Best peak performance UConn team? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Best peak performance UConn team?

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Despite no title. 09 defense at every position has them in my top 3.
09 is probably one of my top 3 UConn teams and they still have a banner hung. Just an injury short but final four banners still count.
5 championships + 1 Final Four * Dysons knee injury. I’ll stand on a soap box for that until the end. Lol

Reaction Score
Caron butler teams and 05. 05 was crazy good. 23 is up there but we had teams that didn't win. 05 is the answer. I want it to be close be geez 05 just dominate.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watch the games again. This team had it's Big East funk where the refs didn't put us in such a good place and coaching didn't put us in such a good place. Once the tweaks were made with Sanogo and Jackson this team was really special.

The team didn't have the overall devastating size and talent 2004 did but the ball movement and making the right read was a step up from 2004. This was a pretty special team. You never know but I think next season could be pretty special as well which would be unique for UConn basketball. The teams tend to struggle coming off the national championship.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Watch the games again. This team had it's Big East funk where the refs didn't put us in such a good place and coaching didn't put us in such a good place. Once the tweaks were made with Sanogo and Jackson this team was really special.

The team didn't have the overall devastating size and talent 2004 did but the ball movement and making the right read was a step up from 2004. This was a pretty special team. You never know but I think next season could be pretty special as well which would be unique for UConn basketball. The teams tend to struggle coming off the national championship.

04 had Taliek Brown and Okafor who were both bad at FT's. Boone wasn't great either. UConn was fortunate to be able to put the ball in Ben Gordon's hands at the end of games since he was money at the FT line.

Other than that, '04 had no weaknesses.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Caron butler teams and 05. 05 was crazy good. 23 is up there but we had teams that didn't win. 05 is the answer. I want it to be close be geez 05 just dominate.
Funny how similar 05 and 2012 were.

Super talented teams with that was just too young to put it together after a title year.

Marcus and Shabazz first year running the show.

Jeremy Lamb and Charlie Villanueva stepping it up for it to be their team.

Andre and Rudy being the super talented hyped up freshman.

And a lot of guys finding their role in it all. 05 obviously having more success with it.

Reaction Score
Despite no title. 09 defense at every position has them in my top 3.
Really wow. It has talent. Looked back on it, I see what you are saying but offensive talent just wasn't there. If you want defense shabazz and boatright were suffocating. Two Gary Payton's. That was nonsense defense. 09 was 100% we played in Detroit against MSU and got screwed again. We should really have 7 titles if it was not for reffing. When do we get calls? We have to win every game by 30, so ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Funny how similar 05 and 2012 were.

Super talented teams with that was just too young to put it together after a title year.

Marcus and Shabazz first year running the show.

Jeremy Lamb and Charlie Villanueva stepping it up for it to be their team.

Andre and Rudy being the super talented hyped up freshman.

And a lot of guys finding their role in it all. 05 obviously having more success with it.
Everything you are saying is accurate. Those were good teams. Solid top ten teams that could easily win besides Drummond. We were lucky to make tournament. Drummond was not as advertised. Calhoun didn't retire bc he thought Drummond was Kareem.

Reaction Score
I know people will say UConn caught a break by not having to play Texas or Houston in Houston at the Final Four, but I think UConn's size and defense would've overwhelmed both of those teams. I will be honest, when I watched Miami dismantle Houston in the Sweet 16 I got concerned knowing they could be UConn's opponent in the semifinals. Miami's offense scared the hell out of me.
they said the same thing about denver & miami in the nba finals. phoenix, boston, milwaukee,la etc.. just weren’t good enough. philly definitely wasn’t good enough

Reaction Score
In my opinion what separates ‘04 and ‘23 from any of our other teams is when they were clicking on all cylinders, no other team in the country could or would make it a competitive game with those teams

Reaction Score
2014 probably should’ve been on my list, you wanna talk about peak performance. Shooting everywhere ball handling and free throw shooting. Shabazz and Boatright got up in you (stealing a Kenny Smith line). When Deandre Daniels was on his game he was Durant lite, Giffey a jack off all trades and Kromah could give you double figures off the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom