Beer | Page 67 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Quantities vary week to week depending on what is canned and how much. I've got as much as 24 and yesterday was a limit of 14, two types of beer. They sell out every week. Wednesday is cans only, no growlers. They open at noon and close at 6:00 on Wednesday. If you plan on getting there early good luck. Some crazies get there at 10:00 and by noon there's could be over 100 on line. I've found the best time is around 3:30...I did that two weeks ago and literally walked in and out in 5 minutes.

Also, you won't know what is canned usually until day-of. There are two web pages where they announce the offerings:
Tree House twitter
Tree House Facebook on-tap

Reaction Score
Question for the Tree House pros. I'll be up in that area next Wednesday and am looking to get some cans. What kind of quantities do they limit you to? Looking to grab as much as possible.

They have the limits on their website. Usually between 4-8 cans limit per person per a beer. All depends on quantity left and how many people show up and they can change the limit at anytime.

You will pay 3.25-4.50 per can depending what it is

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I just had a bourbon county stout for the first time tonight. I thought it was really good. Very sweet though, followed by vanilla, then bourbon and finally caramel with a little bit of dark chocolate. Is anyone familiar with this one? Any suggestions where I could find more? A friend gave this to me a while ago I have no idea where I can find more.
Just tapped that bottle from Goose Island. One and a half sips and down the drain I poured.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I may take you up on that; went down to Florida last April and had Jai Alai IPA from Cigar City which was phenomenal. What kind of stuff were you looking for? Some is easier to get than others.
I can easily get Jai Alai. It really is delicious. If you like dark beer their Marshall Zukov stout is amazing. They sell tickets to the release party for $100 a pop, and then you have to buy the beer. Line is still around the brewery. They also release a white oak jai alai from time to time as well and that is amazing. Also very rare. I would be interested in anything that you would recommend. I have followed this thread for awhile and looked for some of the beers everyone has talked about but they simply aren't available down here.

Reaction Score
I went to Tree House for the first time today. The hype is real. The line was no joke either.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I'll be that guy. I've got the Tree House run down to a science. The stuff is the bomb. I get up there every couple weeks or so. Anybody looking to trade let me know.
View attachment 11824

Any chance you grabbed Bright yesterday? I missed out and have plenty of other Tree House to trade too.

I made my first run to Trillium's new location in Canton last week. Much easier than Tree House to get in and out with bottles but it is a bit pricier due to the bottle format. They have some great IPA's as well right up there with Tree House.

Reaction Score
Any chance you grabbed Bright yesterday? I missed out and have plenty of other Tree House to trade too.

I made my first run to Trillium's new location in Canton last week. Much easier than Tree House to get in and out with bottles but it is a bit pricier due to the bottle format. They have some great IPA's as well right up there with Tree House.
I got 6 Bright yesterday and I'd be interested in trading for King Julius, Very Green, Dopelganger or Juice Machine, 1:1 or 2:2. I live/work downtown Hartford. The Bright is really good ( as are all TH beers), I get watermelon and grapefruit up front with a clean finish.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Wallingford's new Brew and Steak Kings just tapped Fuzzy Baby Ducks AND Sip o Sunshine!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Be on the lookout for Cone Flakes in your local packie; just picked some up tonight. It wasnt refrigerated, though, so I'll have to wait to drink some. Can't wait though.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm in Waitsfield again. It's like the Disneyland of great beer up here. Ski house came loaded with Heady Topper. Dinner at Mad Taco was awesome enough on its own, but Hill Farmstead Susan on tap (among other HF, SoS and a handful of other excellent beers) put it over the top.

Gonna be colder than hell these next two days. Might have to invest more time beer hunting. Waterbury tomorrow night either way, then Burlington on Sunday.

Heaven.

Reaction Score
This thread was buried on page 4. Had to revive it.

Top 100 breweries in the world as rated by Ratebeer. Hill Farmstead #1. Someone needs to explain how Treehouse isn't on there. Maybe too small with not enough rates?

http://www.ratebeer.com/ratebeerbest/BestBrewers-World2016.asp

I get Hill Farmstead on tap here in upstate NY. It's tasty for sure, but I'd never wait in any line for beer. Too much other good stuff available where I don't have to wait.

Full confession I'm more of a bourbon person - I have about 115-130 bottles I started grabbing them about 15 or so years ago before all the fuss about bourbon started (you newcomers please go back to vodka or whatever you drank before bourbon became popular) and I wouldn't wait in line for bourbon either.

Hill Farmstead is really good I have a couple every week it's something new every week.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
If your in Pennsylvania and see anything from Tired Hands brewing company I suggest trying it! I haven't had many of their beers but the ones I have are close to the same level as treehouse!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 20

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Durham Wine and Spirits had 2 4-packs of Back East Brewing's Pallate Mallet. Now they have 1. Never had it and am looking forward to it.

Also grabbed a Stoney Creek Snow Hole (double red). Also never had it.

Reaction Score
FYI there was lot's of Sip of Sunshine in the beer cooler at Crazy Bruce's West Hartford this morning. Looks like availability is loosening up. I actually passed on it ---way too much Tree House in my frig right now.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Durham Wine and Spirits had 2 4-packs of Back East Brewing's Pallate Mallet. Now they have 1. Never had it and am looking forward to it.

Also grabbed a Stoney Creek Snow Hole (double red). Also never had it.

Really enjoyed Palate Mallet when I had it a few months back.

Reaction Score
Anyone try a Finch's Beer Company Chimera Imperial IPA? Wonderful IPA! They're out of Chicago, seems to always be available at the Total Wine in Manchester. It has 9.0 ABV but you'd never know it, at least until you stand up.

Reaction Score
Been hanging across town at Firefly since they opened 2+ years ago....anyone who's spent anytime checking out this thread knows I'm one of those "it's IPA or nothing" guys....but I tried their Wisp APA and Caboose English Ale. REALLY nice....filled up a squeeler of each to bring to a Valentine's party tonight.

Reaction Score
@alexd. How's their Coneflakes? That's the one I've been hankerin' to try, and they're canning it now, no?

Reaction Score
I can see the appeal of Firefly, it's a cool place, but I was not blown away by any of their offerings.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
@alexd. How's their Coneflakes? That's the one I've been hankerin' to try, and they're canning it now, no?

I know it's addressed to Alex, but I loved Coneflakes and can't wait to see it my local store.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom