OT: - Best Seinfeld episodes? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Seinfeld episodes?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There are too many that could tie for first. It was more a show of concepts than episodes, but Marine Biologist, Summer of George, Opposite George, lost in the garage, and Chinese Restaurant stand out in my mind.

Of course there is also the Lloyd Braun episodes, Soup Nazi, Festivus, Vandelay Industries, the AIDS ribbon, shrinkage, sponge-worthy, jerk store, eating a Snickers with a fork and knife, etc. That made their way into the American lexicon. How many people started asking telemarketer for their home number so they could return the phone call during dinner?

One of the best things about Seinfeld is that arcs rarely took more than one episode, so aside from the ones involving "Susan" and the series finale. They can be watched in a random order.

Reaction Score
The marine biologist.

All the seemingly seperate story lines are combined in one historic historical monument.

It may be the greatest example of comedy writing ever.

I saw a behind-the-scenes thing (probably on YouTube still) about this scene - I believe the Titlist part was added/written on the spot after they finished the original ending and didn't get the pop they wanted from the crowd. Amazing.

My favorite ep will always be The Opposite. Also, one of my favorite scenes is George taking BP with Jeter & Bernie Williams ...

"But we just won the World Series!"
"Hrmp, yeah, in six games." with an eye roll.

I can't imagine a TV character ever eclipsing George. He is the pinnacle.

This show will never get old, I re-watched it last summer on Hulu and it was even better than I remembered. It also put into perspective how rough the sitcom landscape has been for years in this country. This show was a mastery of awkward humor - a perfect mix of cringe and hilarity. Most shows in recent years are more on the cringe side and quite a bit short on the hilarity side.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
One of my favorite scenes is during the episode with all the “it’s me” and “the tractor story.” Jerry gives his GF the “it’s me” and she thinks it’s someone named Raef. He for some reason dons this dumb voice and goes “so uh how’s things with Jerry?” with George egging him on. Eventually we learn of the immortal tractor story. (Kramer: Does she have toe thumbs?”)

I also love Magic Eye, the stolen couch, top of the muffin TO YOU! I could talk Seinfeld forever.

Reaction Score
so wrong.

There was some absolute greatness this last season. A couple duds too, but the few top episodes stand up to any other season.
Agreed, the Fatwa thing got annoying and dragged on but the middle of the season had some very good episodes. The first few seasons are fantastic though. The Doll and Beloved Aunt are phenomenal.

Husky25

Reaction Score
One of my favorite scenes is during the episode with all the “it’s me” and “the tractor story.” Jerry gives his GF the “it’s me” and she thinks it’s someone named Raef. He for some reason dons this dumb voice and goes “so uh how’s things with Jerry?” with George egging him on. Eventually we learn of the immortal tractor story. (Kramer: Does she have toe thumbs?”)

I also love Magic Eye, the stolen couch, top of the muffin TO YOU! I could talk Seinfeld forever.
helLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Husky25

Reaction Score

I can't imagine a TV character ever eclipsing George. He is the pinnacle.
Used to think the same thing, but then I heard that "George" was basically Larry David in sitcom form. I never got into Curb Your Enthusiasm. Maybe it's about time to start a binge.

Reaction Score
Used to think the same thing, but then I heard that "George" was basically Larry David in sitcom form. I never got into Curb Your Enthusiasm. Maybe it's about time to start a binge.
You will be so glad you did. Watch the first 3 or 4 seasons, just hysterical. It’s mostly improv too. The actors have a very basic storyline and improv around it.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Love Curb, but this latest season was a letdown, should have just kept it retired

I love that show, but I can only imagine the flow charts needed to keep track of what’s happening. Just when I think they’re going nowhere, they come back around to something from a previous show and tie it all together.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Bubble Boy!
Part of that episode happened to me in real life a few years earlier. We were playing Trivial Pursuit back then at my buddy's house, boys against the girls. It was at the end of a taut game. The question to us was, "What is Coq au vin"? And we said "Chicken with wine". The wife says "No! Chicken with RED wine" and slams the card back into the box. The girls went on to win. They got divorced.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

you will thank yourself.

Larry David IS George. You will recognize it right away. He is George in real life. Seinfeld worked so well because it was a show taken (mostly) from Larry Davids life and observations. Curb is taken from Larry Davids life and observations and then that gets meta in a hurry because he plays himself.

Cant say one is better than the other because of the standard network sitcom format of the 90's vs. the creative freedom of HBO. They are both works of Genius. And the common thread between the Genius of both shows is Larry David himself. That much is known. Curb is a top 5 TV show for me of all time. And the top comedy.(for me). Yes I like it even more than Seinfeld.

Larry made a few appearances in Seinfeld too, most people know this but a few dont.
He sold a pack of gum to someone (george?) once
He was the guy wearing the cape on the street in one episode
and he was George Steinbrenner

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I can’t even reply to this without doing some serious thinking and analyzing. Seinfeld and creating to _ “lists” are 2 of my favorite things on the planet.

Reaction Score
you will thank yourself.

Larry David IS George. You will recognize it right away. He is George in real life. Seinfeld worked so well because it was a show taken (mostly) from Larry Davids life and observations. Curb is taken from Larry Davids life and observations and then that gets meta in a hurry because he plays himself.

Cant say one is better than the other because of the standard network sitcom format of the 90's vs. the creative freedom of HBO. They are both works of Genius. And the common thread between the Genius of both shows is Larry David himself. That much is known. Curb is a top 5 TV show for me of all time. And the top comedy.(for me). Yes I like it even more than Seinfeld.

Larry made a few appearances in Seinfeld too, most people know this but a few dont.
He sold a pack of gum to someone (george?) once
He was the guy wearing the cape on the street in one episode
and he was George Steinbrenner
After watching Curb it’s easy to spot which Seinfeld episodes are mostly written by Larry. The structure of having four or 5 seemingly unrelated things all brilliantly tie in together at the end of the episode is Larry’s signature. It’s no coincidence the final two seasons of Seinfeld are comparatively weak, since Larry wasn’t involved by then.

I agree August, that you can’t compare the two because of the reasons you stated. I kind of like to look at it like loving The Beatles and then getting to enjoy McCartney, Lennon, Harrison and Ringo solo material. Different material but still reminders of what we loved so much about the ensemble act. Blessed in both cases.

Reaction Score
Is your wife 8?
Close but no.

And Colombian so she is not always familiar with some of the things that makes America GREAT like microbrews, New Haven pizza, Seinfeld, March Madness, seasons and free museums in DC.

Although she is quickly catching on with the microbrews and learned about March Madness last year when I took off two days from work to watch the first round (and I already put in a leave request this past week for this coming MM).

I love when Kramer adopts a highway and turns it into 2 lanes. The end scene with Newman. "Oh the humanity" as his truck blows up.

I was thinking of that episode yesterday. The topic of seinfeld actually came up yesterday with some co-workers at lunch, not even because I asked too. This episode, along with soup nazi were the first two mentioned at this lunch.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom