BC Dominating the Boston/New England Market | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BC Dominating the Boston/New England Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
as it only would serve to hijack the thread from its original topic..

Ok, The op was about how BCU can't even get covered at its home opener. Sad and pathetic.

Now, go lash out at someone else to take the focus away from your suckiness

Reaction Score
And I bet we mostly agree that you are a bouchedag.

Maybe. Who knows. I don't engage in obscene vulgarity towards others.. even with those who might deserve such from their uncalled personal insult vulgarities ( its says more about the vulgar user thn the recipient of the vulgarity, imo anyway.). Besides, I'm guessing, most here believe you did not mean to hurl the vulgarity insult to me of " bouchebag", but another vularity that rymnes with it.. but whatever. I done now on this topic as I can see that a couple here are not interested in dialogue on Blauds, BC, but it simply launching vulgarities and whatnot. I can handle criticisms of my comments, but the vulgarity insults are boring for me... and beneath me to engage in such trash talking anyway. So all have a good afternoon.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
I done now on this topic as I can see that a couple here are not interested in dialogue on Blauds.

Sorry we didn't go for your threadjack to attack a guy who has suffered and been displaced by a rapidly evolving media world.

Don't try to pretend to take the high road after you tried to score points by mocking his personal misfortune.

Reaction Score
Sorry we didn't go for your threadjack to attack a guy who has suffered and been displaced by a rapidly evolving media world.

Don't try to pretend to take the high road after you tried to score points by mocking his personal misfortune.

Well there's an excellent point.

Reaction Score
Context is everything. Blauds was more than willing to mock BC under their current football misfortunes ( fair game). As such, it seems proper for me to mock his football coverage misfortune of becoming irrelevent to all this, by his getting canned from the very paper ( Globe ) that he alleges... incorrectly.... will not send a Globe reporter to cover the BC football game vs. lower tier Wagner. Also, I did not use any vulgarity, nor profanity in my reply about him... nor with any other posters on here.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I hear you regarding BC home football game attendance, but Uconn football is giving away free tickets now to its home football games, but still can't fill up the Rent for games off campus in Hartford. So I'm not so sure Uconn football fans should be pointing fingers at other school's " attendance ", when they have their own issues on home games football attendance at the moment. Just sayin'.
To be fair man... we were playing Maine...

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Context is everything.

Really? When you pretended to take the high road and promised to leave, I took the context as the door hitting you azzs on the way out.

And let, you are still trying to justify mocking a man's personal misfortune.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
A Pig taking the high road:

he now charges the remaining 2 dozen or so highly naive subscription readers of his highly dubious " inside sources scoops " a few bucks to allow this obese, down and outer, the ability to pay his utility bills from his worksite.... in at home.... in his basement.... now. Talk about " irrlevent " in Boston. Blauds is totally invisible in Boston these days now to 99.9% of Boston Sports fans. 95% of whom could not tell you if he's dead or alive anymore since being canned at the Boston Globe.​

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I kinda like "bouchebag" for YW; may save that for future use... you think it's pronounced booshay? Pet names are a sign of affection right?

Reaction Score
To be fair man... we were playing Maine...
Fair point. it was Maine that Uconn played. I " get " that. For context as well,, Blauds is "mocking" BC today , and its a BC game vs. Wagner he's talking about... and Wagner is even worse a football program and far less interesting a game than even Maine would be. BC should give free tickets to anyone in Boston to this game the same way Uconn did for those in Hartford that might have wanted to see Uconn play Maine for free too, imo.

Reaction Score
YW
What has happened in the world since BC won an ACC game in football or basketball?

Wagner plays in a league with Central Connecticut don't they? Do you have a home and home on this one?

Reaction Score
BC is under tough times athletically at the moment, no question about it.Its pathetic however how far Blauds has fallen. He was canned by this same Boston Globe, and is now so irrelevant in Boston to Boston Sports fans that he now charges the remaining 2 dozen or so highly naive subscription readers of his highly dubious " inside sources scoops " a few bucks to allow this obese, down and outer, the ability to pay his utility bills from his worksite.... in at home.... in his basement.... now. Talk about " irrlevent " in Boston. Blauds is totally invisible in Boston these days now to 99.9% of Boston Sports fans. 95% of whom could not tell you if he's dead or alive anymore since being canned at the Boston Globe.

And yet, he's relevant enough that you felt the need to come to another team's board and spend a full paragraph talking about how irrelevant he is.

Am I the only one who sees a logical inconsistency?

Reaction Score
YW
What has happened in the world since BC won an ACC game in football or basketball?

Wagner plays in a league with Central Connecticut don't they? Do you have a home and home on this one?
No. Wagner and CCU are not in the same football league, freescooer. its ridiculous when schools schedule these level teams, imo. Nothing good comes from these games for programs like Uconn, BC and the like. Stony Brook is similar to Wagner, imo... maybe Wagner is worse, who knows, who cares. Two years ago at the Rent, as you know Stony Brook almost beat Uconn( 19-16 ), and Stony Brook ( 1AA) beat Div.2 American International College ( Ma. ) 20-3 the following week. ( AIC lost to New Haven 31-7 later in '14 ) Uconn and BC get nothing at all playing these type of football programs, imo... only a possible scare of their lives if they don't take them seriously. Blauds is right to the extent, that there is about as much interest in Boston this weekend with BC playing Wagner as there was in Connecticut when Uconn played Stony Brook at the Rent. Few care about these type games, imo

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This thread is about BC Football... " attendance " was brought up on the thread... I responded to that. You subsequently brought up the irrelevant basketball pic, and the BC Basketball irrelevent issue to this thread topic. I did not mention BC Basketball as you apparently do not follow you own advice to " read and reply " to what the thread topic is about. Thats not my concern, nor my " problem ".
What isn't irrelevant is the word irrelevant being in a post about BCU.

Reaction Score
Kinda funny how this @Yawkey Way harsly reprimands me and places me on ignore and is jolly with the rest of y'all.

He's a troll.

Reaction Score
I still don't understand the hate for Blauds.
You'd have to ask the people at Boston Globe for why. Its pretty clear they" hated" his work ( and/ or his conduct ) to the point that they felt the need to take the drastic measure to give him the boot there at the Boston Globe.

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
You'd have to ask the people at Boston Globe for why. Its pretty clear they" hated" his work ( and/ or his conduct ) to the point that they felt the need to take the drastic measure to give him the boot there at the Boston Globe.
Here's an actual question you may not know the answer to: Was he fired or just took a retirement buyout as so many other print journalists have over the past decade? Because it's pretty common for print guys who have a few years on them to have been cast loose upon a job market that can't use them.

Reaction Score

That is so unbelievably ignorant that I'm hard pressed to understand how you can figure out how to use a computer. Traditional media jobs are being cut back every day. People are losing them not because they are not doing their jobs adequately, but because -- like steelworkers -- the market does not support the number of jobs in an industry that it used to. Like the steel industry.

Yet you, the almighty one, feel free to assume that a man lost their job because of their performance for the incredibly important reason that he shared his observation of the state of your football program.

Your mother must be so proud. Please go away.

Reaction Score
No. Wagner and CCU are not in the same football league, freescooer. its ridiculous when schools schedule these level teams, imo. Nothing good comes from these games for programs like Uconn, BC and the like. Stony Brook is similar to Wagner, imo... maybe Wagner is worse, who knows, who cares. Two years ago at the Rent, as you know Stony Brook almost beat Uconn( 19-16 ), and Stony Brook ( 1AA) beat Div.2 American International College ( Ma. ) 20-3 the following week. ( AIC lost to New Haven 31-7 later in '14 ) Uconn and BC get nothing at all playing these type of football programs, imo... only a possible scare of their lives if they don't take them seriously. Blauds is right to the extent, that there is about as much interest in Boston this weekend with BC playing Wagner as there was in Connecticut when Uconn played Stony Brook at the Rent. Few care about these type games, imo
All Credibility is gone:

2016 NEC FOOTBALL STANDINGSincluding contests through 9/17/2016
SCHOOL NEC PCT. OVERALL PCT. STREAK HOME AWAY NEUTRAL
Sacred Heart 0-0 0.000 3-0 1.000 W3 2-0 1-0 0-0
Wagner 0-0 0.000 2-0 1.000 W2 2-0 0-0 0-0
Duquesne 0-0 0.000 2-1 0.667 W2 2-0 0-1 0-0
Bryant 0-0 0.000 1-2 0.333 L2 1-1 0-1 0-0
Central Connecticut 0-0 0.000 1-2 0.333 W1 1-1 0-1 0-0
Saint Francis U 0-0 0.000 1-2 0.333 W1 0-0 1-2 0-0
Robert Morris 0-0 0.000 0-3 0.000 L3 0-1 0-2 0-0

Reaction Score
That is so unbelievably ignorant that I'm hard pressed to understand how you can figure out how to use a computer. Traditional media jobs are being cut back every day. People are losing them not because they are not doing their jobs adequately, but because -- like steelworkers -- the market does not support the number of jobs in an industry that it used to. Like the steel industry.

Yet you, the almighty one, feel free to assume that a man lost their job because of their performance for the incredibly important reason that he shared his observation of the state of your football program.

Your mother must be so proud. Please go away.
And on top of that, feels the need to play the holier than thou card because he didn't swear. Give me a break.

Reaction Score
BC Interruption - Where Do We Go From Here?

Oh, @Yawkey Way - curious how you know this ("his info is WRONG, by the way.. Globe, and other Boston media outlts WILL have beat writers there for the FCS Wagner game") to be fact on the Tuesday before the game.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Bouchebags bona fides (or lack thereof) have been well established on this board many times. You almost want to feel sorry for a guy so lonely that he wants to hang out in a place where he knows everything he says is going to piss people off. Then he starts typing and you forget all about feeling sorry for him, you just end up being pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom