Beer | Page 173 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
To piggyback on this post, you also have Bad Sons in Derby. I'm pretty sure they're releasing that Campfire beer in collaboration with Sierra Nevada this week, and their other stuff is pretty good too. Also, Counter Weight in Hamden is very good; the brewer that was at NEBCO left there to open Counter Weight. I can second Two Roads for the atmosphere, good beer too. Obviously Tree House is about as good as it gets, although they usually don't do pours on Fridays. So I would only go there if you want to buy beer to take home with you.
I second Counterweight and NEBCO for quality beer. Tribus, Bad Sons, Stony Creek,Two Roads for tasting rooms that offer a good vibe. Kent Falls, Fat Orange Cat and Fox Farm have great beers, but a little out of the way. I like Hooker, but you can pick it up at your local. Treehouse is worth the ride, but only if you’re taking it home in cans.

Reaction Score
If you're into sours, i'd also suggest considering a jaunt to Hudson Valley Brewery. About 1.25h trip from Orange and they specialize in sours. Taplist here: See Hudson Valley Brewery's Full Beer List on BeerMenus

NEBCO & Counterweight are so close to where you'll be that it'd be crime not to go given their beer quality
Kent Falls is top notch and brews tons of unique beers but it's a bit of a drive.

Reaction Score
Hartford beer scene is pretty solid with Hanging Hills, Hog River and New Park. They also put a Thomas Hooker tap room in downtown that I need to check out. So many good breweries around you can’t go wrong anywhere.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They also put a Thomas Hooker tap room in downtown that I need to check out.

It's practically next door to Dillion Stadium, only a mile and change from Hanging Hills. It's a good two-fer.

Reaction Score
How's Fat Orange Cat in East Hampton? Looks like they're only Saturdays and Sundays.

Fat Orange Cat Brew Co.

I’m not sure they’re open to “hang out” during the colder seasons. I believe it’s just pick up only, which is better than nothing. They make all hazy IPA’s that all taste the same but they are damn good.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Let me nominate Counterweight Headway as Best Beer that's readily available. I find tastes for specific beers can come and go but Headway is just solid for me. And still under 10 bucks. They started selling Headway at FB games this year, except for the last 2. Notice the corresponding drop in attendance?

Reaction Score
For the record, Lawson's is amazing. The taproom is huge and gorgeous. It's very well staffed and the beers are priced fairly. Outside a patio rings the building and there are multiple fire pits surrounded by Adirondack chairs. Buying beer at the retail space, which opens before the taproom, is quick and easy.

Side benefit, the Mad Taco now has Double Sunshine on Tap. Additionally, Worthy Burger is opening up Worthy Burger Too at Mad River. It's becoming a great destination.
Totally agree Waitsfield is kicking it. Sugarbush my Fav ski area (even though I’m only 30 min from jay peak). You got Lawson’s and then Waterbury is only 20 min away with prohib pig and reservoir rest, which always has several hill farmstead on tap. Great place!, then a short hop to Alchemist brewery for the best beer prices around for great beer

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Totally agree Waitsfield is kicking it. Sugarbush my Fav ski area (even though I’m only 30 min from jay peak). You got Lawson’s and then Waterbury is only 20 min away with prohib pig and reservoir rest, which always has several hill farmstead on tap. Great place!, then a short hop to Alchemist brewery for the best beer prices around for great beer
When in Waterbury, don’t overlook Blackback Pub, across the street from Pro Pig and Reservior. On last few visits it has outperformed both in both food and drink.

Reaction Score
When in Waterbury, don’t overlook Blackback Pub, across the street from Pro Pig and Reservior. On last few visits it has outperformed both in both food and drink.

Don’t disagree at all but you’ve got to get up to Burly and check out Foam. Really great location and top notch IPA’s.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Don’t disagree at all but you’ve got to get up to Burly and check out Foam. Really great location and top notch IPA’s.
Went to Foam a few months ago. Cool spot and good beers.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

And don’t forget Foley Brothers in Brandon!

Mad Taco has good food and beer in Waitsfield, it used to supply the food at Blackback too @8893. With Worthy Burger Too coming soon there will be more good food and a great tap list.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
And don’t forget Foley Brothers in Brandon!

Mad Taco has good food and beer in Waitsfield, it used to supply the food at Blackback too @8893. With Worthy Burger Too coming soon there will be more good food and a great tap list.
Yes I remember when Mad Taco ran the kitchen at Blackback and I was bummed when they left. Blackback was dicey for a little while after that but the past couple years they have turned it up a few notches in both food and taps.

All that said, the OG Mad Taco in Waitsfield will always reign supreme for me. Great margaritas, too. I'm also a Worthy Burger fan and am looking forward to them opening Waitsfield, as that South Royalton location is not too convenient.

As for the skiing, Sugarbush remains a favorite all things considered, but after returning to Stowe last year I am increasingly torn because that is such a great mountain, too, and the town of Stowe now has quite a few great food and drink places as well.

Reaction Score
Since we are talking about northern Vermont....if you are in the area hit up the Beverage Warehouse in Winoski. You can make your own 4 packs of any beers they have. I was able to grab 4 different Foley brothers, some BBC beers, as well as some other highly rated locals.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
DUDE YEA MAN IM TOTALLY FROM BURLINGTON I JUST ****ING LOVE THE TAKING MY SUBY TO THE MOUNTAINS AND SHREDDIN THE POW ALL DAY WHILE RAGING GREAT TUNES. YEA I GO TO UVM AND CATCH RIPPIN SHOWS ALL ****IN DAY AT NECTARS AND CHILL AT FARMHOUSE WHERE THEY HAVE THE FIRE LOCAL BREW ON TAP MOST DEF. YO BRAH HAVE YOU MET MY BOY WAGZ HE HAS BEEN WRAPPING FOR LIKE A YEAR OR MORE AND HIS **** IS SO ****ING FILTHY AND MY BUDDY SILAS IS A DOPE GLASS DESIGNER CUSTOMS ONLY BRO. YOU COMIN TO TWIDDLE THIS WEEKEND AT HIGHER GROUND? WHAT ABOUT GRACE POTTER ON THE WATER? YOU INTO THAT SCENE OR WHAT? CUZ IF YOU ARE I CAN GET YOU THE ****ING DOPEST LAKE MONSTERS FITTED FROM MY BOY IN WINOOSKI YEAH THAT'S RIGHT WINOOSKI BRO. HEY MAN WANNA SMOKE SOME OF THIS FLAME SHATTER THAT MY BOY LARSON BLASTS? OH NAH YOU ONLY ABOUT THAT FLOW? PUFFIN' FLOWER ALL DAY? DUDE YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT ****IN STATE BRO 802 RAGERS AND HEADY ASS CHICKS WHO JUST LOVE SHREDDIN SOME JER AND TOSSIN THE NODS HIS WAY ON THE REG

Curiouser
Reaction Score
DUDE YEA MAN IM TOTALLY FROM BURLINGTON I JUST ****ING LOVE THE TAKING MY SUBY TO THE MOUNTAINS AND SHREDDIN THE POW ALL DAY WHILE RAGING GREAT TUNES. YEA I GO TO UVM AND CATCH RIPPIN SHOWS ALL ****IN DAY AT NECTARS AND CHILL AT FARMHOUSE WHERE THEY HAVE THE FIRE LOCAL BREW ON TAP MOST DEF. YO BRAH HAVE YOU MET MY BOY WAGZ HE HAS BEEN WRAPPING FOR LIKE A YEAR OR MORE AND HIS **** IS SO ****ING FILTHY AND MY BUDDY SILAS IS A DOPE GLASS DESIGNER CUSTOMS ONLY BRO. YOU COMIN TO TWIDDLE THIS WEEKEND AT HIGHER GROUND? WHAT ABOUT GRACE POTTER ON THE WATER? YOU INTO THAT SCENE OR WHAT? CUZ IF YOU ARE I CAN GET YOU THE ****ING DOPEST LAKE MONSTERS FITTED FROM MY BOY IN WINOOSKI YEAH THAT'S RIGHT WINOOSKI BRO. HEY MAN WANNA SMOKE SOME OF THIS FLAME SHATTER THAT MY BOY LARSON BLASTS? OH NAH YOU ONLY ABOUT THAT FLOW? PUFFIN' FLOWER ALL DAY? DUDE YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT ****IN STATE BRO 802 RAGERS AND HEADY ASS CHICKS WHO JUST LOVE SHREDDIN SOME JER AND TOSSIN THE NODS HIS WAY ON THE REG
You've held on to that one for a few years now.

Reaction Score
Holy crap. I just finding out we just got AkAk commit, I drove to Hillfarmstead (10 min away) and celebrating with 2 Twilight of the Idols. Just cracked open first one. Coffee and vanilla bean porter. Think

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Busy afternoon, opened up a Trillium Permutation 62 Triple IPA just in time to find our we landed Akok. What a great day.

I also scored Bourbon County regular bottles for $8 and Vanilla for $10. Most stores had the Vanilla for $25 or so.

Reaction Score
I also scored Bourbon County regular bottles for $8 and Vanilla for $10. Most stores had the Vanilla for $25 or so.

Where did you get those? I'd buy a case. I just saw regular for $18 today, but couldn't bring myself to pay it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Let's get real. This thread has long ago stopped being about "best beer" and is now a brag-a-thon about who has the most leisure time and discretionary income to go traveling about to boast how they bagged some rare pint or growler.

Take the labels and the brand cachet away, do some blind taste tests, let's see if y'all still think all these brews are as amazing as you think. I'd put my money on "no". If, after a blind test with similar beers, the ones y'all profess are "best" still stand out, then I'll gladly eat my words. But personal experience with blind testing across a number of foods and beverages leads me to believe I'll end up being correct.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Let's get real. This thread has long ago stopped being about "best beer" and is now a brag-a-thon about who has the most leisure time and discretionary income to go traveling about to boast how they bagged some rare pint or growler.

Take the labels and the brand cachet away, do some blind taste tests, let's see if y'all still think all these brews are as amazing as you think. I'd put my money on "no". If, after a blind test with similar beers, the ones y'all profess are "best" still stand out, then I'll gladly eat my words. But personal experience with blind testing across a number of foods and beverages leads me to believe I'll end up being correct.

I’d say eat your words. But you probably couldn’t taste them. Bad tastebuds you have.

From this thread last Jan.

3BE5A52F-CC6A-491D-948F-FD8E9C452855.jpeg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm not familiar with either of them but based on this tread would assume Treehouse would be the more elitist brand. But a blind tasting of only two beers is a pretty stupid experiment.

But hey, I'm only speaking as someone who's been trained on this stuff. People are gonna like what they like. But the "hipster factor/brand social acceptance" is part of the package for most people on why they like something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom