Best Mac and Cheese in CT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Best Mac and Cheese in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
you guys actually order this stuff when eating out?
I'm with you here. Have had Mac and cheese two or three times my whole life. Always have viewed it as children's food. I find it foul. Love cheese. Love pasta. Just don't like them together. Which is weird, given how popular it is and the fact that I'll pretty much eat anything that is carbon based and was once living. My kids and wife love it.

Reaction Score
It's only a stones throw over the Ct/MA border so in going to throw it in: Granville General Store. Tiniest little Podunk store you've ever seen. But it's the homemade cheddar cheese that makes it a cut above everywhere else I've ever had Mac n cheese. It is phenomenal.

Reaction Score
MacDaddys in Monroe is the best gourmet Mac and Cheese in Southern CT.

Reaction Score
Brussel sprouts are awesome and versatile, cook them in rendered bacon fat and golden raisins and add the chunks of bacon at the end of cooking them. Tongue is also great, a quality tongue sandwich on rye from a Jewish deli and lengua tacos are as good as it gets.
I ordered had my GF try a lengua taco that I ordered without her telling it what it is (she is repulsed by the idea of tongue) and as you would expect, because tongue tastes very normal, she liked it.... until I told her. And yes, to answer anyone's question, we're still together after that little incident.

Reaction Score
Brussel sprouts roasted w some olive oil and bacon is farking delicious. As was required, I hated them as a kid. But just like asparagus, Brussels become delicious once you turn 30.

I get the asparagus now on the grill with some "Believe it or not" but much like the Beav I will never get the brussel sprouts.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
This is my problem with it and why I haven't tried it...yet.

Friends who don't have that issue have raved about the Rick Reuben (50/50) at Meat & Co. I am a fan of the place and have loved everything I've had there. Maybe one of these days I'll try the tongue.
I worked part-time at a Jewish deli years ago. Little old ladies would come in and ask to see the tongue. I would have to pick up the whole dismembered tongue, (which are big, like a longer ham) wrapped in plastic, and hold it over the counter. It does slice up pretty nicely but I never tried it.

Reaction Score
I worked part-time at a Jewish deli years ago. Little old ladies would come in and ask to see the tongue. I would have to pick up the whole dismembered tongue, (which are big, like a longer ham) wrapped in plastic, and hold it over the counter. It does slice up pretty nicely but I never tried it.

Think you misunderstood for years TRest, the little old ladies asked to see your tongue!

Reaction Score
I still think the original Kraft Mac and Cheese is delicious. Chemical powder cheese and all...

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Lobster mac and cheese at meritage in east Greenwich RI.

Reaction Score
Eli's on Whitney in Hamden has some pretty good mac' n cheese.

Also agree with Wood-N-'Tap and the Corner Pug.

Reaction Score
Wells Maine, the Maine Diner. From scratch Mac n Cheese served with 2 1/4 lb dinner franks. If I was a dog I'd roll in it.

Reaction Score
I've never really found a food I didn't like, never understood those people who won't try things.
I can't bring myself to trying tripe or head cheese

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not sure if its in CT, but damn this looks rally good.

Three-Cheese-Jalapeno-Popper-Mac-n-Cheese-3-3.jpg
@UconnFanNVa Lol, I used this same pict in a different thread. It does look good, doesn't it.

Reaction Score
There is a black bus that parks at the Guilford green. Might be same hombre. Lengua is printed on the side.

It's nicks, the guy with the black bus in Madison, brother. Same menu and offerings. He was doing so well in Madison be decided to expand.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
My unsolicited two cents:

1) Who on earth (over the age of 12) goes out to eat and settles for mac and cheese?
2) One of my buddies did commit this cardinal sin at Plan B and had pulled pork mac and cheese. I had a bite and it was actually pretty darn good.
3) To the guy on page one who claimed Harry's to be better than Pepe's, not a chance. Maybe better than the West Hartford location, but not in the same universe as the New Haven pie

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
There's a lot of foods out there that taste great and have a good deal of versatility that people won't eat due to the psychological discomfort some of these foods can cause. Take beef hearts for instance. If you grilled one of them up and didn't tell your guest what you were serving, they'd just assume they were eating the most tender and delicious steak of their life.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of foods out there that taste great and have a good deal of versatility that people won't eat due to the psychological discomfort some of these foods can cause. Take beef hearts for instance. If you grilled one of them up and didn't tell your guest what you were serving, they'd just assume they were eating the most tender and delicious steak of their life.

The italian restaurant in the gramercy park hotel in NY makes a salad of pig hearts and peppers in vinegar that's one of my favorite dishes of food anywhere.

I get that people have a psychological aversion to certain foods, but I've found that a lot of the stuff that makes people squeamish turns out to be the best eating.

Reaction Score
The best I have had is the lobster Mac n cheese at J&D Pub in Stafford. Fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom