Best game tonight-Duke @ND | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Best game tonight-Duke @ND

Reaction Score
Can I ask why? NC is terrible. Hatchel retired 3 years and her mind hasn't told her body yet. She's an empty suit. Both SH and CVS need to ride off into the sunset, it's time and you are only diminishing your accomplishments. Think Willie Mays 1973....

Hatchell and CVS are going to stick around until they get to 1000. Hatchell will get there early next year. Dunno about CVS.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Unbelievable finish at ND. Both teams had shot clock violations with a minute left. left.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Too much dribbling by Duke. Greenwell has to get more then 9 shots if Duke was going to win this game.

Neither team shot 40% for the game. Duke had their chances. Duke shot 8-15 from the Free Throw line.

Reaction Score
Yes comedy of errors.

Meanwhile, Deshields is having a monster game against Florida.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
mad daffy.jpg

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Got the All-American version of Turner tonight. 25 pts, 12 reb. Much needed on a night when the deep ball wasn't there (3-16 from 3).

Good win. Not beautiful basketball but the games against Duke usually aren't.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They need to drop VPI from the rankings immediately :oops: Those chickens got roasted :(

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Duke played well for most of the game but had a miserable stretch in the 4th quarter where they looked like the really bad version of Tennessee. Offense turned to molasses and turnovers galore.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke played well for most of the game but had a miserable stretch in the 4th quarter where they looked like the really bad version of Tennessee. Offense turned to molasses and turnovers galore.

We got KILLED on the offensive boards Head bang That was the most frustrating part of the game for me...... then the careless turnovers.

#11 played like a first team A-A tonight Head bang

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
North Carolina and Miami is on like 13 channels and who the heck cares. The games we wanna see ... well, they are nowhere. OK SC and K is one but still it is very maddening. Round up one hundred of your neighbors and force them to watch.... well, never mind.

It's the ONLY reason I'm watching it. It's in the TV vs the computer.

Reaction Score
ND ....38fg%....19% from three point land....they are not a very good offensive team this year...feel bad for Allen as she seems to be a terrific point guard but the rest of the team hasn't figured out how to play together... they have a 2=3 key players that think its all about them

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I am looking forward to seeing Patberg and Boley play given the fact they are getting more minutes now. I do think Lexi has an point to make and will outplay Lindsay Allen tonight. If the "real" Turner shows up, ND wins by 8. If not, I will be bemused watching McGraws Bench tonight and tomorrow.

I guess it was a draw..... Brown scored alot more..... but Allen had a ton of assists and her team won. I suppose the "real" Turner showed up. Going into the game..... I thought it Brown and Turner were the two leading contenders for ACC Player of the year...... Turner pulled ahead tonight.

Got the All-American version of Turner tonight. 25 pts, 12 reb. Much needed on a night when the deep ball wasn't there (3-16 from 3).

Good win. Not beautiful basketball but the games against Duke usually aren't.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo what are you trying to say ...... Mr. Orangutan
45.gif
45.gif
45.gif
45.gif
45.gif
45.gif
45.gif
45.gif
45.gif
45.gif
45.gif
45.gif
45.gif
45.gif

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I guess it was a draw..... Brown scored alot more..... but Allen had a ton of assists and her team won. I suppose the "real" Turner showed up. Going into the game..... I thought it Brown and Turner were the two leading contenders for ACC Player of the year. Turner pulled ahead tonight.

Muffet talked in her press conference about the difficulties in guarding Brown. She said they wanted to face-guard her but the ND players didn't do a good job of it. She thought Allen did a good job on Brown but she didn't put Allen on Brown until the late 3rd quarter because she wanted to make sure Allen stayed out of foul trouble.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo what are you trying to say . Mr. Orangutan

Duke's defense and preferred pace (usually much slower than what ND likes) typically takes ND out of their offense game. That's really all I meant. But I mean...yeah JPM's offenses are typically pretty unwatchable, lol :p

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
This was a game that sent me back on a time warp to some previous, prehistoric Big East battles.
Harry Perretta of Villanova -- who knows a thing or two about downshifting a game's pace -- obviously battle-planned this out!;) So, with that in mind, MM probably has the right attitude -- take the win and stay in Dodge to fight again (There will be nights like this...maybe not for UConn, but for ND this year, yes.).

I saw an earlier comment about ND having a hard time finding it's offensive identity and, believe me, there has been much discussion about this over at McGraw's Bench.* However, credit to Duke for slowing down things and employing it's 2-3 zone. Wish we could've attacked the "ACC" more than we did and we missed a slew of open threes.
However, kudos to Turner for rising above it all when she needed to (that's what she does and the simplicity of it is a bit harder than it looks. As an ol' power forward, I appreciate it.) And Lindsay Allen and Marina Mabrey did a yeoman's job of chasing Brown and Greenwell, respectively, around the court the late 3rd and entire 4th quarter.

* They've been succeeded in the line-up and rotation by potentially better scorers, but there's a reason why Michaela Mabrey and Maddie Cable are now coaching in college. Might be one reason why Muffet recruited Abby Prohaska to go along with Katlyn Gilbert and Jenna Brown.

Reaction Score
What is the story behind Duke playing better this season?
Has JPM hired a new asst coach?

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
What is the story behind Duke playing better this season?
Has JPM hired a new asst coach?

1) The addition of Lexi Brown and her presence as a vocal leader
2) The addition to the staff of a full-time strength and conditioning coach/trainer who ONLY works with women's basketball, instead of having to share said position with other sports (as was the case previously)

Dillon77

Reaction Score
2) The addition to the staff of a full-time strength and conditioning coach/trainer who ONLY works with women's basketball, instead of having to share said position with other sports (as was the case previously)

I thought she was tremendous last night. Might be good if you can get someone in to spell her for a bit....she played all 40 last night, right? That's gonna wear her down at tourney time (even Coach P acknowledged that in her presser). And your other two guards were not far behind.

On the other, ND ran Allen for 40 minutes and Mabrey for 35, so we're not far behind.

Quite the battle last night....(probably) see in South Carolina at the ACC tourney.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I thought she was tremendous last night. Might be good if you can get someone in to spell her for a bit....she played all 40 last night, right? That's gonna wear her down at tourney time (even Coach P acknowledged that in her presser). And your other two guards were not far behind.

On the other, ND ran Allen for 40 minutes and Mabrey for 35, so we're not far behind.

Quite the battle last night....(probably) see in South Carolina at the ACC tourney.

Though I would like to see her minutes reduced..... she is in tremendous shape. She completed a half marathon in the spring....... and also won the Iron Blue Devil Belt Award this year (awarded to the player who excels in summer workouts and preseason conditioning). The schedule eases up a bit.... so hopefully this helps a bit.... but we only have 4 guards available for play this season.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Though I would like to see her minutes reduced..... she is in tremendous shape. She completed a half marathon in the spring.. and also won the Iron Blue Devil Belt Award this year (awarded to the player who excels in summer workouts and preseason conditioning). The schedule eases up a bit.... so hopefully this helps a bit.... but we only have 4 guards available for play this season.

Yup, I just read about that in the ESPN article that was just posted. It's not even the physical exertion...sometimes it's the concentration needed to excel when you're marked. A minute or three here, that's all...but I did see the short bench in blue and white.

Ours just got a little thinner as well....Mychal Johnson had a separated shoulder (just like Brianna Turner did) and that's a minimum three weeks out, plus who knows what kind of bounce back. The only good thing from a team depth element is that Ali Patberg is back and playing, so hopefully our iron person, Lindsay Allen, might get a spell or two. But I'm guessing both coaches will ride those guards.

Reaction Score
ND by 10. They're playing at home and can't afford to lose another ACC regular season game if they want to win the conference regular season championship.

ND---at home?? Usually a given--the refs are bought and paid for---(just to tweek the ND fans).
I'm not a JPM hater --they have done much better this year than I expected with the transfers--and look at what Uconn took away--without a word to JPM? Geno obviously is just trying to rebuild a dying team--by raiding top players around the country--Batouly (Kentucky?), Walker from Virginia, etc raiding around the country. And he is raiding the baby Cribs--case in point--Collier--still damp behind the ears--and Geno is putting his shark hook into her!! Has he no shame???

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Really nice article on ESPN focused on Lexie and mentions some of the off season Lexie and Rebecca were going through.
Brown helps steer Duke back to nation's elite

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom