Best Bad Movies | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best Bad Movies

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A recent movie, definitely panned by critics--Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. Visually stunning, great set up the first 5-10 minutes. Plot maybe a bit incoherent, lead actors aren't great, but it's entertaining, not nearly as bad as the critics would have you believe. I predict in a few years this will be in heavy rotation on cable tv--TNT, TBS, FX, Sci Fi, channels like that.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I have never seen "The Room". It looks incredible.

Now you can watch it as a double feature w/ the new James Franco movie "The Disaster Artist" that is about the making of "The Room." Franco plays the director/lead actor.

Reaction Score
Zoolander is one of the great comedies of all time, and Dodgeball was funny.
I actually quite liked Reign of Fire.

As for actual bad movies that are great:
Evil Dead series
Flash Gordon
Conan
Highlander
All the “Blade” movies
All the “Underworld” movies.

Conan the Destroyer is certainly cheap trash, but I find it more than watchable. It is a real hoot, especially with the casting of Grace Jones and Wilt Chamberlain.

Flash Gordon is a movie with tongue firmly inserted in its cheek, and not all that bad at all. Together with its Queen soundtrack, it is over the top fun if you can get into it.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
"Up In Smoke". I just stumbled upon it and have never seen it before. Wow!!

Hysterical...yet horrible.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Rock Star

Three o'clock High

Rock Star is terrible, and really should have ended the career of everyone in it. The ending is the writing equivalent of hurling feces at the audience. That said, big stars (Wahlberg, Aniston, Olyphant, West), big budget. It definitely qualifies.

I am going to DVR it next time I see it on the cable Guide.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Two really awful movies that star huge actors: 88 Minutes, and Nick of Time. 88 Minutes stars Pacino, and it is far and away the worst acting job I've ever seen from him. It's like he didn't even try. Nick of Time stars Johnny Depp and Christopher Walken and is equally terrible. Both are thrillers, but I spent most of both movies laughing. I saw Nick of Time on some random movie network a few months ago and had to sit down and watch the whole thing, it's so bad it's good.

Reaction Score
Two really awful movies that star huge actors: 88 Minutes, and Nick of Time. 88 Minutes stars Pacino, and it is far and away the worst acting job I've ever seen from him. It's like he didn't even try. Nick of Time stars Johnny Depp and Christopher Walken and is equally terrible. Both are thrillers, but I spent most of both movies laughing. I saw Nick of Time on some random movie network a few months ago and had to sit down and watch the whole thing, it's so bad it's good.
Gonna go with another movie that's time centric in the title: 15 Minutes This time with De Niro as the lead. Not great by any means, but the performances by the two foreign maniacs trying to get their "15 minutes of fame" by committing increasingly horrid acts of violence in NYC was at times funny and compelling.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hudson Hawk should be #1 on this list. It is so outrageously stupid, it's become great comedy over time.

Ishtar might've worked if someone other than Dustin Hoffman was a lead. Beatty played his role well. Hoffman was too self-aware and just doesn't have comic timing or delivery, or didn't at that time. He was better in Wag the Dog.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We've done this before. The best bad movie of all time is

Reaction Score
Outbreak- big names including Dustin Hoffman, Morgan Freeman, Cuba Gooding, Donald Sutherland. Rene Russo as Hoffman's ex-wife. Had it "all"....Hoffman as a 5'5" military doc "tough guy", him and Gooding cruising California in a helicopter looking for a monkey to be able to save the world, Sutherland as of course, the repulsive bad guy.

All that said...kinda liked it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Outbreak- big names including Dustin Hoffman, Morgan Freeman, Cuba Gooding, Donald Sutherland. Rene Russo as Hoffman's ex-wife. Had it "all"....Hoffman as a 5'5" military doc "tough guy", him and Gooding cruising California in a helicopter looking for a monkey to be able to save the world, Sutherland as of course, the repulsive bad guy.

All that said...kinda liked it.

I don't think Outbreak is nearly bad enough to qualify. It is a dull, by the numbers, forgettable, pseudo tech thriller, but it is not a truly bad movie.

Reaction Score

88 Minutes is hilariously bad, definitely a good watch.

Any "How Did This Get Made?" listeners here? A hilarious podcast about making fun of bad movies. After getting into that and watching a lot of the movies, I'll throw up Gooby, a weird kids movie that was hilariously bad, and Tiptoes which stars Matthew McConoughey and Gary Oldman as twin brothers, but Oldman happens to be a little person.

I used to work in a video store in my college years and would seek out the bad movie gems, if you can find "Boa vs Python" for a night with some beers and some buds, its fantastically bad like The Room. So many awful lines, plot lines that make no sense, and classic B movie stuff like a young couple about to screw in a parked car in the woods. Giant snake eats the guy who is about to go down on a girl, and then the snake starts going down on the girl who is of course delighted until she's eaten alive. A news reporter is trying to call someone on his cell phone and can't get a signal and says to himself "jesus, what am I paying these people $240 a month for!?", a woman with a giant snake tattoo on her back gets angry at her boyfriend for pranking her with a fake snake: "come on, you know I hate snakes!!"

Reaction Score
Does "Batteries Not Included" count as bad or merely mediocre? Either way I enjoyed it more than the average bear.

Reaction Score
Strange Brew w/ the McKenzie Brothers.

In retrospect, pretty horrible. But it's also quite hilarious.

Epic cameo by Max Von Sydlow as the evil brewmeister.

Reaction Score
I have never seen "The Room". It looks incredible.

My best bad movie is Ishtar.
It was bad on so many levels but I enjoyed it...."Pearl Harbor". Actually should have waited until tomorrow to post this.

Reaction Score
88 Minutes is hilariously bad, definitely a good watch.

Any "How Did This Get Made?" listeners here? A hilarious podcast about making fun of bad movies. After getting into that and watching a lot of the movies, I'll throw up Gooby, a weird kids movie that was hilariously bad, and Tiptoes which stars Matthew McConoughey and Gary Oldman as twin brothers, but Oldman happens to be a little person.

I used to work in a video store in my college years and would seek out the bad movie gems, if you can find "Boa vs Python" for a night with some beers and some buds, its fantastically bad like The Room. So many awful lines, plot lines that make no sense, and classic B movie stuff like a young couple about to screw in a parked car in the woods. Giant snake eats the guy who is about to go down on a girl, and then the snake starts going down on the girl who is of course delighted until she's eaten alive. A news reporter is trying to call someone on his cell phone and can't get a signal and says to himself "jesus, what am I paying these people $240 a month for!?", a woman with a giant snake tattoo on her back gets angry at her boyfriend for pranking her with a fake snake: "come on, you know I hate snakes!!"
Yea that's a quality podcast, those 3 are pretty funny together. Recently listened to the one on the Garbage Pail Kids movie. That's probably a contender for this thread too, but I've never seen it.

Reaction Score
Yea that's a quality podcast, those 3 are pretty funny together. Recently listened to the one on the Garbage Pail Kids movie. That's probably a contender for this thread too, but I've never seen it.
YES, garbage pail kids was insane and hilarious

Sleepaway Camp is another that just came to mind. It has that aspect you need in a bad movie where some plots are just too insane to believe someone dreamed them up.

Birdemic as well, but as a warning it looks like it was recorded on someone's handicam

I tend to mostly listen to episodes where I know the movie or can find it to watch online, and havent listened to any lately so they've all faded into the mush of my brain

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
I like Sandra but this is just awful.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The Hollywood Knights
One-Eyed Monster

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How about any of the Riddick movies w/ Vin Diesel? I can't count how many times I've watched parts of them while flipping thru channels on TV.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Papparazzi. Saw it in a theatre, haven't seen it on air in ages, but it's pretty awful all around yet quite satisfying. Have had a thing for Robin Tunney since.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom