Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT? | The Boneyard

Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT?

Reaction Score
Uncle's Deli - Darien. But, I'll make sure Country Cow is on the list next time I'm in the area.

Reaction Score
I dont live in CT anymore nor did I ever tour the state searching for the perfect breakfast sangwich, but there was a nice bakery in Wallingford, Fran's Bakery that made amazing breakfast sandwiches. I think they bought the recipe from a NY bakery that was closing down they knew the owners of, and sadly I think Fran's is now no more

but shout out to Fran's! HEYOOOOO, hangover cure

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
@Husky25 knows - we lost our Snack Shack on rt 66

It was a sad day.

Tim's Bistro in Colchester received just as much of my morning business even before the Route 66 Snack Shack was bulldozed. I haven't been there (Tim's) regularly since I started my latest weight reduction journey, but it is still very good.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
OMG. Yes, it's Country Cow. I don't see why breakfast sandwiches would be better place to place, but Country Cow's are the best that I have had.

this is about the right take. I love country cow and stop there frequently on my trips into the city. Its real, real good and the best Ive had. But there are plenty of other places that make them just about as perfect too. There are a couple markers that separate the real good ones from the pretenders but the distance isnt far if you get a couple basic things right.

Country cow's poppy rolls that are flattened are what separates them. And they properly break the yolk to spread it all the way across the egg. Other than that its just about the quality and proper crispness of the bacon.

Hard to screw up if just a modicum of attention to detail is paid and quality ingredients are used. I make one every bit as good as country cow.

BEC with hot sauce is Adubs Breakfast about 4-5 times a week.

Reaction Score
Live in NY city now, but grew up in ffld county and have eaten becs From all over. Nothing has even come close to Country Cow. I actually think about it quite often how they get that buttery awesomeness taste. Sounds crazy but one of the best things I’ve ever eaten.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It was a sad day.

Tim's Bistro in Colchester received just as much of my morning business even before the Route 66 Snack Shack was bulldozed. I haven't been there (Tim's) regularly since I started my latest weight reduction journey, but it is still very good.

I happened to go there two months ago for the first time. Was good.

Essentially anyone who can toast sourdough and crack and egg should be able to figure this out.

Easier than a lobster roll.

Reaction Score
Quick question... does anyone know what a hard roll is? Just wondering.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
An egg sandwich eaten by anyone but me is the best. I don’t like eggs.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Quick question... does anyone know what a hard roll is? Just wondering.
What passes for a hard roll these days is a joke. Any decent sized sandwich roll gets labeled as a hard roll A real hard roll is actually soft inside but has a very brittle crust that crumbles all over your lap when you take a bite. Very good and I don’t know of anyplace in CT that has real ones anymore.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What? Do you think we live in Haddam?

I was going to go to my usual East of the River diabtribe about the barren cultural wasteland it is out there across the mighty Connecticut, but remembered I no longer can do that. Yikes.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I happened to go there two months ago for the first time. Was good.

Essentially anyone who can toast sourdough and crack and egg should be able to figure this out.

Easier than a lobster roll.
Much like pizza, there is obviously a certain je ne sais quoi about a mom & pop that will always give them an advantage over a Brueggers or Panera, let alone a Dunks. To that end, the sandwich from Eggs Up Grill on Rte. 66 in Portland is solid. Nothing overly special, but exactly what you'd expect for a good price.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom