Benedict vs South Carolina Exhibition Game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Benedict vs South Carolina Exhibition Game

Reaction Score
These posts make silly putty look serious. When UCONN plays their exhibition game against Sister Mary’s School for Wayward Girls or whoever it is, their will be a plethora of comments about how amazing some players looked. Taking meaningless gibberish to a new level. What we need is coaches to schedule exhibition games against quality opposition who aren’t on their schedule. Then we can rate performances. Till then…..Liv will block shots and make layups and all will be peachy on this board.
I think if you cared to take the time you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who gets excited over exhibition games. Usually more time is spent on parsing the reasons they happen at all and it always comes down to what these things always come down to, money. Oh, and a little exposure smaller market teams have a hard time getting. It's expected to be a blowout and taking anything away from it other than it's nice the season has finally returned is considered poor form.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I love the fact that....if Cardoso had chosen UCONN she would be an unstoppable force but since she chose the Gamecocks she is just "Ok"...lol...much biased ? I get it...but you have to see this from a neutral set of eyes to really get it.....I lived in Irmo SC for a few years and I am not a true Gamecock fan, I did follow them because they were local at the time.
lol bro I've said this many times before, ppl forget the receipts. I remember when she was following Uconn players, the excitement and thrill people that posted because she was coming to Uconn. Now it's "dorka is better" (she's not) "she wasn't good in the ncaa tournament" ( her head coach was a bully) and anything to belittle her for not picking Uconn.

Reaction Score
These posts make silly putty look serious. When UCONN plays their exhibition game against Sister Mary’s School for Wayward Girls or whoever it is, their will be a plethora of comments about how amazing some players looked. Taking meaningless gibberish to a new level. What we need is coaches to schedule exhibition games against quality opposition who aren’t on their schedule. Then we can rate performances. Till then…..Liv will block shots and make layups and all will be peachy on this board.

I decided to check for myself. Just to be clear, you know? Since we were being lectured for not getting too excited about CT fans talking about our exhibition game and starting a - "A" - thread about it, you know?

The most recent exhibition game I could find that CT played was against Vanguard, on Nov. 4th, 2018. Does CT even play exhibition games anymore? I mean, at the START of their seasons?

Anyhow, here's the threads started about their 2018 exhibition against Vanguard:

Compare this to the threads started by SC fans for their 2021 exhibition game with Benedict:

So that's one (1) thread started by a CT fan, and a bucket thread for ALL non-Connecticut WBB exhibition games. If there were any other exhibition games that Connecticut played in after this one for the 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons, let me know and I'll see if I can link any threads started for THOSE games. Just so that we're "clear"...... :)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't see any Cardosa hate in this thread.
I said board not thread. And I would say anything calling her less than a force is "hating on" based on the way the kids talk today.

Reaction Score
Every time I watched Cardoso last season she was smiling and looked happy. That was one of the things that made me enjoy watching her play. I believe she is going to be really good. Her playing well in an exhibition game against that competition is to be expected. If she played poorly it would be cause for concern.
The only problem she had last year was not getting the ball enough.

Reaction Score
lol bro I've said this many times before, ppl forget the receipts. I remember when she was following Uconn players, the excitement and thrill people that posted because she was coming to Uconn. Now it's "dorka is better" (she's not) "she wasn't good in the ncaa tournament" ( her head coach was a bully) and anything to belittle her for not picking Uconn.

I'm excited about the season and very interested in what UConn and Stanford and others are doing, but I can't say I'm scanning the UConn beat for bulletin board material (or really at all). Unless you count reading espn.

Personally I saw Diamond had a nice exhibition for NC State and thought: yeah that's what I was expecting - she'll be great).

Reaction Score
I'm excited about the season and very interested in what UConn and Stanford and others are doing, but I can't say I'm scanning the UConn beat for bulletin board material (or really at all). Unless you count reading espn.

Personally I saw Diamond had a nice exhibition for NC State and thought: yeah that's what I was expecting - she'll be great).

Diamond did do very well: she scored 18 pts. NC State's leading scorers for that game scored 18, 12, 12, and 11 points. Remind you of anyone?? :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom