Best Connecticut Players to not attend Uconn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Best Connecticut Players to not attend Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Throw Anthony Harris from Danbury (Syracuse/Hawaii) in there. He scored 3,000 points and was 2nd Team Parade All-America. I was at a game when Rick Pitino (then coach at Kentucky) came to see him play.

Reaction Score
You didn't seriously put Ryan Gomes on that list!!!!!

Do you want him to say he duck*ed up. He duck*ked up!;) Write it!

Back to the topic:

I can only think of Charles Smith and Calvin Murphy

Also, this one is not necessarily the best but had a good NBA career, Chris Dudley (Yale) born in Stamford, but went to HS in California.

Reaction Score
We never even considered recruiting him, but Vin Baker is from Old Saybrook. He played against my bro in high school and was a 6-7 170 pound center with no offensive game. Utterly shocked that same twig became an nba all-star.

Reaction Score
Nobody has mentioned Geary Claxton, who was a heck of a player at Penn State...an All-Big Ten player, if I recall. Likely would've been an NBA draft pick had it not been for a serious injury his SR year. Wasn't highly recruited out of high school - most major D1 programs wanted him to go to prep school.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Nobody has mentioned Geary Claxton, who was a heck of a player at Penn State...an All-Big Ten player, if I recall. Likely would've been an NBA draft pick had it not been for a serious injury his SR year. Wasn't highly recruited out of high school - most major D1 programs wanted him to go to prep school.

Went to middle school with him...never had any clue he was such a good basketball player until I was watching a Penn State game on ESPN and heard his name.

Reaction Score
Shamon Antrum - Washington State via JUCO - Mid 1990s. From New Haven. I believe he was a very good scorer & PG for them.

Reaction Score
Really wish Tyson Wheeler would have gone to Uconn. I remember watching him in high school... dam what a talent.

Reaction Score
Living out here in Az I get to watch the west coast ESPN games.
Waterbury's Anthony Ireland is a terrific little guy.
LMM was bad this year but he lead them on a nice run in their tourney before losing to the Zags.
I'm glad someone mentioned Adams from BC
Bszz reminded me of him when hr was s freshman

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I'm adding Joe Trapani from Madison. He was rock solid for BC a few years ago, after transferring from Vermont.
Also, Mike Trimboli from Norwalk. He was a star PG at Vermont, which made the NCAAs in the mid 2000's.

Reaction Score
Wilky Gilmore to Colorado from New Canaan.
Billy Rado to Georgia from Naugatuck.
Stan Poole to Fairfield from Hartford school(?)
Michael Branch to Fairfield from Hartford(?)
I worked with a Fairfield fan who got me to go to a game when they played. They also had a big who played with Alcinder at Power memorial
They had a very entertaining team. Probably the best in Ct that year.
Didn't. One of them die accidentally while in school and Fairfield never recovered.

Reaction Score
This one is pretty simple. If you are going to base it on college and pro success it is undoubtedly Super John Williamson or Calvin Murphy.

Reaction Score
Art Kenney was Alcindor's teammate. Also visited Storrs. Deceased player was Pat Burke of Hartford.

Reaction Score
Art Kenney was Alcindor's teammate. Also visited Storrs. Deceased player was Pat Burke of Hartford.
Thanks
Fairfield had a real Hartford Connection. UConn always had trouble recruiting that city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds