BC - Ripe for the Picking. What Say You? | The Boneyard

BC - Ripe for the Picking. What Say You?

Reaction Score
It's our time now. We've been waiting a long time to adminster a beat down on the hated crew from Chestnut Hill. They're a bottom feeder ACC team (And have been for two decades plus in football and hoops) that's ripe for the picking. They'll have their chests puffed out getting off the bus as 9 point favorite. I have a good feeling about what Mora has in store coming off a bye week. The key is establishing the line of scrimmage and getting a lead. Making them play from behind and unleashing our edge rushers. This will be step one of announcing our NE college football presence, with step two being a stomping of UMESS. (They play New Mexico State - who in their right mind would go to that game?) Time to be all in and get to the Rent. Remember that BC black balled us from the ACC.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This is a low motivation game for BC and a high motivation game for UConn.

I can't imagine BC cares much about this game. They are struggling...there are rumblings that their coach is on the hot seat. They are coming off two dubbings to ranked teams.

They are deeper than UConn...and should be able to handle UConn...but mentally UConn has the edge.

That's UConn's best shot...winning the mental game.

Reaction Score
So far this year, UConn has looked markedly worse against P5 talent than the G5. Both lines have been good, but didn't have the size and depth to compete with Syracuse, Michigan or NC State. We'll see this weekend whether it applies to lower-tier P5 as well.

Reaction Score
BC has always been bigger and faster even when we we’re a better program than we are today. My brain doesn’t see a chance on Saturday. My heart says why not us, why not now?

This is far from the best UConn team BC has played. But it’s also not the worst. This is, clearly, the worst BC team UConn has played.

I think the odds I’m seeing — that we have somewhere in the 3 of 10 to 1 of 3 range to win — sounds about right. I still think the odds are much higher with a healthy Houston

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I can't imagine BC cares much about this game. They are struggling...there are rumblings that their coach is on the hot seat. They are coming off two dubbings to ranked teams.

They are deeper than UConn...and should be able to handle UConn...but mentally UConn has the edge.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that they don’t want to lose this game. Coming off two losses and having their “coach on the hot seat“ is just more motivation.

Reaction Score
BC stinks, but they stink in the context of 'worst team in the ACC'. Put them in, say, the MAC, MWC, CUSA or the Sun Belt (not so much American) and they'd probably be over .500 based on athletic advantages alone; I'm using these G5s as a proxy for where we should probably aim roster-wise in the next few years competitively.

I stopped putting the dog sled in front of the Husky years ago when it comes to the program; so I prefer to see how things play out Saturday. We have a shot, tho, if Mora pushes the right buttons and we can get a few turnovers.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This is about the best situation you could reasonably ask for....sans our injuries. BC is a little small and a little young on paper. They are not who was expected this year and at the moment they don't appear positioned to just turn it on... but every game is different. We will need all our guys to edge this out; Houston, Marion, Swenson, Durante Jones, Rosa, etc on the field. There is a punchers chance here, especially if Marion can give us a few catches (play 50% of the snaps?) and Houston can be a threat in the backfield.

Reaction Score
BC will give UConn all they can handle. We will need our A game to have any shot of winning this game. Hope we can keep the game close until the 4th quarter then pull out a miracle at the end.

Reaction Score

I hope you're right. I don't know about their two previous drubbings being good for us. They are looking to get well against us and have fun kicking ass against what they perceive as an inferior team.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I don't know about their two previous drubbings being good for us.
Meaning....their confidence might be shaken. And...playing at UConn in front of 20k fans is a let down after higher profile games.

Reaction Score
With Houston and Marion I’d say we have about a 20% chance. We’re just too depleted even with those guys playing.

Reaction Score

Perhaps it is low motivation, but BCU needs this game because it may not get another W the rest of the season. More importantly, BCU is the hockey school which UCONN has now surpassed this season. That leaves football as BCU's last hook on which to hang its helmet.

Reaction Score
Perhaps it is low motivation, but BCU needs this game because it may not get another W the rest of the season. More importantly, BCU is the hockey school which UCONN has now surpassed this season. That leaves football as BCU's last hook on which to hang its helmet.
Let's defeat BC hockey Thursday before proclaiming our superiority. Student attendance would be nice.

Reaction Score
Of course we can beat them. But, I’ve thought that many times in the past. Got to play 4Qs and can’t go turtle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom