OT: - Best live music performances | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Best live music performances

Reaction Score

I have seen most everybody in concert since the early 70s. Yes in the round, early Queen, The Who, Pink Floyd building the wall, Van Halen (even when they were a back up band to Black Sabbath), The Stones, Paul McCartney, Led Zepplin, Billy Joel, Sir Elton John, Garth Brooks, every U2 tour including Toads Place, Live Aid, etc. Played cards with Axl Rose, and rode on a plane with James Brown. In my opinion, no one compares to Springsteen. You can see both my son and I in the front row in this video from Sweden, (as well as in Bruce’s Super Bowl performance.)

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Scud 49, Muddy Waters and the Stones was in a dive bar in Chicago or Detroit, can't remember, impressive choice.
If you put an ”at” symbol (@) before a poster’s handle, you will tag them so that they get an alert you’re making a comment to them

@GEAinAustin

Reaction Score
1970. i was wrapping up my degree at USCB and had some friends in Berkeley that i'd visit from time to time. People's Park (yup, THAT PP) on Saturday with The Dead and Santana playing for all of us stoned out hippies...all for free. Actually better than free due to all the recreational agents that were freely given away. Lots of concerts growing up in California in the late 60s/70s but that one has stuck with me. Sorry - no YT clips for that one!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Pulp performing their big Britpop song in Reading. Crowd pretty in to it.

Common People - Pulp

Reaction Score

And finally, for me, Sly and the band on Soul Train, no lip synching for them, sound and equipment minor mishaps and all. I’ve seen more than my share of live music and they are right up there with the best bands I‘ve had the privilege to see.

What an awesome collection of bands, solo artists and performances! Thank you all for the trip!

Seeing the Moody Blues in concert many times from 1972 through 2018 was always my favorite experience, but the most amazing concert I ever attended was Sly and the Family Stone at MSG in the early '70s. We were seated in the mezzanine and, after just a few minutes of the band's performance, it felt as if the whole structure was pulsating with the crowd's rhythmic movement. Sly and Co. sang just four songs, but moved from one to another without a break such that it turned out to be about an hour and a half straight of awesome music.

The singular most fun concert I've attended was watching maestro John Williams and the Boston Pops performing all of his movie themes at Tanglewood in Lenox, Mass., starting with Chrissie's death scene in Jaws and including Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Superman, ET, on and on...

Reaction Score
Posted once before, as a semi retired music exec.haven't participated, but in solidarity with Gold2323 here goes. Jimmy Hendrix ,7 weeks before his death, Allman Bros.at the U. of Ohio, many Springsteen, but the best, L.A. and Paris. Again ,cause of my profession have been fortunate to witness countless concerts over 30 some odd years.
And you were paid to remember them!

Reaction Score
If any music lovers ever come to Austin {maybe next season, when UConn plays Texas} I'm sure your aware of the quantity and quality of the music here, I would gladly direct you as to who is playing where and when. Austin is known as the music capital of the world, and it doesn't disappoint. Maybe I'll post the info of who and where, when the date is scheduled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom