Best game tonight-Duke @ND | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Best game tonight-Duke @ND

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Really nice article on ESPN focused on Lexie and mentions some of the off season Lexie and Rebecca were going through.
Brown helps steer Duke back to nation's elite

Great article. I saw this on Friday. She's definitely been worth the wait. Earlier after her horrible outing in the SC-Duke game.... one of the Turtle fans on here asked me (with a smirk), how was the Lexie Brown thing going. I replied then it was going great....... and its still going great :cool:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Baylor does have a need for bigs, but we Irish fans prefer she stays in South Bend despite our logjam in the post. Brianna will get good minutes in games if she earns those minutes in practice.
I've got a feeling that about now she's having dreams about ripping up that letter of intent and going with her second choice.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
So is this what we're doing now. Just creating rumors whole cloth?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor does have a need for bigs, but we Irish fans prefer she stays in South Bend despite our logjam in the post. Brianna will get good minutes in games if she earns those minutes in practice.

You can never have too many bigs.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
So is this what we're doing now. Just creating rumors whole cloth?

Yes. You apparently missed the memo.

I was obviously joking about her transferring to Baylor. I am sure that Turner is very happy with her choice and is getting a top notch education. I truly wish her nothing but the best, unless she is playing Baylor, then I wish her nothing but on-court misery.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Great article. I saw this on Friday. She's definitely been worth the wait. Earlier after her horrible outing in the SC-Duke game.... one of the Turtle fans on here asked me (with a smirk), how was the Lexie Brown thing going. I replied then it was going great.. and its still going great :cool:
Hey, I have an irksome comment on MCCallie with your correct observation here. CharlieBB has a Transfer thread that was updated today and buried within that were snide comments McCallie made about Geno taking transfers, which was innocuous enough back in May when she made them with Geno making his own nice quip back. What now bothers me is JPM had full knowledge of Lexi at the time (which I had either forgotten or not known) so while I have been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt on this years teams performance, what the hell was she thinking when she said such a hypocritical comment?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

I was obviously joking about her transferring to Baylor. I am sure that Turner is very happy with her choice and is getting a top notch education. I truly wish her nothing but the best, unless she is playing Baylor, then I wish her nothing but on-court misery.
Is it me or is today a day where everyone seems to be bothered by comments of dissenting views? A forum is a venue for banter and hopefully all of it in a good natured tone. Some topics are obviously more problematic than others but by and large we are suppose to have fun. Maybe we all were lacking sleep from a fun weekemd and tomorrow will be back to normal- otherwise we may be turning into VolNation and the constant negativity....

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I knew *you* were joking.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
1) The addition of Lexi Brown and her presence as a vocal leader
2) The addition to the staff of a full-time strength and conditioning coach/trainer who ONLY works with women's basketball, instead of having to share said position with other sports (as was the case previously)

Great article. I saw this on Friday. She's definitely been worth the wait. Earlier after her horrible outing in the SC-Duke game.... one of the Turtle fans on here asked me (with a smirk), how was the Lexie Brown thing going. I replied then it was going great.. and its still going great :cool:

The Lexie Brown transfer helps Duke in so many ways. She's a gamer and I could see kids attracted to her/Duke.

On another note, I was just perusing the 2017 Recruiting lists and didn't realize that Madison Treece, formerly committed to UK (back in September!), has joined the Dookie class of 2017. Interesting one-two combination between her power-posting and Jade Williams more face-up 4 game.

With a little air-time, that was a solid game between Duke and ND. We had another tough one against Virginia. Frosh Jocelyn Willoughby can play. Reminds me of our own Jackie Young with a little of Miyasha Hines-Allen's physical nature thrown in there (she's a big guard).

9. Duke
(Prospects Nation Rankings of 2017 Class. ...selected images)

Jade Williams
TEXAS, Class of 2017
POSITION/RANKP / 3
HEIGHT6' 4"

Madison Treece
MISSOURI, Class of 2017
POSITION/RANKP / 23
HEIGHT6' 3"

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online