Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
intlzncster said:
I find beer from a bottle to be a vastly superior experience than from a can for myself personally.

And a bottle poured into a good, frozen glass is the next level.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I find beer from a bottle to be a vastly superior experience than from a can for myself personally.
And a bottle poured into a good, frozen glass is the next level.
Except for Heady Topper, I pour all my cans and bottles into glasses for drinking. But never a frozen glass. Most beer is kept too cold as it is imo. Last thing it needs is to be colder. Unless you're talking lighter beers or lagers and pilsners, most beer tastes better as it gets less cold (note, I am not talking warm--just not too cold).

Speaking of Donahue's, they pride themselves on having the coldest beer possible and pour every beer--even Guinness Stout--in frosted glasses. I literally have to have them run a frosted glass under hot water in order to get my Guinness in a non-frosted glass there.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
The offerings at Treehouse are just incredibly good. The Julius should be available in cans at a nearby store by mid February according to Dean.

In side by sides Treehouse beers made just about everything else seem almost undrinkable ( at least until the Treehouse was gone.)

I love NEBCO. And would currently buy a six of Sea Hag for $10 before I'd get a 4pack of Ghandi-bot for $12.

City Steam Innocence is not the most refined beer but if I'm looking to tie one on it really does the job.

People who don't like hops shouldn,t even comment on this thread. What's next? A thread about the best raw bar in CT dominated by a bunch of folks who are allergic to shellfish.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Where should I look for NEBCO beers? I don't live far from Woodbridge, but I've only seen Sea Hag and Elm City in package stores.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Where should I look for NEBCO beers? I don't live far from Woodbridge, but I've only seen Sea Hag and Elm City in package stores.

Plan A) go to the brewery and stock up on growlers (their website tells you what they have).
Plan B) Amity Wine & Spirit (they have a lot).
Plan C) find a good bar like Prime 16 that will have it on tap.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Plan A) go to the brewery and stock up on growlers (their website tells you what they have).

Makes sense that Amity Wine and Spirit would have some; will have to make a detour home from work one day to pick some up. Thanks.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Makes sense that Amity Wine and Spirit would have some; will have to make a detour home from work one day to pick some up. Thanks.

There are a lot of NEBCO brews aren't canned, but one that you can definitely get that I enjoy is 668 (neighbor of the beast) - a pale, yeasty belgian with high ABV.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What he said. And they will fill any growlers at the brewery, so you can bring your own if you have them. If you want Fuzzy Baby Ducks, Supernaut or Galaxy you can only get them on tap, so you have to go to the brewery or find them on tap at Prime 16, Cask Republic, Mikro or Eli Cannon's.

Best you can do at Amity or elsewhere is the Gandhi Bot cans, and in most instances you have to get to the store the day (sometimes the hour) when it is delivered in order to get some. Best bet is to ask the place most convenient to you if they carry it, and then ask them what the deal is (i.e., when/how often it gets delivered; whether they allow people to reserve them).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Thanks for the input, guys. Wish they had a tasting room so I could go sample all of these beers. Although I suppose I could just bring my Two Roads growler and fill it up with whatever I want. That sounds like the way to go.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Thanks for the input, guys. Wish they had a tasting room so I could go sample all of these beers. Although I suppose I could just bring my Two Roads growler and fill it up with whatever I want. That sounds like the way to go.
They do have a tasting room; they have some tables and you can stand around and sample, and they'll give you samples of anything you like. But if any of those beers I mentioned are on (and probably the two special IPAs--Fat Ten-er #11 and #2--they have on now) there will probably be a line of people with several growlers, so you can't really take a ton of time to sample or people are going to want to kill you. Kidding--kind of.

Reaction Score
Friends of mine visited while we were in Stowe and then headed over to Waitsfield for a B&B weekend. They claim to have had a small group tour of Lawson's.

Straight from their site, "Please note: our brewery is closed to the public. Thank you." Also on the vermont microbrew tour card Lawsons is a gimme cause you can't go there. I am not doubting that they got a tour. Just that they or their friends know somebody.

Reaction Score
Did two people really tout the virtues of Blue Moon? Blue Moon is the definition of meh, it pretty much sucks.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Did two people really tout the virtues of Blue Moon? Blue Moon is the definition of meh, it pretty much sucks.
I believe there was also mention of "triple orange." Still trying to figure out whether that's a flavor, or if s/he is squeezing three orange slices in it.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
They're better than meh for sure. But not saying they are in the same atmosphere of the specialty uber crafters.

Reaction Score
It's not even a very piney IPA, it's more citrusy. It's rich because it is a double/imperial IPA, so has a high alcohol level. It is very hoppy, but gets it reputation in part because it isn't overly bitter despite the hops. Life is too short for me to drink tasteless crappy fizzy adjunct lagers like Rolling Rock, Corona or Bud/Miller/Coors. I'm not drinking 2 buck chuck wine either. But I don't like the "snob" label, because most fans of good beers don't care what other people drink.

Most people who fancy themselves as beer snobs are really just unsophisticated macho beer drinkers -- "Beer must taste of only hops. Ooga."

Reaction Score
.People who don't like hops shouldn said:
That's extremely ignorant. High ibu's is an Americanized idea. Europe has been making beer for centuries and they don't like the beer bitter. ESB's don't even come close. I like a lot of beer, have tried a plethora and probably drink more in a year than you ever have. I won't even drink an IPA let alone a DIPA.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
People who don't like hops shouldn,t even comment on this thread. What's next? A thread about the best raw bar in CT dominated by a bunch of folks who are allergic to shellfish.

Nonsense. I prefer Euro beers over anything else, and they aren't heavy on the hops.

Don't really fancy IPAs much.

EDIT: what @Jay-Bone said. but I'm not as much of a drunkard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom