Best performance by an opposing player vs UConn? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Best performance by an opposing player vs UConn?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Teddy Allen…I have never seen someone shoot that well all game
I give it to him not only for the quality of that performance, but of greater importance, where it led us.

Reaction Score
I remember Preston Shumpert being a real jerk when we play Cuse back in the late 90s

Reaction Score
I remember someone going off in an NIT game at the Civic Center. I think it was Trent Tucker. I may be wrong. My memory has been fading lately.

Reaction Score
Kerry Kittles
Came to town and destroyed a very good UConn team .
The St Joes kid shot lights out
Gomes had a couple of them
Flynn had 34 pts for Cuse in the 6 OT game keeping them in the game

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
A few of us answered the question with the right answer (Elijah Allen) and nobody else seemed to notice.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Jack Foley, Holy Cross
Jack .” The Shot” Foley
imagine him with the three point shot
I believe Holy Cross is the only NewEngland team with a winning record against UConn

Reaction Score
Anyone who took a 3 pointer in the first half for Creighton this year
I'm quietly happy for that loss. On 2/20 Creighton was the best team in college basketball and it gave us the pressure release, recalibration, we needed for our eos championships.

Reaction Score
We allowed Zach Edey to go off for 37 points and 10 rebounds against us in the National Championship game.

The wildest part is we won that game by 15 points lol
That was the game plan! We gave up one 3 all game!

Reaction Score
He scored in the first 10 minutes was Pretty much contained for the next 20 , thrn scored against Karaban when the game was over and we were trading baskets .
It’s remarkable how impotent the 2 is when you’re behind and can’t put together a bunch of stops.
I also think the plan was not to "let" him get his, but to make him work for it.

He was exhausted (Raf pointed this out a few times during the broadcast) and was really a non-factor on defense outside of the first 10 minutes and short-armed or rushed enough offensive possessions that they had deflating empty trips while we expanded the lead.

Reaction Score
One of my first memories as a UConn fan was attending the BET in 2001 and watching Preston Shumpert go off for Cuse. I think he did 30 that night. Shout out Shumpert.

cwh20

Six is good!
Reaction Score
Troy bell of BC.
My memory is shaky but i think he always crushed that old BE game against uconn every year
It was the last BE game for UConn and BC one year and Bell was going for the BE scoring record at Conte. I was there. UConn won handily and Bell was kept well below his season average and did not break that record.

cwh20

Six is good!
Reaction Score
I may have some of this wrong but UConn lost their first game in the Alaska Shootout against Texas A&M in the 1989-1990 season. It wasn’t on TV but I was listening on the radio and I believe the guys name was Suber. Maybe Tony was his first name? He was a nightmare that game as he put UConn into the losers bracket the very first game of the tourney. UConn went 2-1 though in what was the start of the Dream Season. Interestingly Michigan State who wasn’t ranked very high in the polls (if at all) was there also. UConn didn’t face them. Both earned 1 seeds in the NCAA by the end of the year

Reaction Score
Scottie Reynolds Villanova
I'm amazed that took 43 posts. Thank you.

And if it's in the tourney, throw out performances while losing (who cares) and the two words that kept us from our first Final Four by having the game of his life will always haunt me -- Toby Bailey.

I met Jim Harrick at a bar on the beach in Majorca about twelve years ago. As soon as I realized who he was, the first sentence from my mouth was "I hate Toby duck*ing Bailey.

Reaction Score
It was the last BE game for UConn and BC one year and Bell was going for the BE scoring record at Conte. I was there. UConn won handily and Bell was kept well below his season average and did not break that record.
I was there also. Never been prouder of being a UConn fan. We so took over the building that with about 3 minutes left Hilton grabbed the other starters on the bench and made them give the UConn fans a standing ovation. And then, with no one but UConn fans left in the building when Troy Bell was taken out on the last time on his senior day, the UConn fans almost to a man stood up and gave him teh polite applause that his career deserved.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom