Beer | Page 187 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
My wife participated in her first 5k today at Two Roads' Shore to the Pour race in Stratford this morning and I was there for support.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first Lil' Juicy session IPA. With my food allergies, I've been avoiding most beers over the last five years, but I can't turn down a free Two Roads at 10:30 AM ;)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My wife participated in her first 5k today at Two Roads' Shore to the Pour race in Stratford this morning and I was there for support.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first Lil' Juicy session IPA. With my food allergies, I've been avoiding most beers over the last five years, but I can't turn down a free Two Roads at 10:30 AM ;)
Do you mean Lil Heaven?

Reaction Score
My boss brought me back some Julius on Monday and while it was good, I wasn't blown away like I was the first time I had Julius several years ago. There is so much good local beer nowadays, I will drive to my local package store and pick up No Filter, or head down to Two Roads to get some fresh 2 Juicy 100/100x instead of driving 90 minutes for Treehouse. I am probably drinking White Claws, anyways.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Urban Lodge opened up just off Main St Manchester this weekend. Very eager to check it out but want to avoid the crowds I’m sure are there

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Urban Lodge opened up just off Main St Manchester this weekend. Very eager to check it out but want to avoid the crowds I’m sure are there

Their back patio looks legit. Excited to check it out, but I like Labyrinth and will probably continue to go there more often than Urban Lodge.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
My boss brought me back some Julius on Monday and while it was good, I wasn't blown away like I was the first time I had Julius several years ago. There is so much good local beer nowadays, I will drive to my local package store and pick up No Filter, or head down to Two Roads to get some fresh 2 Juicy 100/100x instead of driving 90 minutes for Treehouse. I am probably drinking White Claws, anyways.

I feel the same way. I'm not a beer crazed guy, but like craft beer. I've had Treehouse a couple of times and it's fine, but I don't get what makes it worth the drive and the wait as well as the cost. I'm fine with picking up whatever is at the package store

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Their back patio looks legit. Excited to check it out, but I like Labyrinth and will probably continue to go there more often than Urban Lodge.
I feel bad that they opened on Labyrinth’s anniversary weekend. I hope people are patronizing both. You bring your little hellraiser to Labrynth?

Reaction Score
And if you're outside of California/Pacific Northwest and Reislings in NY State the wine pretty much sucks. You can get really good local beer anywhere in the country.

Hallelujah!

Reaction Score
I usually buy founders all day ipa when I go o want a day drinking beer
They're good. I'm sitting at my local right now drinking Bell's Two Hearted. Taps in front of me are Two Hearted, Zombie Dust, Goose Island Born and Raised, Daisy Cutter, Revolution Anti-Hero, Alpha King, Elliot Ness. This is one of my local dives and this is their selection. You can get great beer anywhere.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They're good. I'm sitting at my local right now drinking Bell's Two Hearted. Taps in front of me are Two Hearted, Zombie Dust, Goose Island Born and Raised, Daisy Cutter, Revolution Anti-Hero, Alpha King, Elliot Ness. This is one of my local dives and this is their selection. You can get great beer anywhere.
Goose Island is one of the biggest meh breweries for me. Midwestern Sam Adams.

Reaction Score
I love Tree House beers but I understand what you are saying. I also recently had a Julius and thought to myself, "That was pretty good, but not as good as I thought when I had it for the first time 3 years ago." I had a King Jjjuliusss a couple months ago and it was absolutely tremendous. I've also had some other really good beers in the last couple months. So a lot of breweries are brewing really good stuff these days. Which is a good thing for everyone.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You pay $20 for 4 packs?

Yeah. I’m at the point when I might have 2 whole cans a week. Maybe. I split them with my wife so 4 between us. So I want to make them count. Price is fine, because who wouldn’t pay $5 a pint at a bar? I don’t really drink out very often either.

Any midweek drinking or weekend evening drinking is going to be wine, Scotch, Bourbon or Rum. Any beer I want to drink is just to calorie dense.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I love Tree House beers but I understand what you are saying. I also recently had a Julius and thought to myself, "That was pretty good, but not as good as I thought when I had it for the first time 3 years ago." I had a King Jjjuliusss a couple months ago and it was absolutely tremendous. I've also had some other really good beers in the last couple months. So a lot of breweries are brewing really good stuff these days. Which is a good thing for everyone.

Palate fatigue gets me with treehouse. Their flavor profile is so distinct, and so strong, that it desensitizes you, after a while. I find i need to reset my beer taste a couple of times a year - go to stouts, pilsners, anything but IPAs, especially theirs, for 2 weeks or so.

Speaking of not IPAs - the Sierra Nevada/Bitburger Oktoberfest is tremendous, if you like that style.

Reaction Score
Have to give another lil shout-out for the Hazy Little Thing...a weird term, but these are 'crushable'....

Reaction Score
Palate fatigue gets me with treehouse. Their flavor profile is so distinct, and so strong, that it desensitizes you, after a while. I find i need to reset my beer taste a couple of times a year - go to stouts, pilsners, anything but IPAs, especially theirs, for 2 weeks or so.

Speaking of not IPAs - the Sierra Nevada/Bitburger Oktoberfest is tremendous, if you like that style.
Tree House makes killer stouts too. You should try those.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom