BC - Ripe for the Picking. What Say You? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BC - Ripe for the Picking. What Say You?

Reaction Score
As a BC fan, I see this as a UConn win. Better head coach on your sideline, players that believe in their coach and a historically weak BC offensive line. There is only 1 player on BC that is significantly better than average right now and that is Zay Flowers. Give the QB no time and confuse him with different looks out of the bye week and scheme Flowers correctly, and UConn wins by 10+.

Reaction Score
personal thought, no, BC will win by 3 touchdowns. Personal hope. Destroy those scumbags.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Need to play mistake free and catch a couple breaks to beat any power conference team even BC

Reaction Score
Winnable game. BC is not the same without Addazzio (never thought I'd type that).

Some talent, but their OL is a mess

Reaction Score
As a BC fan, I see this as a UConn win. Better head coach on your sideline, players that believe in their coach and a historically weak BC offensive line. There is only 1 player on BC that is significantly better than average right now and that is Zay Flowers. Give the QB no time and confuse him with different looks out of the bye week and scheme Flowers correctly, and UConn wins by 10+.
That’s nice and all, but UConn is playing without most of its best offensive players. The roster is skeletal due to injuries, almost all of which are to our top offensive skill players. We are missing our top 3 RBs and top 3-4 WRs along with our starting QB. BC fans should plan on winning, that’s the expectation. Of course, UConn might win, but it will be a mini miracle.

Reaction Score
We not good enough to beat anyone if we don't play well.
Very good fundamental advise for any team any sport from peewee up. ;) :D
It will be a massive upset if we win. The last time we saw our offense we couldn't do anything against Ball State.
Fingers crossed, hoping for the best, but expecting a BC blowout.
The last time we saw our offense we couldn't do anything against Ball State.
We lost that game by four points, says we did something against Ball State. With all due respect it must be a Mets fan thing, you have my sympathy. :(
Hope you have the fingers you cross at the game to cheer our team at the game on Saturday. We are 7 to 10 point under dogs. Not an insurmountable task by any means. Let's get a little Mora behind our team! ;)

Reaction Score
I can't imagine BC cares much about this game. They are struggling and coming off two drubbings to ranked teams.
Not to be a buzz kill, but that sounds like what the Miami area FIU optimists said about their game vs UConn. They mused about the extent of our motivation in traveling on the road to an uninspired stadium setting after coming off three drubbings to ranked teams.

We’ll see just how “uninspired” BC may be early in the contest. The key here will be the early drives of both teams. If we hold them twice without scoring we may become emboldened, but if they snuff us out twice, any doubt that creeps in could (like a forecast of light snow) build into something much deeper.
I see this game as either an outright win for the Huskies or a “spread won’t matter” loss, So with that, this cockeyed optimist will be taking the Huskies on the money line.

Reaction Score
It will be a massive upset if we win. The last time we saw our offense we couldn't do anything against Ball State.
Fingers crossed, hoping for the best, but expecting a BC blowout.
You’re only correct as long as the refs in that Ball State game continued calling it like they did.

Reaction Score
This is far from the best UConn team BC has played. But it’s also not the worst. This is, clearly, the worst BC team UConn has played.

I think the odds I’m seeing — that we have somewhere in the 3 of 10 to 1 of 3 range to win — sounds about right. I still think the odds are much higher with a healthy Houston
Even without Houston I think the odds are better against a team that has given up 1200 yards in rushing so far this season.

Reaction Score
This is about the best situation you could reasonably ask for....sans our injuries. BC is a little small and a little young on paper. They are not who was expected this year and at the moment they don't appear positioned to just turn it on... but every game is different. We will need all our guys to edge this out; Houston, Marion, Swenson, Durante Jones, Rosa, etc on the field. There is a punchers chance here, especially if Marion can give us a few catches (play 50% of the snaps?) and Houston can be a threat in the backfield.
I don’t think you will see Houston . I also am not sure you see Swenson. BC has in the past looked like a pro team playing a high school team when we have met. I hope we can knock them off

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I hate BCU so much I really can't think straight. Like when the Sox played the Yanks pre-2004 with the same sense of foreboding. But it only takes once...

Reaction Score
Houston averages three yards a carry more than Rosa. No matter how poor BC is at stopping the run, it’s a huge difference.

Agreed. Houston is a level or two above Rosa as a RB. Rosa is a great multipurpose player that can also run it.

I see Rosa as an Edelman type player with a full roster. He’s just running it regularly now because he has to.

Reaction Score
Houston averages three yards a carry more than Rosa. No matter how poor BC is at stopping the run, it’s a huge difference.
With both of them I think we win easily, with just Rosa I think we still win. I’m sure after watching film Mora will design some run or pass options for Zion, as well as Millen.

Reaction Score
Let's defeat BC hockey Thursday before proclaiming our superiority. Student attendance would be nice.
The polls are good enough for me. But sure, let them settle it on the ice!

1666921024598.png

Reaction Score
It's our time now. We've been waiting a long time to adminster a beat down on the hated crew from Chestnut Hill. They're a bottom feeder ACC team (And have been for two decades plus in football and hoops) that's ripe for the picking. They'll have their chests puffed out getting off the bus as 9 point favorite. I have a good feeling about what Mora has in store coming off a bye week. The key is establishing the line of scrimmage and getting a lead. Making them play from behind and unleashing our edge rushers. This will be step one of announcing our NE college football presence, with step two being a stomping of UMESS. (They play New Mexico State - who in their right mind would go to that game?) Time to be all in and get to the Rent. Remember that BC black balled us from the ACC.
Two bad teams going in opposite directions or at least sideways.

Reaction Score
I tuned into this game last night. the pack rallied from 21-3 to comeback and help UCONN's ranking, I would assume.

1666964611784.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom