BC’s Hafley takes job as Packers DC | Page 5 | The Boneyard

BC’s Hafley takes job as Packers DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounds like BC is going to hire Bill O'Brien, would be a solid hire for them
On paper it's a good fit. BOB clearly has an affinity for New England, so he may stick around long enough to build a solid foundation in Chestnut Hill. My guess is that he'll be able to attract some good QBs and TEs but struggle bringing in enough talent elsewhere to actually be competitive in The ACC. He could put a dent in recruiting for programs like Rutgers, Syracuse, and Pitt who recruit the same level of talent.

I'm guessing a ceiling of around 8-4 for the program will be the norm with some 6-6 & 7-5 type years thrown in. BC's Fanbase is mostly apathetic so that will probably buy him 5+ years if he wants to stay that long. Boston Media can give a F all about BC, so he won't encounter the crushing scrutiny that he faced in State College or Tuscaloosa. What will be interesting is seeing how he navigates the new world of college football with the transfer portal and NIL. BOB is a football coach plain and simple. He's not great at kissing a** and glad handing. How quickly he adapts to these changes will determine how quickly he gets that mess turned around.

Reaction Score
O'Brien should do a good job at BC as long as he hires some good recruiters. I think he wants to be at BC as he grew up in the Boston area and went to Brown. O'Brien's wife went to Boston College and her college roommate is married to Doug Marrone.

Reaction Score
O'Brien should do a good job at BC as long as he hires some good recruiters. I think he wants to be at BC as he grew up in the Boston area and went to Brown. O'Brien's wife went to Boston College and her college roommate is married to Doug Marrone.
Son is a pitcher @ Tufts as well.

Reaction Score
This sucks for us. Just when I thought we had caught up with them after the ‘22 season. The Mora>Hafley was the biggest advantage we had but now it has flipped

Reaction Score
This sucks for us. Just when I thought we had caught up with them after the ‘22 season. The Mora>Hafley was the biggest advantage we had but now it has flipped
Grow up

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Ok Mr Ostrich. Our main rival was on the cliff but pulled off the great escape. It sucks.
He isn’t Saban. I think you are giving hiim too much credit. I do think he is a good hire for BC. But is he any better of a coach than Mora…that‘s debatable.

Reaction Score
He isn’t Saban. I think you are giving hiim too much credit. I do think he is a good hire for BC. But is he any better of a coach than Mora…that‘s debatable.
They did a thing. We move on. You want NE football to be a thing then you'll need those scumbags to be decent at football. I only hate them because they're terrible people who treat people like crap and ive seen it personally. It is better for uconn for both to be good.

Reaction Score
They did a thing. We move on. You want NE football to be a thing then you'll need those scumbags to be decent at football. I only hate them because they're terrible people who treat people like crap and ive seen it personally. It is better for uconn for both to be good.
Yeah this is true. At the end of the day, New England is not respected in college football right now. BC being good is probably good for us/region.

Reaction Score
Unlike you I have a stake in the success of the University of Connecticut. But you wouldn't know anything about that.
A financial interest in the university? How is that possible?

Reaction Score
BOB is light years better than Mora. He did a very good job at PSU and with the Texans. He will recruit very well at BCU with his resume. He will raise a lot of NIL money for BCU. This is an epic hire for that program. The big question is “what is the UConn response “? I think we should fire Mora now and hire Chip Kelly. We need to respond or we will be completely irrelevant.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I think you responded to the wrong person.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
BOB is light years better than Mora. He did a very good job at PSU and with the Texans. He will recruit very well at BCU with his resume. He will raise a lot of NIL money for BCU. This is an epic hire for that program. The big question is “what is the UConn response “? I think we should fire Mora now and hire Chip Kelly. We need to respond or we will be completely irrelevant.
is this a serious reply?

I think you forget how much Mora has accomplished. He is comparable to O’Brien.

Kelly…the guy who hates recruiting and NIL...yeah…he would be a perfect fit.

Reaction Score
I think you responded to the wrong person.
My comment was supportive in that case. He's saying they hired a guy. It isn't the end of the world. So in my way I'm saying likewise, is not the end of the world.

Reaction Score
A financial interest in the university? How is that possible?
Well, you see, when you're an alumni of a school and they do good, people irrationally think better of you...

I signed on affirmatively to UConn as a grad student because I saw the stuff they were doing at the time and thought they were on the rise.

Reaction Score
I think we're going to see some spicy recruiting battles between BC, Syracuse, and Rutgers throughout the Northeast for that second tier of recruits. The additions of BOB and Fran Brown will hurt teams like Pitt, Temple, UVA, and a few others that need these mid to low 3 stars to fill out their rosters. No doubt in my mind that he'll still be able to pull quarterbacks and tight ends out of the portal. As for Chip Kelly, I think that ship has sailed. His actions scream that he wants nothing to do with being a HC in modern CFB. NIL and Transfer Portal we're a complete turnoff for him. Dude wants to diagram plays on an IPad.

Reaction Score
I don't care how good a coach BOB is, BC isn't going anywhere. They will remain uncompetitive for top recruits as the school is simply not committed to competing at the highest level of college athletics.

Reaction Score
What did they do to you? Did they make you watch their basketball highlights from 2014?

Reaction Score
I don't care how good a coach BOB is, BC isn't going anywhere. They will remain uncompetitive for top recruits as the school is simply not committed to competing at the highest level of college athletics.
Things seem to have changed up there at BCU. supposedly they are paying BOB 5 million per year. They just hired away the Florida strength and conditioning coach.

Reaction Score
Well, you see, when you're an alumni of a school and they do good, people irrationally think better of you...

I signed on affirmatively to UConn as a grad student because I saw the stuff they were doing at the time and thought they were on the rise.
I’m a 3rd generation undergrad and my disgust with UConn is their continued horrible management. I think we can both agree that UConn should be a top 20 football program with a full share B1G invite. If BCU gets really good they will get the B1G invite and we will be screwed once again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom