BEHIND THE SCENES (PART II): Edsall Opens Up On Program In Two-Part Series | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BEHIND THE SCENES (PART II): Edsall Opens Up On Program In Two-Part Series

Reaction Score
I’m with you.

I believe she pays lip service to athletics. I believe that she either does not care about the results or believes that a weakened athletic program is an overall positive for the university.

That she doesn’t tell people she is trying to extract money from these things doesn’t surprise me.
It always kills me that I see people on this board kill and even blame Aresco for our predicament. The blame, if there is any to be assigned, should lie closer to home. If anything, the league Aresco put together is "too tough for us".

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It always kills me that I see people on this board kill and even blame Aresco for our predicament. The blame, if there is any to be assigned, should lie closer to home. If anything, the league Aresco put together is "too tough for us".

The only thing I blame Aresco for is Tulane and Tulsa. Well and people running around with P6 flags.

Reaction Score
The only thing I blame Aresco for is Tulane and Tulsa. Well and people running around with P6 flags.
You've been consistent with that. The p6, doesn't bother me. What I'm talking about is people blaming him for the paltry tv payout.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Susan killed quality of life for UConn students. She took away spring weekend. That was enough for me to never donate to the school until she's gone.
???? That's a weird reason to not donate.

Reaction Score
???? That's a weird reason to not donate.
she killed the only tradition UConn had. Locked down the campus dorms. Banned guests from other dorms or people from outside of campus.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
she killed the only tradition UConn had. Locked down the campus dorms. Banned guests from other dorms or people from outside of campus.

Didn't she also give non-STEM majors teh sads??

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I’m hopeful that Susan is not an idiot. To keep growing UConn, she needs funds to do it. Engaged alumni donate. The biggest connection alumni feel towards UConn is via athletics.

Note: I didn’t think Diaco could possibly be so dumb and we saw how that turned out, so...

Reaction Score
I’m with you.

I believe she pays lip service to athletics. I believe that she either does not care about the results or believes that a weakened athletic program is an overall positive for the university.

That she doesn’t tell people she is trying to extract money from these things doesn’t surprise me.
The more I think of this, it's one thing to pay lip service to athletics by calling them the front porch of the university, it's another to have a plan in place you're able to execute. She sorta exposed her hand when she publicly questioned if it was s good idea to put kids on a bus to Ames Iowa way back when CR started. She was caught totally flat footed.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
The more I think of this, it's one thing to pay lip service to athletics by calling them the front porch of the university, it's another to have a plan in place you're able to execute. She sorta exposed her hand when she publicly questioned if it was s good idea to put kids on a bus to Ames Iowa way back when CR started. She was caught totally flat footed.
Those are things any school president would say / do. Herbst positioned UConn as well as was possible when the Big 12 non-expansion happened. Zero issue with her approach.

Reaction Score
Those are things any school president would say / do. Herbst positioned UConn as well as was possible when the Big 12 non-expansion happened. Zero issue with her approach.
??? If she really thought it was wise to question putting kids on a bus to Ames, she didn't have a vision for what was coming. Thay she put forth a great presentation when left with hat in hand is if little solace to me as a fan.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
??? If she really thought it was wise to question putting kids on a bus to Ames, she didn't have a vision for what was coming. Thay she put forth a great presentation when left with hat in hand is if little solace to me as a fan.
This is a bad faith interpretation. Go back and read her quotes over the years. She was highly aware of the landscape, knew UConn's strengths in athletics, TV markets, etc.

Reaction Score
This is a bad faith interpretation. Go back and read her quotes over the years. She was highly aware of the landscape, knew UConn's strengths in athletics, TV markets, etc.

We've come full circle. You are what your record says you are. I'm okay with that. People that know better than me say she's been great for the university. Athletics are inarguably in worst spot since she came here.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We've come full circle. You are what your record says you are. I'm okay with that. People that know better than me say she's been great for the university. Athletics are inarguably in worst spot since she came here.

Here's what everyone on all sides of the issue fails to understand...

She's not getting fired for athletics. Nor does the operation of the university revolve solely around athletics.

It may be easier and more gratifying for we the fans if it did. But it doesn't.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

She's not getting fired for athletics. Nor does the operation of the university revolve solely around athletics.

Not one person fails to understand this.

It doesn’t put out the tire fire in the athletic department.

Reaction Score

Whoa. No one remotely thinks she's getting fired.

The teams I root for habe gotten exponentially worse on her watch.

State money for the university is gonna slow down quite a bit.

Reaction Score

#1 rule in job securit, regardless of where you work........know what can get you fired

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom