Beer | Page 136 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Treehouse IPA’s are the best beers I’ve ever had anywhere in the world. Their stouts, pale ales, and brown ales are very average.

I’ve gotten into Counterweight in Hamden recently. They have a few tremendous IPA’s and their Void Stout is out of this world.

Reaction Score
With so many local breweries springing up in CT I now drink nothing but local CT beer. This spring a few friend and I are chartering a small bus and going on a CT brewery tour. Should be fun and interesting.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
My wife bought me a cutout of the state of Connecticut that you hang on the wall and there are holes where you can fit in bottle tops as you drink beers from the state. A pretty cool gift that I will enjoy filling up...the only problem is, most of the beers I drink nowadays are in cans. Any suggestions for good to great beers in CT that are still bottled?

Reaction Score
Treehouse IPA’s are the best beers I’ve ever had anywhere in the world. Their stouts, pale ales, and brown ales are very average.

I’ve gotten into Counterweight in Hamden recently. They have a few tremendous IPA’s and their Void Stout is out of this world.
I agree with you. The IPA’s at TH are outrageous... love No Filter, Vulture Culture, Blumpy, and I tried Locust Reign recently, thought it was solid.

Reaction Score
My wife bought me a cutout of the state of Connecticut that you hang on the wall and there are holes where you can fit in bottle tops as you drink beers from the state. A pretty cool gift that I will enjoy filling up...the only problem is, most of the beers I drink nowadays are in cans. Any suggestions for good to great beers in CT that are still bottled?
Road to Ruin from Two Roads is a good double IPA and they bottle it. Thimble Island still bottles their beer, check out Mutually Assured Desteuction, a very good aged barrel Stout.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Road to Ruin from Two Roads is a good double IPA and they bottle it. Thimble Island still bottles their beer, check out Mutually Assured Desteuction, a very good aged barrel Stout.

Two Roads is one of my favorite breweries; they were my first (and to date, only) addition to the board. Thimble Island is hit or miss for me, but I haven't tried Mutual Destruction yet; I'll have to grab a 4-pack of that before the weather warms up. Thanks for the referral.

Reaction Score
Two Roads is one of my favorite breweries; they were my first (and to date, only) addition to the board. Thimble Island is hit or miss for me, but I haven't tried Mutual Destruction yet; I'll have to grab a 4-pack of that before the weather warms up. Thanks for the referral.

Outside of Two Juicy and SOS they brew for Lawson’s I think Two Roads is garbage.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Best location/worst beer goes to Stony Creek hands down.
I agree with you, but I was at an event there a few weeks ago and I had an Imperial Stout that was actually very good. Far and away the best beer I've ever had from them. Don't like their IPAs at all.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I agree with you, but I was at an event there a few weeks ago and I had an Imperial Stout that was actually very good. Far and away the best beer I've ever had from them. Don't like their IPAs at all.
Their NEIPA is absolutely dreadful

Reaction Score
Their Crankenstein isn’t bad, but otherwise have to agree. The beer is unimpressive.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I have the same thing...and some problem. I haven’t bought bottled beer in a long time. Even the Sam or Harpoon mixed packs I typically get it I’m having people over are in cans now.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Rico...I am a big Thimble Island fan so their IPA (simple but solid) and MAD stouts are great. The Ghost Island IIPA is real good. I absolutely love their Island Hopper series (in cans, tho).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Went over Portsmouth this weekend and found Earth Eagle Brewings. I don’t like IPAs and have recently been drinking brown ales, porters and some sours. This place is a perfect dive. Yelp it and Facebook it and read the reviews. The vibe of this place was that you found something a little hidden like a club.

Also, I never heard of a gruit before and they had a couple here. I had one and it was strong and smooth. It was called Erebos and had star anise, cardamom and dandelion root? I got turnt on a few.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Also, I never heard of a gruit before and they had a couple here. I had one and it was strong and smooth. It was called Erebos and had star anise, cardamom and dandelion root? I got turnt on a few.

Are we still talking beer here or Indian food?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Outside of Two Juicy and SOS they brew for Lawson’s I think Two Roads is garbage.

Garbage is a little strong, don't you think? I mean do you really think they're awful, or just overrated? I really like Honeyspot IPA and Road 2 Ruin is really good on tap (not nearly as good bottled). Rye 95 was one of my favorites when they made it. The Road Jam was terrible, but everything else I've had by them is at least a solid offering. I haven't been to every brewery in the state but as far as the whole spectrum of what they make, City Steam is probably the only other brewery I've been to that is consistently better across their whole selection.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom