Beer | Page 171 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's a great visit. One of the nicest tap rooms i have been in. The amount of good beer on VT is on another level. Even going to a good package store there will give you a good yield .

Pictures look gorgeous. I’ll grab lunch at Mad Taco and dive in. Our Vermont house is close enough to it. I’ve found some nice spots for beer. Upper Pass Cloud drop is as good as anything, anywhere.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
One of my favorite places on the planet. Always delivers.

And now Lawson’s is more or less across the street

Curiouser
Reaction Score
And now Lawson’s is more or less across the street
All these years without a Lawson’s taproom, Mad Taco was the closest thing because they were one of very few places that poured more than just SoS or SS#2. Awesome that they have finally opened their own place.

Speaking of delivering, Blackback Pub in Waterbury has been killing it in both food and booze on our last half dozen visits. Love that place too.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I must interject.
I own Great Falls Brewing Co in North Canaan, so I’m going to speak from some knowledge. Any manufacturer of beer in the state of Connecticut must have a permit to make beer and/or sell beer. My permit for example is a brew pub/manufacturing license (costs me $1600/yr). A farm permit allows for a couple special designations like amount that can be sold at a farmers market but are limited to 75,000 gallons of production per year. But, they have to have a permit.

In about 4 weeks, we’ll open our doors , and I invite all my boneyard brethren to come have a cold one with me.

Cheers,
Chris “Idahoshusky” Tripler
CLAS ‘91
Founder of Great Falls Brewing Co

Hey, I saw your piece on WFSB over the weekend. Nice job on the building!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Lol I know Boston like you know Hartford

Edit and no place in SoCal scams anyone with 8+ dollar mediocre beers

You looked and smelled like a west coast custy.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
For the record, Lawson's is amazing. The taproom is huge and gorgeous. It's very well staffed and the beers are priced fairly. Outside a patio rings the building and there are multiple fire pits surrounded by Adirondack chairs. Buying beer at the retail space, which opens before the taproom, is quick and easy.

Side benefit, the Mad Taco now has Double Sunshine on Tap. Additionally, Worthy Burger is opening up Worthy Burger Too at Mad River. It's becoming a great destination.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I visited Kinsmen Brewing in Southington. An absolute amazing venue and easy to get to. Wished I still lived in Meriden.

Reaction Score
You looked and smelled like a west coast custy.
Probably did, except I still have a Jersey license. I used to have my beautiful long blond hair up during my time in Boston, but since I’ve been in SD I like it down now. I get that it’s different. Everyone was checking it out, many with a certain... longing. But I’m a good and faithful man and didn’t get myself in trouble.

Actually now that I think back, even with how often I used to have it up, people sometimes thought I was from California when I was living in Boston.

Dove

Reaction Score
Probably did, except I still have a Jersey license. I used to have my beautiful long blond hair up during my time in Boston, but since I’ve been in SD I like it down now. I get that it’s different. Everyone was checking it out, many with a certain... longing. But I’m a good and faithful man and didn’t get myself in trouble.

Actually now that I think back, even with how often I used to have it up, people sometimes thought I was from California when I was living in Boston.

Post/handle

BOOM...got another one!!

Reaction Score
When at the packy today picking up the new Kent Falls (okay then), i saw that they got in a case of LIC Beer Project Higher Burnin IPA. It is my go to at MSG, had a couple during the Iowa debacle last Friday. It's a great beer and at 15 per 4 pack its reasonably priced.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh I didn’t mention how I went to Downeast in East Boston. God, I missed it so much. Flew back with 4 packs of pumpkin, wild berry, and winter blend

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Oh I didn’t mention how I went to Downeast in East Boston. God, I missed it so much. Flew back with 4 packs of pumpkin, wild berry, and winter blend

That you like pumpkin and beery beers puts you in a class where I can't seriously consider your beer reviews as they'd apply to my personal tastes.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That you like pumpkin and beery beers puts you in a class where I can't seriously consider your beer reviews as they'd apply to my personal tastes.
It probably won’t make a difference to you, but Downeast is cider, not beer.

I’m a cider fan, but not big on spiced ones like their Winter Blend or Pumpkin. I tend to prefer drier ones. Their berry one is more tart than sweet.

Dove

Reaction Score
It probably won’t make a difference to you, but Downeast is cider, not beer.

I’m a cider fan, but not big on spiced ones like their Winter Blend or Pumpkin. I tend to prefer drier ones. Their berry one is more tart than sweet.
The Aloha Friday is excellent. As is the Pumpkin.

Reaction Score
Sorry I wasn’t clear. Downeast is a cidery. They make it so it’s like actual apple cider ie not like crappy angry orchard, just this gets you drunk. And the pumpkin seriously is amazing; don’t trust my review, try it yourself

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Sorry I wasn’t clear. Downeast is a cidery. They make it so it’s like actual apple cider ie not like crappy angry orchard, just this gets you drunk. And the pumpkin seriously is amazing; don’t trust my review, try it yourself

You buying? Because why would I fork over money for a kind of flavoring I'm predisposed to not enjoy (and I've had several purportedly "good" pumpkins). I like my "fruit" to be in the terroir of the hops, not additives. No different than coffee in that regard.

Reaction Score
Had a can of Kent Falls Okay Then yesterday. Might be there best IPA. I would even put it above doubly awkward hugs which was my favorite until I had this one.

Reaction Score
Had a can of Kent Falls Okay Then yesterday. Might be there best IPA. I would even put it above doubly awkward hugs which was my favorite until I had this one.
Absolutely loved okay then. Easily the best Kent falls (slightly better than Ralph’s weddings and awkward hug) and beats tree house (which by the way is great beer but over hyped).

Reaction Score
If anyone finds themselves in Northern Virginia hit up Aslin in Herndon for some good Hazy IPA and Stouts. Cans to go only. No tap Room yet. IPA's are much like TreeHouse. Some you may like better.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Kent Falls doesn't seem to do it for me. I've had a few of their IPAs and none of them have stood out. Brought home Doubly Awkward Hug a few weeks ago and I thought it was only a little better than the average NEIPA.

Reaction Score
I am flying into CT Thursday evening, and have all day Friday to myself, and I want to explore the beer scene. I was planning on going to Treehouse, but anything else I need to do? I'll be staying in Orange.

Saw Hill Farmstead is releasing Clover again, and so I am debating making that trip, but I doubt it sticks around until Friday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom