Beer | Page 127 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Had Two Roads Conntucky Lightnin last weekend and now I'm on a big bourbon barrel aged beer kick.

Sampled Boulevard Quad Barrel Ale and a New Holland Dragons Milk Stout. Both were super flavorful, kinda tasted like dessert.

Have you ever tried Goose Island BCBS?
Delicious...I think it was one of the first bourbon barrel aged stouts and still is one of the best!

Reaction Score
Another Home Run release at Overshores Brewing as part of the Twelve Percent Beer Project on Saturday. Evil Twin released a brilliant stout and another brewery came in from Maryland called Stillwater Artisenal Brew to release its IPA and that too was fantastic!

Reaction Score
Once I saw on Instagram that Triullium released Headroom, my wife and I quickly jumped in the car and made the two hour drive to Canton. Within a 15 min radius of Canton, we read on twitter that they sold out! I quickly called the Fort Point location, and on an empty tank of gas, weaving in and out of traffic, we got our 3 4 packs on Headroom! It's easily become one of my favorite beers.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
'Pistol Pete's 1888 Ale' announced as New Mexico State's first officially licensed beer

A special recipe designed to appease even the most snobby of craft beer drinkers.

That's how top officials at New Mexico State University and the brew masters they have partnered with describe "Pistol Pete's 1888 Ale," the school's first officially licensed beer.

To be unveiled at Bosque Brewing Co.'s taproom in Las Cruces on Thursday, the beer pays homage to the Aggies' gun-slinging mascot and recognizes the year the university was founded.

With the special brew, New Mexico State University becomes one of only a handful of colleges in the U.S. to have licensing agreements for branded beers, a move aimed at raising NMSU's profile and generating more revenue at a time when fundraising has become more challenging for higher education institutions nationwide.

"This is a very recent innovation, if you will," said NMSU President Garrey Carruthers, noting that school officials are unsure of how much money it will bring in for Aggie athletics.

Brewed in New Mexico by Bosque Brewing Co., the beer will be available first by draft at taprooms and at university sporting and fundraising events. By early next year, it will be ready for statewide distribution — packaged in special cans that are expected to feature the school's colors and fight song. Designs are awaiting regulatory approval.

It has taken months of planning by university officials and brewers. Names and marketing plans were even vetted by students before officials decided on "Pistol Pete's 88."

"We recruit very heavily in New Mexico so it's just another way of identifying the university," said Carruthers, explaining that great care was used in making the decision to license the beer given that alcohol can be a sensitive issue on college campuses.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Others have done this too apparently. I actually think it's a pretty good idea..

In Louisiana, university leaders embarked on similar branding deals to help fill budget gaps as lawmakers have stripped hundreds of millions of dollars in state financing from their campuses. LSU's officially licensed beer is Tin Roof Brewing Company's Bayou Bengal Lager. The University of Louisiana-Lafayette has a partnership with Bayou Teche Brewing for Ragin' Cajuns Genuine Louisiana Ale.

Earlier this summer, Tulane partnered with a New Orleans brewer to produce Green Wave Beer, which will be packaged in cans featuring the school's logo. It's expected to be flowing from taps at the stadium in time for the upcoming season opener. Plans also call for distribution in the New Orleans area this fall.

Colorado State has teamed up with Fort Collins-based New Belgium Brewing — known for Fat Tire and many more craft beers — to deliver the official Old Aggie Superior Lager in time for this football season. A portion of the sales will be donated to CSU's fermentation science and technology program, the athletic department and alcohol awareness programs.

Reaction Score
Can UConn make some strain of weed? A high school recruit analyst in FL used to nudge me for years about growing weed at UConn.

(Make sure it's a hybrid, with slight inclination towards indica!)

Reaction Score
Can UConn make some strain of weed? A high school recruit analyst in FL used to nudge me for years about growing weed at UConn.

(Make sure it's a hybrid, with slight inclination towards indica!)

Maybe uncle cliffy can make this a reality

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Has anyone been to the new Tree House? Any tips or is the protocol obvious?

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Seen in Brookings OR.
20170916_122921.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That was never a disqualifying characteristic before.

Was for me.

Boneyard has a great reputation, but isn't sold here on the east coast. Why not go with local stuff?

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
I had one of their beers at Rogue in Vancouver a few weeks ago. I don't remember a heck of a lot about it.

From my tasting notes:

"Yes. This is definitely beer."
Yes, it did have a pleasant hoppy bite to it but not overpowering like some.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Rolling Rock stopped brewing in glass lined tanks in 2015. We haven't had an NC since. Coincidence? I think not.

Time to switch.

Plus, let's be honest. It sucks. [Edit: @HuskyHawk got there first]

That was never a disqualifying characteristic before.

@tzzandrew and I watched the Kansas tourney game a couple years ago, and did the wings thing. Even a turkey sandwich and ketchup (which was a temporary Mojo thing at the time) iirc. But no Rocks.

We might have lost because of it. That and KU's ten 40 year olds they rolled out in shifts.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I had one of their beers at Rogue in Vancouver a few weeks ago. I don't remember a heck of a lot about it.

From my tasting notes:

"Yes. This is definitely beer."

Better than RR though?

Reaction Score
Brother swami needs to have the last word on whether the sacreds can be replaced as The Boneyards beer of choice. Until we hear from the swamster all other comments are just that.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Brother swami needs to have the last word on whether the sacreds can be replaced as The Boneyards beer of choice. Until we hear from the swamster all other comments are just that.

Swami's taste buds were all destroyed in 2001 in a gruesome wing-eating accident, ensuring that RRs would remain the official beer of the BY in perpetuity.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Swami's taste buds were all destroyed in 2001 in a gruesome wing-eating accident, ensuring that RRs would remain the official beer of the BY in perpetuity.

Was it an accident? Or did he destroy his tastebuds on purpose so he could continue to tolerate Rolling Rock.

Not sure we need an official beer anyway. Our fanbase region is loaded with breweries, any of those should work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom