OT: - Best live music performances | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Best live music performances

Reaction Score
Posted once before, as a semi retired music exec.haven't participated, but in solidarity with Gold2323 here goes. Jimmy Hendrix ,7 weeks before his death, Allman Bros.at the U. of Ohio, many Springsteen, but the best, L.A. and Paris. Again ,cause of my profession have been fortunate to witness countless concerts over 30 some odd years.

Reaction Score
Here is Elvis Costello singing "Veronica" at an employee picnic at Warner Brothers

Reaction Score
1. Chicago….Yale Bowl, early 70’s….great brass.
2. Springsteen twice in Hartford….guy is just an animal.
3. Moody Blues….New Haven Coliseum, mid 70’s….classic songs.
Justin Hayward solo, also excellent…Garde, Infinity venue.
4. John Denver…New Haven Coliseum, early 70’s…songs and storytelling.
5. James Taylor…Oakdale, Gilford, NH….songs and storytelling.
6. Hate to own this…Barry Manilow in Hartford. (it was my wife’s turn to pick). I was blown away by the guy…what a performer! Music eh!

Reaction Score
First place--any Grateful Dead concert.
Second place--any Dead & Company concert.

Best Dead concert I ever saw was at RFK Stadium in DC in the early seventies. It wasn't just the Dead--it was a weekend of the Dead and the Allman Brothers Band. (I also saw the Allmans in concert before Duane passed on.)

Other concerts of note that I attended: The Beatles first concert at Shea Stadium in NYC. Jimi Hendrix at Lincoln Center in NYC a few months before he died. Springsteen in San Diego. Stones, also in San Diego. BB King in a small club in LA.

Here's a Grateful Dead lagniappe.

Reaction Score
"Well now, it's story time again".

Tom Waits incredible version of the Red Sovine classic:

Reaction Score
Neil Young & Crazy Horse - live "Powderfinger".

IIRC , this one got voted as Neil's best ever song, its certainly in my top 5 for him:

Reaction Score
Muddy Waters doing "Baby Please Don't Go" - with a little help from a few famous guys known as the Rolling Stones:

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I don’t know how to post the performance but if you want to see a great guitar jam between two masters, search for BB King & Gary Moore, The Thrill is Gone! It’s the one where BB King is wearing a bright green jacket. The back and forth between these two is unforgettable!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom