Beer | Page 63 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
I received a "UCONN" growler for one of my gifts so I can now answer this thread with "whatever beer I fill that up with"!;)

Reaction Score
It's great stuff and I heard the Trifecta is amazing too. My brother went to the brewery last weekend and had a great time. I need to get over there.

Enjoy the Whirlpool!

I went to an arcade pop-up there over the summer. A lot of fun and cool space. They lean towards ipas and saisons that's not my preference, but I imbibed nonetheless.

Reaction Score
Nice Xmas gift from my awesome niece...6 brews from VA.

2927_10208478228222945_8734632052981561510_n smaller.jpg

Reaction Score
Wife bringing me to Burlington this week for birthday. Obviously getting heady topper. What are some other must gets in Vermont?

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
wethyhusky said:
Wife bringing me to Bulrlington this week for birthday. Obviously getting heady topper. What are some other must gets in Vermont?
Hill farmstead. Seek that even before topper

I'll be there Wednesday filling growlers.

Reaction Score
I'm late to this party but in terms of dark beer, Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout is hard to beat. Sorry if that is too "mainstream". I love local brews in ATL area but that and Bells Two hearted will always be the bully amazing microbrew beer on the block.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Wife bringing me to Burlington this week for birthday. Obviously getting heady topper. What are some other must gets in Vermont?
Longtrail brewery is near Killington

Reaction Score
I'm late to this party but in terms of dark beer, Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout is hard to beat. Sorry if that is too "mainstream". I love local brews in ATL area but that and Bells Two hearted will always be the bully amazing microbrew beer on the block.

I'm drinking Tree House's Single Shot right now. Its an excellent stepping stone from a milk stout into the world of darker beers. Has that coffee bitterness yet is still nice and smooth and creamy as is indicative of a milk stout. You won't be able to get that down there though.

In Georgia for stouts you have Terrapin's Moo-Hoo which is basically chocolate pudding in a glass and a little stiffer is their coffee oatmeal imperial stout.

Definitely check out the Brick Store and the Porter. 7 or 8 years ago both of them were listed in the top 5 beer bars in the world.

Left Hand and Duck-Rabbit were the two original craft brew milk stouts. Trendy or not, you can't knock em. Bell's is one of the iconic craft breweries, however, unlike their sister shop Founder's, they have not tried to make as much of a leap into the new craft brew generation and have relegated to their old standbys. At least in a widespread distribution sense.

Reaction Score
Picked up 2 four packs of Lawson's SOS in New Haven.

Had Kent Falls' Rauchbier (called Anachronism) last night, today some Maredsous Blonde Ale Tripel, just now some Unibroue Grande Reserve 17 Dark Ale and now headed over to Cask Republic.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Back in the 80's I had a chance to work up in Canada briefly and while there I was introduced to Labbatts Extra Old Stock. Very good tasting beer, more potent than American.

Reaction Score
I am out of my element here in Connecticut. In Buffalo, a flight of four 5 oz. beers goes for $8. At Cask Republic in New Haven, it's $20 a pop. I had 3 flights last night, so $60 for 3. Yikes.

My ratings for what I tried from best to worst:

Baladin Noel (Italy): 4.5
Kent Falls Field Batch #5: 4.25
Captain Lawrence Hop Commander: 4
Tilquin Gueze: 3.75 (much hyped, but flat, too bad... guess people aren't drinking Belgians at CR)
Dogfish ' Brew: 3.75
Allagash White: 3.5 to clean the palate
Delirium Tremens: 3 (great beer, but flat again)
Jack's Abbey Smoky: 1.75 (a fail of a Rauchbier)
I ordered Kent Falls and Baladin on all 3 flights.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I am out of my element here in Connecticut. In Buffalo, a flight of four 5 oz. beers goes for $8. At Cask Republic in New Haven, it's $20 a pop. I had 3 flights last night, so $60 for 3. Yikes.

My ratings for what I tried from best to worst:

Baladin Noel (Italy): 4.5
Kent Falls Field Batch #5: 4.25
Captain Lawrence Hop Commander: 4
Tilquin Gueze: 3.75 (much hyped, but flat, too bad... guess people aren't drinking Belgians at CR)
Dogfish ' Brew: 3.75
Allagash White: 3.5 to clean the palate
Delirium Tremens: 3 (great beer, but flat again)
Jack's Abbey Smoky: 1.75 (a fail of a Rauchbier)
I ordered Kent Falls and Baladin on all 3 flights.
Cask is probably the most expensive selection you could have made. Happy hour at Prime 16 is the deal. Half-priced pints from 4-7.

Funny that the package stores in that same exact area vary even more wildly. A bottle of Green Spot Irish whiskey is $49 at Temple Wine & Liquor; a frisbee throw away at the Wine Thief it's $60. At Odd Bins, a few blocks away, it's $65.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Heady Topper tastes like pine cones.

If you really want to taste pine cones, try Dogfish Head Pennsylvania Tuxedo....made with spruce tips.

I think Heady Topper is much more citrusy than piney. Most west coast IPAs are piney.

Reaction Score
As others have said fiddlehead makes good beers. Check out there double ipa second fiddle

Reaction Score
Cask is probably the most expensive selection you could have made. Happy hour at Prime 16 is the deal. Half-priced pints from 4-7.

Funny that the package stores in that same exact area vary even more wildly. A bottle of Green Spot Irish whiskey is $49 at Temple Wine & Liquor; a frisbee throw away at the Wine Thief it's $60. At Odd Bins, a few blocks away, it's $65.

I go to Coastal in Branford for single big bottles, but there is a package store in the area you're talking about that seems to always have SOS. Thanks for the tip on Cask.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
By the way, if anyone wants to sample some Hill Farmstead without going to the Northeast Kingdom of VT, Armsby Abby in Worcester always has it on tap (along with lots of other good stuff). It's also only 5 minutes from Wormtown, which makes some excellent stuff and has a nice tasting room.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
By the way, if anyone wants to sample some Hill Farmstead without going to the Northeast Kingdom of VT, Armsby Abby in Worcester always has it on tap (along with lots of other good stuff). It's also only 5 minutes from Wormtown, which makes some excellent stuff and has a nice tasting room.
Love Armsby, and the food is also excellent. Great room, too. Their "Dive Bar" around the corner also has some great taps and a more casual setting.

Reaction Score

Anyone know why you can get Hill Farmstead in Worcester but not Boston? Which beers are they distributing?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you really want to taste pine cones, try Dogfish Head Pennsylvania Tuxedo....made with spruce tips.

I think Heady Topper is much more citrusy than piney. Most west coast IPAs are piney.

If I want to taste a pine cone, I will taste a pine cone.

I agree with your assessment somewhat - Heady Topper tastes like pine cones dipped in orange peels.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom