Best game tonight-Duke @ND | The Boneyard

Best game tonight-Duke @ND

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
ok where is our colleague TriadDuke? I am hoping for a good game with Lexi lighting up Lindsay to make a statement and to see how Muffet spins it after. It's at ND so while I will be rooting for Duke, my money is on ND here.

Reaction Score
ND by 10. They're playing at home and can't afford to lose another ACC regular season game if they want to win the conference regular season championship.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Not sure what Westbeld's status is after mising last two games with ankle injury.

Would feel much better about this game if I knew she was playing.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
You will probably see coaching having more effect on the games
outcome than talent.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I am keeping an eye on South Carolina vs. Georgia. Georgia played SC close in SC without Wilson (66to 63). If Georgia learned anything ,Caliya Robinson can stay out of foul trouble + home cooking might be enough for a GA upset. Olivia Nelson-Ododa is a regular (season ticket holder) at Georgia games, would be interesting to see if she shows up for this one.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I think Duke would feel better if Westbeld is playing also. :oops:

She's second on the team in FG%, 2nd in rebounds, 3rd in assists. Yeah, I want her out there.

Besides, if we're being cynical, less Westbeld means more Nelson, who is certainly far worse than Westbeld, or more Boley, who is still extremely green.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She's second on the team in FG%, 2nd in rebounds, 3rd in assists. Yeah, I want her out there.
Besides, if we're being cynical, less Westbeld means more Nelson, who is certainly far worse than Westbeld, or more Boley, who is still extremely green.
What....me "cynical" ? NEVER!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Is there a link to the game other than the ACC network? My Uverse gets all the conference networks except the ACC.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
ok where is our colleague TriadDuke?

I guess I am chopped liver, only having been a member of The Boneyard since the fall of 2002 and having been given a Boneyard pin and honorary BY status by supreme Boneyard leader HuskyNan (with whom I attended the UConn-Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl)...

Or only meeting up multiple times with EricSanDiego in San Diego...

Or having a group chat with UCBart, EricSanDiego, and HuskyNan...

:D

Reaction Score
I guess I am chopped liver, only having been a member of The Boneyard since the fall of 2002 and having been given a Boneyard pin and honorary BY status by supreme Boneyard leader HuskyNan (with whom I attended the UConn-Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl)...

You trail Triad in Memes though.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score

Well, chopped liver is a delicacy for some of us, especially on the right type of crackers.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We appreciate you @CamrnCrz1974 but right there is the difference between you and @triaddukefan. You tell us where you have been and who you were with. Triad tells us what he ate & always makes us jealous.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Pardon my exclusion, it was not intentional, Triad and I have had some banter so my first inkling is towards his view. Given what happened to McCalley last year, she seems to have modified her style and I am happy to see and am rooting for her success. Though at time DUKE is a four letter word with a U and a K!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke actually matches up quite well with ND position wise. Definitely better than any time since they have entered the ACC. The problem is the game is in South Bend as opposed to Durham. At the beginning of the season I've felt that there were two definite losses on the schedule. At FSU and @ND. We just dont play particularly well on the road.... except for the game @ BC. That, coupled with our tendency to start out sluggish in the first quarter is a bad combination. I hope, hope, hope that McCallie doesnt insist on staying in a zone all game.Head bang

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Pardon my exclusion, it was not intentional, Triad and I have had some banter so my first inkling is towards his view. Given what happened to McCalley last year, she seems to have modified her style and I am happy to see and am rooting for her success. Though at time DUKE is a four letter word with a U and a K!

One of the things to love about the Boneyard. Word association games to keep our minds sharp!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Duke actually matches up quite well with ND position wise. Definitely better than any time since they have entered the ACC. The problem is the game is in South Bend as opposed to Durham. At the beginning of the season I've felt that there were two definite losses on the schedule. At FSU and @ND. We just dont play particularly well on the road.... except for the game @ BC. That, coupled with our tendency to start out sluggish in the first quarter is a bad combination. I hope, hope, hope that McCallie doesnt insist on staying in a zone all game.Head bang

Duke's guards (Brown, Greenwell and Lambert) play a lot of minutes...over 600 each, to be exact and their next group of players are at mid-400's -- the two forwards -- Oderah and the frosh Odom. So it might help to throw MM's ample supply of guards -- now augmented by Ali Patberg -- in an attempt to wear them down. This is made easier by having Kat around to help Turner with the two O's. But if she can't go, I expect to see a lot of Jackie Young and Boley (not Nelson).

And on offense. If Kat is in, see a lot of balls going to both the post and down low. Duke defends the three well. If she's not in, they'll still go to Turner, but expect to see Ogunbowale going to the hole and Young lurking to use her surprisingly spry jumping ability. If that can open the lane, then that can open the three up for Mabrey, Ogunbowale and Boley.

Lastly, pay attention to Patberg. She's gotten 20 minutes per game and seems to be a forcing factor for folks playing their roles, either by what she's doing on court and/or making other guards realize that playing time could be cut. Might be a glue to the guards, like Westbeld is to the front court. And McGraw likes her.....

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I am keeping an eye on South Carolina vs. Georgia. Georgia played SC close in SC without Wilson (66to 63). If Georgia learned anything ,Caliya Robinson can stay out of foul trouble + home cooking might be enough for a GA upset. Olivia Nelson-Ododa is a regular (season ticket holder) at Georgia games, would be interesting to see if she shows up for this one.

I'll be stunned if this is not a double digit win by SC

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

To me the locale is the deciding factor in this one. Both teams have played much better at home than on the road. Duke has great home wins over South Carolina and Louisville, but lost at Vandy and got blown out at FSU. ND has lost to only UConn at home and has been upset at Durham and Knoxville.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'll be stunned if this is not a double digit win by SC
I agree. Recently saw a Georgia game and thought they looked very meh. Never-the-less, that and the televised B1G game are the 2 I taped to watch.

I don't think the ND game is on broadcast TV. And I don't really do much on-line watching (although I do have a Roku device, I don't use it much).

Reaction Score
Duke hasn't played well on the road this year. Our three losses this year @Vanderbilt (77-73) @Florida St (69-45) @Ncstate (55-52) ...

One thing I will say is Coach P has stepped up vs elite coaches this season. With wins over Dawn Staley, Matthew Mitchell, and Jeff Walz.

If Duke can control Turner on the boards , get a few threes from Greenwell, and turn Arike to a hero ball player we can pull off the upset.

Duke 69
Norte Dame 64

Reaction Score
I don't see the ND game on, but SECN has the USC game on! Honestly I'd rather watch that one, considering the last game they played a short couple of weeks ago was a 3 point squeaker...and the 'Cocks were at HOME. Possible hangover for Staley's kids after the MissSt game? Not a Trap game by definition, but definitely a concern.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I agree. Recently saw a Georgia game and thought they looked very meh. Never-the-less, that and the televised B1G game are the 2 I taped to watch.

I don't think the ND game is on broadcast TV. And I don't really do much on-line watching (although I do have a Roku device, I don't use it much).

It's on the ACCNetwork Extra, which is offered up on what was ESPN3. I access it via my computer and then run it into
my television via an HDMI port. It's a lot harder to throw my Samsung TV then my computer so I calm down a bit. ;)
ND vs UVA is on ESPNu on Sunday at noon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom