Benedict Record | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Benedict Record

Reaction Score
It’s 2021 and apparently we still have people here who need it explained to them football moves the bus.
Out of curiosity, if over the next 10 years you had to choose between 2 Mens basketball national championships or football finishing with a winning record every one of those years which would you chose?

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, if over the next 10 years you had to choose between 2 Mens basketball national championships or football finishing with a winning record every one of those years which would you chose?
Doesn’t matter what I want. We have 4 men’s basketball championships on the wall and it meant nothing in conference realignment. Maybe we should have tried investing and hiring good coaches to be respectable in football.

Reaction Score
It’s 2021 and apparently we still have people here who need it explained to them football moves the bus.
Exactly why he convinced UConn to stop being cheap… and the basketball team has won 4 national championships he did his job to save it.

Reaction Score
Dave hired Hurley, hired Cavanaugh, got a new baseball stadium and hockey rink, funded the student athlete center, but being strong armed into hiring edsall by the BoT means he's the worst AD of all time. The BoT is the reason the school is I'm the predicament it is in. If they had any love outside of their pockets, TomKat would still be president and edsall wouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t matter what I want. We have 4 men’s basketball championships on the wall and it meant nothing in conference realignment. Maybe we should have tried investing and hiring good coaches to be respectable in footbal
This is a cop out answer. I'm genuinely curious as to your mindset. The championships or the winning records?

Reaction Score
Dave hired Hurley, hired Cavanaugh, got a new baseball stadium and hockey rink, funded the student athlete center, but being strong armed into hiring edsall by the BoT means he's the worst AD of all time. The BoT is the reason the school is I'm the predicament it is in. If they had any love outside of their pockets, TomKat would still be president and edsall wouldn't have been hired in the first place.
I think Warde and his goons are trolling. All the money he made here and did nothing wasn’t enough.

Reaction Score
This is a cop out answer. I'm genuinely curious as to your mindset. The championships or the winning records?
Because it’s a stupid question. I want as many strong UConn teams as possible. There is no reason you need to choose between winning championships in men’s basketball and not being a steaming pile of turd in football. You can win championships in basketball and have a winning record in football.

Reaction Score
Because it’s a stupid question. I want as many strong UConn teams as possible. There is no reason you need to choose between winning championships in men’s basketball and not being a steaming pile of turd in football. You can win championships in basketball and have a winning record in football.
Fair answer. I agree.

Reaction Score
A 9-45 Record!?! Fire Dave Benedict RIGHT NOW!

Benedict is the supposed leader of the UConn Athletic Department. He's responsible for seeing to it that our football team is a winner & that it is healthy, moving forward & making money!

Yet Dave Benedict kept rehiring Randy 'Edsel.' Incompetence!!

Is ANYONE else here happy that OUR Alma Mater is the ALL-TIME WORST & LOWEST-RANKED FOOTBALL TEAM IN DIV I COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY?!? NOT ME! Year after year! That's on DB.

How 'bout the almost universal lack of individual & team effort on the field today!? NOT ME! DB, where were you?

DB's 9-45 Football Record during his tenure?!! NOT ME! No other Div I school would tolerate such incompetence & lack of performance!

And now, losing today to rival UMESS, the second worst team in the nation. NOT ME!

It's all on Dave Benedict - the 'Benedict Arnold' of UConn Huskie Football! He's sabotaged it for over a decade with his incompetence! Fire DB's A** Right Now!

We need an active & positive AD to take over now, one who loves & protects UConn football & UConn's national prestige & image! (Now, it's a joke & a punchline!) Someone with more tough love, involvement, strong leadership & national coaching contacts. One who will not tolerate losing & losing coaches in any sport!

If I were the UConn AD, & saw the almost universal lack of effort on the field today? I would have been on that sideline at McGurk, getting in some faces, & doing a "heart" check for REAL HUSKIES! Wouldn't You?

9-45! Fire Dave Benedict NOW!

I'm Pissed!

Reaction Score
A 9-45 Record!?! Fire Dave Benedict RIGHT NOW!

Benedict is the supposed leader of the UConn Athletic Department. He's responsible for seeing to it that our football team is a winner & that it is healthy, moving forward & making money!

Yet Dave Benedict kept rehiring Randy 'Edsel.' Incompetence!!

Is ANYONE else here happy that OUR Alma Mater is the ALL-TIME WORST & LOWEST-RANKED FOOTBALL TEAM IN DIV I COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY?!? NOT ME! Year after year! That's on DB.

How 'bout the almost universal lack of individual & team effort on the field today!? NOT ME! DB, where were you?

DB's 9-45 Football Record during his tenure?!! NOT ME! No other Div I school would tolerate such incompetence & lack of performance!

And now, losing today to rival UMESS, the second worst team in the nation. NOT ME!

It's all on Dave Benedict - the 'Benedict Arnold' of UConn Huskie Football! He's sabotaged it for over a decade with his incompetence! Fire DB's A** Right Now!

We need an active & positive AD to take over now, one who loves & protects UConn football & UConn's national prestige & image! (Now, it's a joke & a punchline!) Someone with more tough love, involvement, strong leadership & national coaching contacts. One who will not tolerate losing & losing coaches in any sport!

If I were the UConn AD, & saw the almost universal lack of effort on the field today? I would have been on that sideline at McGurk, getting in some faces, & doing a "heart" check for REAL HUSKIES! Wouldn't You?

9-45! Fire Dave Benedict NOW!

I'm Pissed!
Bro there’s no real arguments here. this post is weak and it sounds like you’re having a nervous breakdown. Just take it easy. A new hire is coming and you’ll be praising Dave.

Reaction Score
DB is a db
He is not the football guy he has claimed
He will never AD at any reputable P5 school
Time to clean house in the Athletic Dept
And don't give me that "he hired DH" crap. DH was handed to him by JC and DH better win some tourney games this year
Pitt wanted DH

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
DB is a db
And don't give me that "he hired DH" crap. DH was handed to him by JC and DH better win some tourney games this year
He better win some tourney games lol!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Doesn’t matter what I want. We have 4 men’s basketball championships on the wall and it meant nothing in conference realignment. Maybe we should have tried investing and hiring good coaches to be respectable in football.
So your position is the reason why we’ve been screwed over in conference realignment is because of the lack of football success after we were screwed over in conference realignment?

Blown Away Wow GIF by Aminé

Reaction Score
the only people who are emotionally blind here are the Benedict brigade. This guy has been here since 2016 and the program is at an all time low and inventing ways to humiliate themselves.

amazing how it is never his fault. He has the best job in America. Failed miserably at the most important sport and he always has his fans spinning and evading all responsibility from falling on his shoulders. Nice gig.
You're an idiot.

Reaction Score

He didn't hire Cavanaugh. Cav was hired in 2013. Interesting to see some of those throwing around the term idiot threw this a like though.

He deserves credit for the new facilities. For Hurley. For the Big East.

He deserves some blame for the humiliating football program. Not all. Why this is a controversial take tells you all you need to know about how this program get's in these messes in the first place.

Reaction Score
If he had an ounce of integrity or guts, he would have addressed the media after the game today.
This I have to agree with. As a leader you get out in front of the fire, take the hits and responsibility and explain what you will do about it. He always has been a hider which is not what a good leader does.

Reaction Score
DB is a db

If David Benedict is a "football guy," doesn't that beg questions about how he didn't see this coming???

Does Benedict not go to practices??

Does Benedict not know what a good team looks like??

If Benedict was really a "football guy" he would have done a TON more to support this team. He's turned a blind eye to it imo. It can't get this bad without "a football guy" knowing the team would win the booby prize of WORST TEAM IN FBS!!

Benedict has done a lot more to kill this team, besides supervising the Edsall hire with that stupid incentive contract he made up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom