OT: - Best brunch buffets in CT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Best brunch buffets in CT

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Why specifically a buffet? Regular ol brunch spots will have much better food. Firebox has a really good brunch

Reaction Score
Dakota is good as far as location goes and the selection is decent. Also found a place down in Seymour called something like The 1794 House. Dakota sounds better. I may still go with a traditional dinner at an Italian restaurant. I know one run by a friend and one owned by extended family. It is a college graduation celebration and I thought the kids would like a buffet.
You better check if they do avocado toast wherever you go then.

Reaction Score
If I'm going out to eat the last thing I want is lukewarm food that's been sitting in a warming tray that other people have been serving themselves out of.
Yep and in the city the brunch crowd tends to be really douchey. Every Chad and Trixie goes out to get drunk off of mimosas and to photograph themselves. It's like white person hell.

Reaction Score
Why specifically a buffet? Regular ol brunch spots will have much better food. Firebox has a really good brunch
Rooster Co. too.

A9-BE178-D-7-AED-4-D74-B1-A6-B8119-A94-A579.png

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not a buffet, but The Half-Door does a nice brunch.

Reaction Score
The Water's Edge brunch buffet is unreal. That's the answer right there.

It is EXCELLENT. The kids will go crazy with all the deserts. The crepes with mixed berry filling top with white chocolate cooked to order! Yum! Eggs are also cooked to order. Been their many times only disappointed once! Many years ago.

QUOTE="Engineer90, post: 3147889, member: 9712"]
Dakota is good as far as location goes and the selection is decent. Also found a place down in Seymour called something like The 1794 House. Dakota sounds better. I may still go with a traditional dinner at an Italian restaurant. I know one run by a friend and one owned by extended family. It is a college graduation celebration and I thought the kids would like a buffet.
[/QUOTE]
We ate in the Dakota a number of years ago. Unimpressed and haven’t been back since.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think the answer we are seeing is that good brunch buffets are few and far between in CT. My parents love them and they are easy to find down in Florida. When they visit... we are pretty over the Dakota.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of big breakfasts/brunches. If I eat that much in the morning, I'm shot for the rest of the day. Give me a small bowl of oatmeal and some fruit and I'm happy.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Worth every penny. Objectively better than Water’s edge.
In fairness, I’ve never been to breakfast or brunch there. I was just riffing off the experiences of friends who have. I have been for dinner, lunch and events since the rebuild and thought it was fine if a bit pricey, but mostly just miss the Wharf, which we frequented and loved. I think the new place is too big for its britches.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Might be helpful. Big brother just posted this to my Facebook feed.

Reaction Score
In fairness, I’ve never been to breakfast or brunch there. I was just riffing off the experiences of friends who have. I have been for dinner, lunch and events since the rebuild and thought it was fine if a bit pricey, but mostly just miss the Wharf, which we frequented and loved. I think the new place is too big for its britches.

The brunch is pricey, for sure. I'm not huge on the restaurant as a dinner destination, even though its reputation for being overpriced isn't deserved (entrees are $25-30). I just find the menu uninteresting and the service so-so.

Mother's Day is really the only time we do brunch. We've tried locations all over the state -- Mill on the River, Water's Edge, Leon's (when it was on the water in New Haven), Avon Old Farms. Every time we found a spot, it seemed that the quality went down year after year. This hasn't happened at MBH six years in, and that's why we're willing to pay a bit more to keep going back.

It beats the moldy lemons at Waters' Edge . . .

Reaction Score
Vue 24 Brunch at Foxwoods. Good and it costs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom