Beruuuuube (so close!) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Beruuuuube (so close!)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Carla know how to get the most from her players:

Berube brings a long history of success as both a player and coach to Princeton. She won exactly 80 percent of her games with the [Tufts] Jumbos, going 384-96 in 17 seasons while reaching the NCAA Division III final twice, the Final Four four times and the Sweet 16 nine times, including each of the last eight. In her last seven seasons at Tufts, her record was 197-24, with a winning percentage of .891 during those years.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UConn dodging a bullet, that the game was last year.

Reaction Score
Would love for her to become coach here at some point!
Carla is a great coach. She would move to a totally different universe @ UConn though. Geno remarked how quiet she was in Storrs; in succeeding him, she'd have a much, much more visible public profile. If it were only X's and O's, she'd be perfect. Recruiting will also be huge part of the job and that would be a big change for her too. (Do Ivy schools even allow scholarships or are they big on NILs?) She's probably got a job for life @ Princeton.

Reaction Score
For me, the clear leader in the clubhouse, among the many auspicious options, whenever coach and CD call time on their careers.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Carla is a great coach. She would move to a totally different universe @ UConn though. Geno remarked how quiet she was in Storrs; in succeeding him, she'd have a much, much more visible public profile. If it were only X's and O's, she'd be perfect. Recruiting will also be huge part of the job and that would be a big change for her too. (Do Ivy schools even allow scholarships or are they big on NILs?) She's probably got a job for life @ Princeton.
I went to the 2016 Final Four in Indianapolis (Stewie’s fourth championship). That year, the Division III Final Four was also played there and I watched Carla in the title game. She is much more animated, prowling the sidelines, and working the refs.

I interviewed her 9 years ago and this is what she said about her coaching style:

“I’m a product of my environment. As a coach, I’ve taken things from a lot of people, from teammates like Jen, Jamelle and Rebecca as well as Coach Dailey and Coach Auriemma. People who knew me at UConn probably wouldn’t recognize me when I coach,” she laughs. “I’m intense, demanding, sometimes sarcastic and a lot more vocal than the UConn fans might remember. We play a little like UConn; we like to run and play defense.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom