Beer | Page 73 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
I got lucky on Sunday after the game (when it comes to beer, anyway). We stopped in at Pub 32 for a drink, and they had Hobbit Juice from Beer'd Brewing on tap. Been wanting to try that one for awhile; was very good. Then we went to Artisan Burger Company in Manchester, and they had Captain's Daughter on tap! Been wanting to try that one forever...but I was a little underwhelmed. It was good, but not as great as I had heard.

Hooked on Beer'd in Stonington Village. Just finished growlers of Hobbit Juice and their P^2 brown porter

Reaction Score
I'll be heading out to Total Wine soon. Any IPA's or Milk stouts you guys would recommend I look for?

Reaction Score
The wife just came home with a 4 pack of SOS.
It seams a place I pass everyday on my way home from work carries it. She even had the presence of mind to ask for it. God, I love her.
Just a few years ago, she was a RR/Corona girl. :)

She also bought her regular Flying Dog Raging Bitch IPA.

Our alcohol budget has changed a bit. I'll get used to it.

Reaction Score
Had captains daughter for the 1st time at Rooster Co. in Newington today. Very tasty. Lives up to hype. Also had their great ketch IIPL as well. Also good.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
I went to a package store yesterday for the first time in a long while. The store had several displays made from cases of beer from Ballast Point, Two Roads and others. All that beer was sitting out in the store with the heat cranked.

To me that is more justification for going to Treehouse where I can get cold, fresh, less than a day old beer and I can treat it with the respect it deserves. Mainly that involves keeping it cool and drinking it before it gets stale.

That may be the single biggest advantage a direct sales brewery has, but it makes a huge difference.

Liquor stores take a decent mark up for handling product. They should not be rewarded for mishandling it.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The Porch Rockers from Sam Adams are out.

:mike drop:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Yup, good beer for when the heat of summer is on. I saw they have 12-packs of porch rocker; in the past I think they've only had 6-packs and as part of the summer variety pack.

Reaction Score

Of the "larger" produced regional beers, I've been really liking what Long Trail's been making...IPA, Mostly Cloudy, Sick Day, Limbo IPA...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Of the "larger" produced regional beers, I've been really liking what Long Trail's been making...IPA, Mostly Cloudy, Sick Day, Limbo IPA...

Agree that they have upped their game. Along those lines, Mayflower just announced a new IIPA in cans called EvoLupulin , with a rotating recipe that can be accessed by QR code on the can. Could be very good. First recipe is Columbus, Equinox and Galaxy. Otter Creek has stepped up with the Brewmaster Mike series as well.

Reaction Score
Yup, good beer for when the heat of summer is on. I saw they have 12-packs of porch rocker; in the past I think they've only had 6-packs and as part of the summer variety pack.
Grabbed a 12 pack today to try it. I like it. Not too sweet for a radler, at least compared to others of its type. I can't drink too many radler/shandy beers without being hungover anymore though.

A bonus is that it's getting me through watching Joe Kelly pitch. Year 3 and he still makes me want to throw myself through a window.

Reaction Score
Nebco is releasing Big Fuzzy Double today (Double FBD). If anyone is making it down there today and also going to the spring game Saturday and want to work out a trade/share let me know. I have lots of good stuff.

Reaction Score
My new favorite easily obtainable beer is Firestone Luponic Distortion. Pretty good.

Reaction Score
My wife just came home with a 4 pack of Captain's Daughter. $16 for four 12 oz cans.

I think her days of $10 Yuengling 12 packs are long gone. ;)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My wife just came home with a 4 pack of Captain's Daughter. $16 for four 12 oz cans.

That price sucks. Heady Topper is only $14 for 4 16 oz cans. By the way, my wife is an IPA lover too, but fortunately Little Sumpin Sumpin is her go-to beer.

Reaction Score

When I livd in PA it was $11 for 24 20 oz. Yuenglings. AND, you got $1 back when you returned the empty case of bottles.

Reaction Score
That price sucks. Heady Topper is only $14 for 4 16 oz cans. By the way, my wife is an IPA lover too, but fortunately Little Sumpin Sumpin is her go-to beer.

I realized the price was crazy....at the same packy last week, she bought a 4 pack of SoS kingers for $14.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Spring is in full swing and summer's around the corner.

That means pools, beaches, boats, etc.

IPA's are out of the question, as are porter, stouts and other heavy beers.

Any suggestions for lagers, ales or pilsners that go down smooth in the heat? Bonus points if they exist nationally. Double bonus points if they come in cans (for beach and boat).

Reaction Score
Spring is in full swing and summer's around the corner.

That means pools, beaches, boats, etc.

IPA's are out of the question, as are porter, stouts and other heavy beers.

Any suggestions for lagers, ales or pilsners that go down smooth in the heat? Bonus points if they exist nationally. Double bonus points if they come in cans (for beach and boat).
Citrus typically grapefruit IPAs are all over the place and doable in heat. Agreed that sometimes you just need something else in warm weather. Not very exotic but Sierra Nevada Nooner Pilsner is pretty good. Stony Creek Dock Time Lager is good too.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Citrus typically grapefruit IPAs are all over the place and doable in heat. Agreed that sometimes you just need something else in warm weather. Not very exotic but Sierra Nevada Nooner Pilsner is pretty good. Stony Creek Dock Time Lager is good too.

Thanks. I'm trying out some Kona Brewing Big Wave Golden Ale tonight. Somewhat of a "Macro" microbrew. They make it in Hawaii, Portland OR, Portsmouth NH, Memphis and Woodinville WA.

Not bad.

Kona Brewing Company | Big Wave Golden Ale

upload_2016-4-15_17-37-58.png

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Modelo Especial
Like @BoatShow states...try Harpoon's UFO Big Squeeze (grapefruit) [I am assuming this is widespread].
MGD
Heineken in cans are great.
Leinenkeugel Summer Shandy, of course. (Curious Traveler, tho, is better)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom