Beer | Page 108 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'd be chin-to-chest by 9:00 if I was into the Scotch already.

Funny, I poured one the other night around 9:00 after three days of no booze and several months now of much less booze (and much fewer pounds..). Within literally seconds I could feel it travel throughout my body and take the edge off everywhere. It was glorious. It felt like it was IV.

I'm becoming a Scotch and Bourbon guy, and cutting back on beer (and hopefully pounds), but I just got back from The Alchemist with two mixed cases of beer. Might trade some of it for whiskey samples.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm becoming a Scotch and Bourbon guy, and cutting back on beer (and hopefully pounds), but I just got back from The Alchemist with two mixed cases of beer. Might trade some of it for whiskey samples.
Be careful if you want to keep drinking beer. The longer I've been away the harder it seems to be on my body when I have one now. I had another one of the Hop Stoopids this past weekend and it tasted great going down, but my stomach felt like crap early the next morning.

Lagavulin 16 year is my house Scotch. 70 calories per shot, compared with 240 for a can of Heady Topper.

Reaction Score
$14 a 30 Pack for my Genesee Red's.

Goodness I hardly ever drink beer any more almost exclusively Bourbon and Wine, with some other alcohol thrown in for good measure.

BUT on a hot day, a light, admittedly flavor challenged, american lager hits the spot for me - I can't do over hopped beers any longer - had to give away some Sea-Hag and Sip o'Sunshine that was given to me, just couldn't enjoy it.

Plus for some reason I drink one or two suds and I'm out like a light, hard alcohol doesn't hit me the same way.

Reaction Score
Any tree house regulars that would want to help out a husky in Kansas? If you ever have any extra cans, I would gladly pay you double what they cost and send a label. Need some hops in the dead of winter.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Any tree house regulars that would want to help out a husky in Kansas? If you ever have any extra cans, I would gladly pay you double what they cost and send a label. Need some hops in the dead of winter.

Treehouse is too much of a pain in the ass. I've got or can get Trillium and Alchemist though. Where are you in KS? I need to send some to a law school friend in Lenexa eventually.

Reaction Score
Treehouse is too much of a pain in the ass. I've got or can get Trillium and Alchemist though. Where are you in KS? I need to send some to a law school friend in Lenexa eventually.

I am in Overland Park. About 10 mins from Lenexa!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Lauren is Tree House royalty. Pretty girl-next-door who runs marathons. Married to the brewmaster Nate, and the brewery has been built on her family farm. Such a great story.
Lauren
There is apparently an also gorgeous sideline reporter of the same name. Small world.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I am in Overland Park. About 10 mins from Lenexa!

My parents lived near 95th and Metcalf when I was born, so I guess it's my original home town. That was close to the southern edge of town back then. Now it feels like it reaches the Oklahoma border. New Englanders have no concept of the way these towns expand.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm probably going to Hanging Hills on Sunday with my buddies. What beers should I try? I love IPAs, but am open to most styles.

Reaction Score
I'm probably going to Hanging Hills on Sunday with my buddies. What beers should I try? I love IPAs, but am open to most styles.

I was at Hanging Hills for the first time a few weeks ago....I'm an IPA person too.....I tried the Iopa and Metacomet IPA's....good....not great. I liked the 3 Women Saison and YPA Pale Ale.

We also hit Hog River Brewing about 10 minutes away by city streets....I would recommend this place above HH....their "From the Ashes" was a nice new england style IPA....After trying some samplers....I ended up getting a pint of it.....Their Coltsville Dunkel was really nice too as was their Kolsch. Amazing atmosphere in that place too. Not too many breweries have 25 foot gears from an old metal trim press in their tasting room....Kind of strange that they only open at 2pm Sundays.

Reaction Score
Nate the great is a very nice DIPA. YPA is a phenomenal beer. Really like Rayn Man which is a bitter. Grab a sampler because the beer there is excellent and the staff friendly

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Street parking at meters nearby is the best bet. It can be a madhouse depending on what is released. They don't really have a single flagship IPA. All the Street named IPAs are the same malt base with different hops. Congress and Melcher are my favorites of those, but tastes may vary.

Fort Point Pale Ale is superb, as are the dry hopped variants (particularly Mosaic or Galaxy).

Vicinity DIPA is available at the moment and is excellent. Mosaic Hopped Cutting Tiles just came out and will be the hottest release most likely.

I'm not a fan of Scaled or Sleeper Street, but you may be different.
Was recently there for the Pipsqueak Penguin release and visited a few times. I'm a big fan of the Stillings St. and Ft. Point. The Permutation series was ok. Lots of Eastern style IPAs. I've been there on 2 release days and never had an issue finding a spot in the lot. Most was an hour wait in line, usually much shorter and you can drink while standing in line. One of us gets in line the other gets some tasters!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Making paninis. Drinking New Haven Nighthawks Old Time Ale.

A refreshing quaff.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Was recently there for the Pipsqueak Penguin release and visited a few times. I'm a big fan of the Stillings St. and Ft. Point. The Permutation series was ok. Lots of Eastern style IPAs. I've been there on 2 release days and never had an issue finding a spot in the lot. Most was an hour wait in line, usually much shorter and you can drink while standing in line. One of us gets in line the other gets some tasters!

The lot? I think you're talking about the Canton location, not Fort Point. Canton is a piece of cake.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
The lot? I think you're talking about the Canton location, not Fort Point. Canton is a piece of cake.
yes sorry. I've been to Canton a number of times never to Fort Point! Canton would be worth the extra drive.

Reaction Score
I was looking at the last edition of Yankee Brew News and there are 38 breweries/brewpubs in Connecticut. Alexd, how many of those have you been to?

There are 4 in Branford alone?

There are 93 in Massachusetts. Looks like I have some work to do.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Nate the great is a very nice DIPA. YPA is a phenomenal beer. Really like Rayn Man which is a bitter. Grab a sampler because the beer there is excellent and the staff friendly

I was at Hanging Hills for the first time a few weeks ago....I'm an IPA person too.....I tried the Iopa and Metacomet IPA's....good....not great. I liked the 3 Women Saison and YPA Pale Ale.

We also hit Hog River Brewing about 10 minutes away by city streets....I would recommend this place above HH....their "From the Ashes" was a nice new england style IPA....After trying some samplers....I ended up getting a pint of it.....Their Coltsville Dunkel was really nice too as was their Kolsch. Amazing atmosphere in that place too. Not too many breweries have 25 foot gears from an old metal trim press in their tasting room....Kind of strange that they only open at 2pm Sundays.

Thanks for the suggestions. We're going to do Hanging Hills, grab lunch, then hit Hog River. Can't wait.

Reaction Score
I was looking at the last edition of Yankee Brew News and there are 38 breweries/brewpubs in Connecticut. Alexd, how many of those have you been to?

There are 4 in Branford alone?

There are 93 in Massachusetts. Looks like I have some work to do.

I've been to 21 at last count....I need to get rolling....Have hit three of the newest, Legitimus, Hanging Hills & Hog River in the past 6 weeks.

Yes...I've done a day of brewery hoping in Branford a few times....very convenient....though after your hit Stony Creek and those huge windows and that beautiful huge deck on the Branford River, it's tough to leave.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the suggestions. We're going to do Hanging Hills, grab lunch, then hit Hog River. Can't wait.

Hey....when we were there, Hog River had an amazing food truck there...Yardbird and Co.....excellent stuff...HR is getting to be known for having excellent food options. Have a blast!!!!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Last Saturday Maggie McFly's in Manchester (not near any seas) had a Jack Abby's thing going on. I asked the server to tell me what was available. The first one he read was the Kiwi Rising. I stopped him right there.

Man, I could drink that all night.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Next Saturday at the Infinity Hall in Hartfrod is the Connecticut Super Beer Bowl.

NEBCO
Hog River
BackEast
Thomas Hooker
Two Roads

...will be there. I think I am missing somebody. Tastings followed by live bands.

Anyone here going?

ctsuperbeerbowlweb2017.jpeg

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog