BEHIND THE SCENES (PART II): Edsall Opens Up On Program In Two-Part Series | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BEHIND THE SCENES (PART II): Edsall Opens Up On Program In Two-Part Series

Reaction Score
None of it matters.

Pasqualoni said all the right things. Then he ignored what he said and stunk up the joint.
Diaco said all the right things. Then he demonstrated he was in over his head.
Every time a new S&C coach comes in everyone thinks it's the second coming. And the players numbers get worse.
The new design stuff looks like it was done by back benchers. That includes the "new" Husky.

I'm from Missouri. Show me. Show me one the field.
Edsall took a decent defense and made it into the worst defense in the FBS division.
I'm not interested in anything he says.
When people talk about "bad fans" you are actually one. You don't know anything about the sports you comment on and you're a terrible person

Reaction Score
Because they weren’t as devious as Jurich? Nah, that helped UL, but what really helped was their FB and BB success at the time.
we weren't doing too bad ourselves at the time. Doesn't matter anymore anyway. We are winners who like to win.

Reaction Score
Much of the upswing was underway long before Herbst. She has continued the momentum for which she should get and mostly has gotten praise. But she is not popular with the students. Considered too corporate. I’m not saying that is right or wrong. But that is the view. As far as athletics goes she is far from an expert and she has been saddled with 2 awful ADs until finally landing AD Dave. In that sense she probably shares the view of most D1 presidents who wish it would all go away or at worst all become d3. Warde however was a total waste in his job. And the bs about Clemson and FSU threatening to leave the ACC over us has been debunked a number of times. Susan who really didn’t get it and Warde who didn’t know what to do we’re totally played by Louisville.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
None of it matters.

Pasqualoni said all the right things. Then he ignored what he said and stunk up the joint.
Diaco said all the right things. Then he demonstrated he was in over his head.
Every time a new S&C coach comes in everyone thinks it's the second coming. And the players numbers get worse.
The new design stuff looks like it was done by back benchers. That includes the "new" Husky.

I'm from Missouri. Show me. Show me one the field.
Edsall took a decent defense and made it into the worst defense in the FBS division.
I'm not interested in anything he says.

What does being from Missouri have to do with any of that lol

Reaction Score
I don't know enough of the whole scope of what She does to have a valid opinion. She got out maneuvered by Jurich and UL. It hurts no less going on 6 years later. The AD is in shambles.
I think now that facts are out, I don't think its fair to suggest Uconn was outmaneuvered. UofL saw the line in the sand and had no problem crossing over it. They had an agenda to get into P5 and would do anything to get there.
The YUM center was a sham, the revenue reported from their activities was a sham, and now we have clarity as to how Pitino and Jurich operated with recruits.
Yes, it suck that UofL is still in P5 at the end of the day. But anyone that would be happy with Uconn taking the same route as the face of CT needs to question their moral compass. I think Uconn saw the line in the sand, and said we aren't crossing it.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Look who is talking. You don't even understand the difference between a fact and an opinion. I posted a fact.
I understand the difference quite well, it seems you are the one that has trouble with that distinction.

UConn’s team defense in 2017 was significantly worse than in 2016. That is an example of a fact.

You continue to remain painfully ignorant as to why.

Not my job to fix that for you.

Reaction Score
As we approach 2018 I can say I’m happy Edsall is here. I love the new Jonathan logo. I have high hopes for the Huskies in 2018. I actually see a bowl game as a distinct possibility. I’m not sold on the 3-3-5 or on Crocker. Last but not least, I love the Boneyard and respect everyone’s opinions—even Palatine’s!
Happy New Year to all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Look who is talking. You don't even understand the difference between a fact and an opinion. I posted a fact.

You posted what you think was a fact because you aren't bright enough to understand the context of defensive stats. The defense stunk before Edsall got here too, and Edsall and Crocker were left with personnel that couldn't win in the CAA.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Here is an evergreen line:

Coach Pasqualoni really had no opinion one way or the other
Hey Coach, what do you think of these unis?

722D13F8-012E-4E3D-B8F3-39EA1D863D9D.jpeg

Reaction Score
There is a whole lot of "stupid" in the thread.

That said, Happy New Year Boneyard!!!!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think now that facts are out, I don't think its fair to suggest Uconn was outmaneuvered. UofL saw the line in the sand and had no problem crossing over it. They had an agenda to get into P5 and would do anything to get there.
The YUM center was a sham, the revenue reported from their activities was a sham, and now we have clarity as to how Pitino and Jurich operated with recruits.
Yes, it suck that UofL is still in P5 at the end of the day. But anyone that would be happy with Uconn taking the same route as the face of CT needs to question their moral compass. I think Uconn saw the line in the sand, and said we aren't crossing it.
Look this has been discussed ad nauseum when the whole thing came out with Louisville and the FBI, but at the end of the day, did the investigation result in any more then Jurich and Pitino being fired?? No. They still have their sweet deal with Addidas, are still P5, and are set for the future.

I'm not saying I'd be proud or happy of UConn for doing what Louisville did but when you look back on the state of our program in 4 more years vs that of Louisville, it can't make you stop.and wonder if crossing that line to an extent wouldn't have been worth it long term.....

The only part of the whole Louisville scandal that I would be appalled at UConn for doing would be that horrendous deal the city agreed to with building the YUM Center. That was horrific and I would have an issue with UConn being behind something like that. The rest....I'm not quite sure I'm sure where I fall on that.....

Reaction Score
Sure you can. But some of us that have actually had a conversation with her can also disagree with you.
That's fair. But you're also what your record says you are. On her watch we went from BCS to G5. MBB and football have declined and attendance has really tanked. None of it looks like it's going improve anytime soon.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That's fair. But you're also what your record says you are. On her watch we went from BCS to G5. MBB and football have declined and attendance has really tanked. None of it looks like it's going improve anytime soon.

I guess I accept that the school has improved non-athletically since she has arrived - but since Connecticut was one of a handful of states that wasn’t slashing funding to higher ed the last decade could you imagine not rising in magazine rankings?

Reaction Score
I guess I accept that the school has improved non-athletically since she has arrived - but since Connecticut was one of a handful of states that wasn’t slashing funding to higher ed the last decade could you imagine not rising in magazine rankings?
Again that's fair. But none if us log on here to discuss Jackson Labs. This AD is hurting. That subsidy isn't sustainable for ever, then what? I give her credit for hiring Benedict but that came on the heels of Rockstar, so even that i look at with a skeptics eye. The extensions and buyouts for Ollie and Diaco have been terrible.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Again that's fair. But none if us log on here to discuss Jackson Labs. This AD is hurting. That subsidy isn't sustainable for ever, then what? I give her credit for hiring Benedict but that came on the heels of Rockstar, so even that i look at with a skeptics eye. The extensions and buyouts for Ollie and Diaco have been terrible.

I’m with you.

I believe she pays lip service to athletics. I believe that she either does not care about the results or believes that a weakened athletic program is an overall positive for the university.

That she doesn’t tell people she is trying to extract money from these things doesn’t surprise me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom