• Tristen Newton

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donovan Clingan

Votes: 83 23.7%
  • Other - specify below

Votes: 5 1.4%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
With the way Hawkins has been playing he has solidified himself as one of the best “pickups” (i.e. recruit or transfer) of the Hurley era. I’m also factoring in who may have the best long term NBA potential. Who has your vote?
If Hawk stays on extra year, he averages 20+ points per game next year. He is the obvious winner then. But as of now, Adama has to be the pick. Hawk has been on fire for two months. Adama has been consistent for two years.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Why the hell ORANGE???!!!!! Cmon coach you know better
You sure that is not red and the camera lens is not playing tricks on your eyes (particularly yours ;))?

Reaction Score
If Hawk stays on extra year, he averages 20+ points per game next year. He is the obvious winner then. But as of now, Adama has to be the pick. Hawk has been on fire for two months. Adama has been consistent for two years.
This is true, but which of the two can you see having a more successful professional career? Adama could likely play overseas and do very well, but Hawkins’ skillset is suited for a long NBA career.

Reaction Score
picked jordan but AJ is underrated, he’s ben simmons willing to take a shot?

Reaction Score
Evaluating as of right now:
Hawkins most important to team's upside & long-term nba player carrying the UConn brand.
Karaban is a rock freshman that also projects as 3+ year player
Clingan gives current 'wow' potential & hints of 24 NC favorite
Doesn't diminish what Sanogo & Jackson do right now as both arguably as important to team wins & success this season.

Going with Karaban as he has the highest expected value in terms of current & future contributions at UConn. We remain a top ranked team as long as he's in Storrs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Surprised nobody has answered "Andrea".

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I voted Bouk. I know OP said to include NBA, but Bouk was our first player in a long time that nationally people wanted to see, made us a Sportscenter staple even when playing ECU, and our first lottery pick in forever.

Reaction Score
I voted Bouk. I know OP said to include NBA, but Bouk was our first player in a long time that nationally people wanted to see, made us a Sportscenter staple even when playing ECU, and our first lottery pick in forever.
The Boneyard has very short memories
Bouk is the obvious pick
Him being an entertaining highlight reel and a lottery pick is recruiting gold .
No Bouk and it could be a much different 2022-23 roster

Reaction Score
The Boneyard has very short memories
Bouk is the obvious pick
Him being an entertaining highlight reel and a lottery pick is recruiting gold .
No Bouk and it could be a much different 2022-23 roster
Respectfully, you have to factor UConn's results on the court with Bouknight. Made the NCAA's is about all one can point to & in the one NCAA game it wasn't a good performance.

The recruiting stuff is image/perception based, it has some merit but also minimizes the efforts of the coaching staff, they still had to find, get attention of (there Book likely helped) and land the prospects. Every part of the process is necessary and important, but Bouk isn't close to a modern day Chris Smith. Smitty was a big time recruit, performed amazingly, became a star at UConn, WON; his & his team's successes directly beget future success.

Reaction Score
Respectfully, you have to factor UConn's results on the court with Bouknight. Made the NCAA's is about all one can point to & in the one NCAA game it wasn't a good performance.

The recruiting stuff is image/perception based, it has some merit but also minimizes the efforts of the coaching staff, they still had to find, get attention of (there Book likely helped) and land the prospects. Every part of the process is necessary and important, but Bouk isn't close to a modern day Chris Smith. Smitty was a big time recruit, performed amazingly, became a star at UConn, WON; his & his team's successes directly beget future success.
I don’t mean this maliciously, but NCAAT can’t really be a criteria here because none of Hurley’s pickups have seen the round of 32

Yeah Bouknight had a bad game against Maryland and we were upset in the 7v10. That same game RJ was 3-12 and Tyrese was 1-10. The team was .500 when Bouknight was injured and wouldn’t sniff March without him

The following year against NMSU, Sanogo scored 10, Tyrese was 2-7, Andre had 6pts/4ast before fouling out. Yeah RJ played well, but we lost the 5v12.

We all expect Hawkins/Sanogo/Andre to bring us farther in March this year, but that’s all speculation for now

Reaction Score
I don’t mean this maliciously, but NCAAT can’t really be a criteria here because none of Hurley’s pickups have seen the round of 32

Yeah Bouknight had a bad game against Maryland and we were upset in the 7v10. That same game RJ was 3-12 and Tyrese was 1-10. The team was .500 when Bouknight was injured and wouldn’t sniff March without him

The following year against NMSU, Sanogo scored 10, Tyrese was 2-7, Andre had 6pts/4ast before fouling out. Yeah RJ played well, but we lost the 5v12.

We all expect Hawkins/Sanogo/Andre to bring us farther in March this year, but that’s all speculation for now
All true. I think that does factor into Bouknight and AJ's & Sanogo's contributions/values.
To be fair the question was phrase 'pickup' so I guess the highest rated recruit or most improbable selection of UConn should weigh most heavily, I don't follow recruiting much so don't know that aspect of the best answer.

So Instead the high likelihood of a much higher seed in 23 & the hope of some wins has me optimistic in grading value of players still contributing to UConn this year and into the future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom