BEHIND THE SCENES (PART II): Edsall Opens Up On Program In Two-Part Series | The Boneyard

BEHIND THE SCENES (PART II): Edsall Opens Up On Program In Two-Part Series

Reaction Score
One thing that's cool with Edsall this time around is he swings a much bigger hammer. He is saying we need to drop ticket prices and go back to the block C in the media. He isn't taking the company line. He's just saying it like it is. He seems to be very positive about everything this time around but also completely willing to discuss change.

Kyle Muncy is comfortable too. He fearlessly threw Warde under the bus in that article. AD Dave is letting them do what they need to do.

Reaction Score
I think Edsall is just what we need at this point. He’s a builder and he does it by establishing a value base and process that he expects everyone to follow. That probably doesn’t work nowadays at the football factories, but at UCONN it will given time. He knows the game and how to manage a program.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I didn’t think it was a secret those helmets were inspired by Michigan’s front facing wolverine logo.

Reaction Score
Edsall seems extremely confident about being able to recruit and develop talent as he did during his last stint.

What I find so disheartening is that the two previous regimes so neglected S&C.

Reaction Score
Careful. You can't say that here.
The hard-on people have for her is inexplicable. She doesn't stand up for her students at all and she's botched athletics since she's been here.

Reaction Score
The hard-on people have for her is inexplicable. She doesn't stand up for her students at all and she's botched athletics since she's been here.
I don't know enough of the whole scope of what She does to have a valid opinion. She got out maneuvered by Jurich and UL. It hurts no less going on 6 years later. The AD is in shambles.

Reaction Score
I don't know enough of the whole scope of what She does to have a valid opinion. She got out maneuvered by Jurich and UL. It hurts no less going on 6 years later. The AD is in shambles.
Susan killed quality of life for UConn students. She took away spring weekend. That was enough for me to never donate to the school until she's gone.

Reaction Score
I know the students don’t like her much but the board loves her. My view is she is fine but nothing more. And I agree she is clueless about athletics. She isn’t solely to blame for Warde though. That was also the Bd of Trustees who believed he would get the APR penalty lifted because he was the NCAA’s guy for that.

Reaction Score
Yea she got out maneuvered by Jurich and the Ville. Nothing to do with FSU and Clemson and the FB cartel wanting Ville vs UConn. Nothing to do with BC behind the scenes saying no. If only she and Ward went on an ACC Barnstorming tour instead of the USVI Tournament all would be well. Dream On.

Reaction Score
Yea she got out maneuvered by Jurich and the Ville. Nothing to do with FSU and Clemson and the FB cartel wanting Ville vs UConn. Nothing to do with BC behind the scenes saying no. If only she and Ward went on an ACC Barnstorming tour instead of the USVI Tournament all would be well. Dream On.
Whatever. At this point all I know is the 2 major sports are a shadow of what they were when she got here. Attendance is in the gd crapper and things are not getting better no time soon. Dream about that.

Reaction Score
It doesn't surprise me that this thread is filled with so many wrong facts and crazy posts, given the posters making them. Under Herbst's watch, UConn has rocketed up the rankings and made so many big changes. And as for the rockstar (I'm not a fan of his either) this is some kind of bad info about him designing the helmet because people here seem to have forgotten the long articles about the guy who actually designed the helmet (a Nike emplyee) who gave the quote to the newspapers about how the design changed a little bit so that the profile was streamlined with diverging lines instead of being kept whole (as he designed it).

Facts:

1. That helmet was designed by a Nike employee.
2. Herbst has vastly improved UConn's standing.

Reaction Score
None of it matters.

Pasqualoni said all the right things. Then he ignored what he said and stunk up the joint.
Diaco said all the right things. Then he demonstrated he was in over his head.
Every time a new S&C coach comes in everyone thinks it's the second coming. And the players numbers get worse.
The new design stuff looks like it was done by back benchers. That includes the "new" Husky.

I'm from Missouri. Show me. Show me one the field.
Edsall took a decent defense and made it into the worst defense in the FBS division.
I'm not interested in anything he says.

Reaction Score
Rockstar?

I still believe he and Sue cost us the ACC spot.
Because they weren’t as devious as Jurich? Nah, that helped UL, but what really helped was their FB and BB success at the time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom