BE Presidents: Hold your horses! | The Boneyard

BE Presidents: Hold your horses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ajerseyguy is saying this is not going down so easily.

Tweets from Aresco and Jacobs quoting Herbst confirm that there is a holdup.

Blaudschun, as usual, is way ahead of the media on this. While McMurphy reports things are done, Blaudschun says hold your horses, they are not. A week ago Blaud said this was all coming down the pike while McMurphy was picking his nose.

I admit when Blaud is full of it (frequently when he speculates) but would it kill the Blaud haters to acknowledge he has much better sources than all the rest?

Reaction Score
Mike Aresco @CommissionerBigEast
God my job totally sucks. I just keep trying - but conference just won't die.

Just woke up my daughter In a fit of stiffled laughter. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Ajerseyguy is saying this is not going down so easily.

Tweets from Aresco and Jacobs quoting Herbst confirm that there is a holdup.

Blaudschun, as usual, is way ahead of the media on this. While McMurphy reports things are done, Blaudschun says hold your horses, they are not. A week ago Blaud said this was all coming down the pike while McMurphy was picking his nose.

I admit when Blaud is full of it (frequently when he speculates) but would it kill the Blaud haters to acknowledge he has much better sources than all the rest?
Blauds has been right a lot more than he has been wrong. Can't such that often in the world of realignment.

I like the BE Presidents taking their time. Fox wants to announce the league on Tuesday. Hold out for as much as you can. The C7 are one the ones in a huge rush to get out. Tell them to give up all of their NCAA credits, exit fee money, and pay a reduced exit free per school to get out by July and have the name. Take it or leave it. With the pressure Fox is putting on them, they will pay it.

Some people were saying this before...besides getting invited to a new conference, this is the most important stage for UCONN. If they get enough money here, they can survive in this league for 3-5 years. If they aren't in the ACC or B!G by then, they are screwed. But lets be honest...odds greatly favor them being somewhere else in 3-5 years.

Reaction Score
I have no idea how this will play out, of course, but it is nice to see it not go down so easy. You can get kicked in the shin only so many times before you fight back.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I sense a counter proposal was made, nothing more. Notre Dame is pretty much resigned to it happening and mucking up their schedule for a year.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Here's Suzy's latest pronouncement from the ivory tower:

"We are very cohesive, and it's wonderful working with strong presidents from such fine research institutions," Herbst said in an email. "Everyone will need to show some patience, but it is clear that we are a great fit to this new league, one that will be ambitious in some novel ways. We will be a powerful conference and one to be proud of; lots of great competition ahead. Do please hold tight, have patience, and give Warde [Manuel], our coaches, and our students your full support. This is the best way fans help and enjoy."

Discuss.

Reaction Score

"We are very cohesive, and it's wonderful working with strong presidents from such fine research institutions," Herbst said in an email. "Everyone will need to show some patience, but it is clear that we are a great fit to this new league, one that will be ambitious in some novel ways. We will be a powerful conference and one to be proud of; lots of great competition ahead. Do please hold tight, have patience, and give Warde [Manuel], our coaches, and our students your full support. This is the best way fans help and enjoy."

Discuss.
That's what she should say right now. I like that she has the fn sense to say it. She needs to be more outspoken about how great we are

Reaction Score
Kevin McNamara@KevinMcNamara33
Have a good weekend Catholic 7;Big East's Mike Aresco: "We did not come to any conclusions regarding our negotiations with the other group."

Kevin McNamara@KevinMcNamara33
Media reports jumping the gun w Catholic 7 news; Football meeting in ATL today could yield little. Framework of a deal NOT signed off on.

Kevin McNamara
@KevinMcNamara33

Cover college basketball, Celtics, Red Sox and more for the Providence Journal.

Reaction Score

Discuss.

Is that a real quote or something from the Onion?

Reaction Score

Discuss.

In a five sentence statement Herbst uses the word patience twice. It seems every time she has referenced our conference situation since Lousiville was picked by the ACC she has used the word patience.
She is asking us to be patient. My guess, or my hope, is that she knows there is someplace better for us.

Reaction Score

Discuss.

Terrible. I thought you were joking until I read it in the Courant.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
First, these quotes are for the 90% who are not dying over this the way we are. And I get that.

But they'll make the 10% who know better purely homicidal.

"Ambitious in novel ways" - don't make me hate you in novel ways, lady.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The price of the early exit is all exit fees in escrow and renunciation of all tournament credits. The price of the Big East moniker is...go pound sand.

Reaction Score
I hope it's from the onio.

Great fit for this new league? You're kidding me.

Associated with strong research universities? Huh? Memphis, ECU, Houston, USF UCF? Is she playing a joke on us?

Reaction Score
Our situation sucks, it's hard to even fathom that we could be in this position but as mad as I've been with Warde and Susan we do have to be patient. We will end up somewhere else at some point, let's just hope it's sooner rather than later.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Here's what we have to look forward to....

NEW ORLEANS -- For the ninth time this year, a hurricane has disrupted Tulane's football schedule.
The Green Wave will play Central Florida on Friday instead of Saturday to avoid Hurricane Wilma, which is expected to hit central Florida on Saturday.

"Unfortunately, we have a lot of experience in dealing with these situations," said athletic director Rick Dickson, who found places for Tulane's athletes at four other universities after Hurricane Katrina filled New Orleans with water in late August.

Tulane, which sent some of its athletes to Texas, had to change schedules and cancel games again when Hurricane Rita headed that way.
"We've learned to adjust to everything this year," coach Chris Scelfo said. "This is just another obstacle we have to overcome. We appreciate UCF giving us the opportunity to get in and get out safely."

Nine of Tulane's 11 games have been rescheduled or changed because of hurricanes.

Reaction Score
How can she say "It's clear that we are a great fit to this new league"?

It's bad enough that there are others trashing us. She has to join them?

Just shut up!

Reaction Score
Blauds has been right a lot more than he has been wrong. Can't such that often in the world of realignment.

I like the BE Presidents taking their time. Fox wants to announce the league on Tuesday. Hold out for as much as you can. The C7 are one the ones in a huge rush to get out. Tell them to give up all of their NCAA credits, exit fee money, and pay a reduced exit free per school to get out by July and have the name. Take it or leave it. With the pressure Fox is putting on them, they will pay it.

Some people were saying this before...besides getting invited to a new conference, this is the most important stage for UCONN. If they get enough money here, they can survive in this league for 3-5 years. If they aren't in the ACC or B!G by then, they are screwed. But lets be honest...odds greatly favor them being somewhere else in 3-5 years.
We've been getting screwed often the last few years, I would say now it is our turn to twist the knife. If we let them use the BE name, and if we let them leave early, we should make them pay dearly. The sky's the limit. They can have the new Pope ask his flock to pass a few special trays to pay for it if need be (no offense meant to any Catholics)

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I hope it's from the onio.

Great fit for this new league? You're kidding me.

Associated with strong research universities? Huh? Memphis, ECU, Houston, USF UCF? Is she playing a joke on us?
Oh it's all too real. I should have linked it to the Courant. I think she is pleased to be associated with Tulane on some level.

Reaction Score
We've been getting screwed often the last few years, I would say now it is our turn to twist the knife. If we let them use the BE name, and if we let them leave early, we should make them pay dearly. The sky's the limit. They can have the new Pope ask his flock to pass a few special trays to pay for it if need be (no offense meant to any Catholics)
Totally agree, we are tired of being walked all over. We are the best sports school in the history of the Big East, if they want the name they better pay out their asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom