Best Connecticut Players to not attend Uconn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best Connecticut Players to not attend Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jordan Williams from Torrington who went to Maryland. Had a very solid career. Averaged 16.9 ppg and 11.8 rpg his sophomore year and then prematurely declared for the NBA draft. He's the cousin of Murray Williams, I believe.

Reaction Score
Luckett, Williamson's, Campbell, Thomas, Eason, Heard, Mahorn's, Bagley, Murphy, Adams, Cobb, Nelson, Sly, Tomlin, C Smith, Garris.............omg there are way too many to sit here and fry my brain!!

Reaction Score
So..Im depressed because i think Paschal Chukwu is going to Providence...which has me thinking what other homegrown talent have we let go on to play at schools other than Uconn

Kris Dunn

Dave McClure

Ricardo Ledo (pg)

Ryan Gomes

Kuran Iverson

Marcus Camby

No matter how you look at it keeping homegrown talent in state is important. We've let some great players cross the borders and i'm pissed we're letting another get away.

Who else has jumped ship on CT in the modern Husky era?

John Williamson was pretty good. Super John!

Reaction Score
Jordan Williams from Torrington who went to Maryland. Had a very solid career. Averaged 16.9 ppg and 11.8 rpg his sophomore year and then prematurely declared for the NBA draft. He's the cousin of Murray Williams, I believe.

Nephew.

I'm still bummed that JC didn't really recruit him. Also bummed that Jordan ate his way out of the NBA after a single year - hopefully he'll be in shape for the summer league.

Reaction Score
3 national titles 7 big east titles 13 all americans and a bunch of lottery picks. i choose to spend my time thinking about the kids we did get then the ones we didnt.

Reaction Score
Nephew.

I'm still bummed that JC didn't really recruit him. Also bummed that Jordan ate his way out of the NBA after a single year - hopefully he'll be in shape for the summer league.

He wasn't even on a roster? WTF is wrong with kids? Although his skill set and speed weren't going to make him a star, a little work ethic could make him a $$$$$$ or 2!! Played against his dad Leron in HS.........not sure where the weight came from......LOL.......

Reaction Score
3 national titles 7 big east titles 13 all americans and a bunch of lottery picks. i choose to spend my time thinking about the kids we did get then the ones we didnt.

Geez sorry to change it up on you and have a little fun :eek:

Reaction Score
Johnny the space man Egan put Providence on the map.
If he never blew out his knees would have been a NBA hall of famer. His sophomore year he was the star and Wilkens was the second option.

Calvin Murphy. One of the alltime great littleman.

Super John Williamson the Dr J Net team was key to the NBA merger.

Gminski helped Duke to. a FF

Small school guys Porky Viera and Gary Liberatore could light it up over 3000 points w/o the three point shot.
there are so many more.
New Haven,Hartford, and Bridgeport we BB mills until crime slowed them down.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

W

Reaction Score
Geez sorry to change it up on you and have a little fun :eek:

It's a good thread because it shows how much bball talent there is in the state. Granted, it's not one of the best producing states out there, but NYC is close by, and now UConn has reversed the trend of Conn. players heading to Mass. schools by taking Mass. kids and bringing them to Storrs.

Garris, Adams, Murphy, Bagley, Camby turned into Kevin Freeman, Scott Hazleton, Jeff Adrien, Alex Oriakhi, Jamal Coombs-McDaniel, Shabazz Napier (I'm sure I'm missing others), and even Rhody kids like Tony Robertson traveled the country roads to Storrs.

This is why this thread is interesting.

UConn went from landing top 5 national kids like Corny Thompson to losing kids in its own backyard. Then the tide turned again.

Reaction Score
John Pinone, John Garris, Michael Adams, John Bagley, Charles Smith, Rod Foster, Tharon Mayes, Jordan Williams, Will Solomon, Jay Murphy, Vinny Baker, Chuck Aleksinas (went to Kentucky first), Vinny Del Negro, Mike Gminski, Rick Mahorn, Wes Matthews, Calvin Murphy, Harold Pressley, Tyson Wheeler, Sly Williams

John Williamson and Son

Reaction Score

Well some of the players listed could have given you more titles, All Americans, and lottery picks to think about, which some of us are having fun doing with this thread.

Reaction Score
just missed the cut for the U16 FIBA team. where exactly in CT is he from, I've heard West Haven, Meriden, and Waterbury all thrown around.

I think Meriden.........should have gone to Maloney

arch

Reaction Score
Wilky Gilmore to Colorado from New Canaan.
Billy Rado to Georgia from Naugatuck.
Stan Poole to Fairfield from Hartford school(?)
Michael Branch to Fairfield from Hartford(?)

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
So..Im depressed because i think Paschal Chukwu is going to Providence...which has me thinking what other homegrown talent have we let go on to play at schools other than Uconn

Kris Dunn

Dave McClure

Ricardo Ledo (pg)

Ryan Gomes

Kuran Iverson

Marcus Camby

No matter how you look at it keeping homegrown talent in state is important. We've let some great players cross the borders and i'm pissed we're letting another get away.

Who else has jumped ship on CT in the modern Husky era?
Wait, is there news on the Fairfield Prep kid or is this just intuition?

Reaction Score
Wilky Gilmore to Colorado from New Canaan.
Billy Rado to Georgia from Naugatuck.
Stan Poole to Fairfield from Hartford school(?)
Michael Branch to Fairfield from Hartford(?)

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Anthony "snake" Harris - Danbury
Martin and Malcolm Huckaby - Bristol Central

Reaction Score
Many of the players mentioned were not recruited because of academics. Some turned us down. Johnny Egan was a great player but could not get through admissions even with Hugh Greer speaking up for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom