Best Mac and Cheese in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Topical.

Good call @boog204.

Corner Pug in West Hartford is pretty good.

IMAGE39.JPG

Reaction Score
Yard House in East Windsor has some banging cheesy mac.

Reaction Score
Smokin' with Chris in Southington. The mac & cheese is just 1 of the many many things they make amazingly well.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
A+ thread OP.

I would expect that the UConn cafe has to be at the top of the list to draw out such a reaction.

I need to see how it compares to the Lobster mac and cheese at westbrook lobster.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Dont you derail my mac and cheese thread into a pizza thread. And pepe's outside of New Haven is extremely overrated. They dont even have hot peppers there. Harry's is a much better way to go. But I digress.

I agree it is overrated, but it's better than mac n cheese any freakin day. I don't get the deal with this stuff? You're only supposed to put red sauces on any kind of noodles, pasta etc etc..:confused:

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Years ago my go to mac and cheese was Rein's Deli in Vernon. They serve it with stewed tomatoes. And now, in my house, so do I.

Also, there is a green food truck out there with a big FE (food extrovert)on it, I think. They do a great buffalo chicken mac and cheese. Is often at Clinton Crossing outlet.

Reaction Score
My favorite mac and cheese is my own. A pound of pasta (usually shells, but anything will do, really), with a block of velveeta and a can of Ro-Tel. Plus I mix in ground beef (or turkey/chicken, depending) cooked in taco seasoning. The Lady Bruce and I refer to it as "Mex and cheese." It's delicious, it's good for me, it's the perfect way to start the day.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
My favorite mac and cheese is my own. A pound of pasta (usually shells, but anything will do, really), with a block of velveeta and a can of Ro-Tel. Plus I mix in ground beef (or turkey/chicken, depending) cooked in taco seasoning. The Lady Bruce and I refer to it as "Mex and cheese." It's delicious, it's good for me, it's the perfect way to start the day.
Sounds good, no way its good for you.

Reaction Score
Ah yes, another office quote goes whizzing over my head.

Edit, P.S. I'm making that for dinner.

I think I would cause fewer misunderstandings if I didn't speak in unattributed quotations so often, but where's the fun in that?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I think I would cause fewer misunderstandings if I didn't speak in unattributed quotations so often, but where's the fun in that?
Yea I'm from the same school, but 75% of my quotes are 1990's adam sandler movies and involuntary. So I usually am riffing on "how about you side burns, you want some of this milk?" Or "Who would you rather bone, Jack Nicholson or Meg Ryan?"

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sadly, the best mac and cheese in CT is no longer made, as least not commercially.

It was the Cheesy Chicken Pasta from the long-defunct Avanti, which used to be on Grove Street in downtown New Haven. Shells, Italian hot cherry peppers, chicken and some combination of cheeses that was incredibly savory, salty, sticky, sharp and gooey, without being remotely gross. They served it only on Thursdays, which came to be known among certain of us simply as "CCP day."

Nothing else has ever come close.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
The best macaroni and cheese is the one that I don't have to eat. Macaroni and cheese is to me what brussel sprouts and tongue are to normal people.

Reaction Score
The best macaroni and cheese is the one that I don't have to eat. Macaroni and cheese is to me what brussel sprouts and tongue are to normal people.

Brussel sprouts roasted w some olive oil and bacon is farking delicious. As was required, I hated them as a kid. But just like asparagus, Brussels become delicious once you turn 30.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Brussel sprouts roasted w some olive oil and bacon is farking delicious. As was required, I hated them as a kid. But just like asparagus, Brussels become delicious once you turn 30.
Anything would taste good roasted with olive oil and bacon. That's cheating.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Sadly, the best mac and cheese in CT is no longer made, as least not commercially.

It was the Cheesy Chicken Pasta from the long-defunct Avanti, which used to be on Grove Street in downtown New Haven. Shells, Italian hot cherry peppers, chicken and some combination of cheeses that was incredibly savory, salty, sticky, sharp and gooey, without being remotely gross. They served it only on Thursdays, which came to be known among certain of us simply as "CCP day."

Nothing else has ever come close.

you just gave me a flashback. What was the name of that place right next door to the Bottle Shop (hasu's place.....god bless you) on Orange Street where we met 20 some years ago. They made a cheesy chicken dish once in a while too that wasnt as good as you are describing at Avanti but wasnt bad. My memory is shot.

Reaction Score
I always order the Wisconsin Mac & Cheese (with added grilled chicken) from Noodles. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom