BC’s Hafley takes job as Packers DC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

BC’s Hafley takes job as Packers DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Disagree. UConn did not put in maximum effort to go big time in football over those years. And, the coaching hires were atrocious, PP, Diaco, Edsall 2.0. Think about this. PP was hired 11 years after being fired at Syracuse for being stale! Until Mora was hired, I don't feel that any UConn leader stood up and explained to the fan base/boosters why football was important and what it would take to be successful. That is the complete opposite from what Cincinnati and UCF did and they are now in the Big 12.
You make it sound like PP was sitting on his porch for 11 years after being fired at SU (because McNabb graduated). He was in the NFL. At the time I thought he’d be good for us, with really strong support from CT high schools. I thought kids would buy into working with NFL types. I didn’t plan on the old guys forgetting they were dealing with kids.

I like much of what I’ve seen from Mora, but I really hope he gets a DC, and gets someone to help the OC (who doesn’t appear to be going anywhere). Oh, and better ST too.

Reaction Score
I’m a third generation UConn fan, not a Johnny come lately like you.
Unlike you I have a stake in the success of the University of Connecticut. But you wouldn't know anything about that.

Reaction Score
I always have respect by those who pulled themselves up.

Give Farrell credit for being a kid who didn't play sports, didn't have parents to hook him up, had no advantages of his HS or hometown, and had to start from scratch.
Regardless of how dismissive he was towards UConn football, across college football he's earned respect.

Never forget the damage he did. Screw him.

Reaction Score
Struggling at what? They were Top 10 last year. They’ve never been on Ohio State or Michigan’s level. This is like a golden age for them,
Finished 13th this year. Last 4 seasons: unranked, unranked, 7th, 13th. This is not the golden era of Penn State football. Franklin is 1-9 and 3-7 against Ohio State and Michigan.

In the first 5 years Penn St. joined the Big 10 under Paterno, Penn St. was 3-2 against Ohio State and 2-3 against Michigan.

I think Penn St. fans are frustrated with Franklin as he can't get over the hump and they are ready to see a change. In 10 years at Penn St., Franklin's highest final ranking is 7th (2x).

Reaction Score
Unlike you I have a stake in the success of the University of Connecticut. But you wouldn't know anything about that.
Doesn’t every taxpayer in the state have a stake?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Never forget the damage he did. Screw him.

Damage he did?

Lol. Did he recommend hiring PP, Diaco or RE2.0?

That was the damage done.

Was he a friend of the program or a cheerleader? Hell no. But nothing he does in his profession should be more important than how UConn handled thing internally.

Reaction Score
Damage he did?

Lol. Did he recommend hiring PP, Diaco or RE2.0?

That was the damage done.

Was he a friend of the program or a cheerleader? Hell no. But nothing he does in his profession should be more important than how UConn handled thing internally.

Before then genius. The guy is a total pos.

Reaction Score
As much as I despise Mike Farrell, he hit it out of the park with his commentary on Sirius-XM this morning as the guest of Childers & Neuheusel. He said that BC will be irrelevant in the future because they have a small non-caring fan base. What fans they DO have don't like fighting the traffic on Commonwealth Ave., & if they choose to attend the games, arrive late in the first quarter & leave starting in the Mid-third quarter. The won't be able to attract great coaching going forward & should be satisfied with a .500 season record,
Then, he piled on & said that the same fate awaits Rutgers once Schiano leaves.

Priceless!

Man, what I would give for .500 seasons .... sigh...

Reaction Score
In parts of the state. It's not a statewide thing. Litchfield and Fairfield county don't give a crap about UConn
There is an electronic dog fence running along Rte. 8

Reaction Score
Finished 13th this year. Last 4 seasons: unranked, unranked, 7th, 13th. This is not the golden era of Penn State football. Franklin is 1-9 and 3-7 against Ohio State and Michigan.

In the first 5 years Penn St. joined the Big 10 under Paterno, Penn St. was 3-2 against Ohio State and 2-3 against Michigan.

I think Penn St. fans are frustrated with Franklin as he can't get over the hump and they are ready to see a change. In 10 years at Penn St., Franklin's highest final ranking is 7th (2x).

That’s not struggling. That’s Penn State.

Reaction Score
In parts of the state. It's not a statewide thing. Litchfield and Fairfield county don't give a crap about UConn

I don’t agree about Litchfield. Not everyone that lives there is from New York.

Reaction Score
You make it sound like PP was sitting on his porch for 11 years after being fired at SU (because McNabb graduated). He was in the NFL. At the time I thought he’d be good for us, with really strong support from CT high schools. I thought kids would buy into working with NFL types. I didn’t plan on the old guys forgetting they were dealing with kids.

I like much of what I’ve seen from Mora, but I really hope he gets a DC, and gets someone to help the OC (who doesn’t appear to be going anywhere). Oh, and better ST too.

You guys are both way off base.

Pasqualoni was hired 7 years after getting let go from Syracuse which was at the end of the 2004 season.

McNabb graduated in 1998.

Pasqualoni was let go because he couldn’t recruit and the program hadn’t adapted to the modern game. He was a decent Xs and Os guy but he couldn’t do all the other stuff to make the magic happen. Which he further demonstrated at UConn.

He was hired as a caretaker by Hathaway. It was literally a slow moving car crash. CT high schools? Who cares?!? Morons.

Reaction Score
Go-ahead.

Educate me.

Most of this went down a little before my time, but I caught the tail end of it. As one of the lead analysts on Rivals dot com he used to deliberately downgrade our recruits once they committed to UConn. Most notably Dan Orlowski sky. He is a BC fan and was connected to EagleAction.

He and Edsall had a feud of sorts over this.. I think Edsall eventually cut off most access to Rivals. Which might have been counter productive.

There are definitely some people here who could fill you in better. Like much better. They might even have the paper trail. But Farrell was UConn public enemy #1 for quite a while.

Reaction Score
Most of this went down a little before my time, but I caught the tail end of it. As one of the lead analysts on Rivals dot com he used to deliberately downgrade our recruits once they committed to UConn. Most notably Dan Orlowski sky. He is a BC fan and was connected to EagleAction.

He and Edsall had a feud of sorts over this.. I think Edsall eventually cut off most access to Rivals. Which might have been counter productive.

There are definitely some people here who could fill you in better. Like much better. They might even have the paper trail. But Farrell was UConn public enemy #1 for quite a while.
Yes, the man is corrupt as hell. There is no qualifiers here.

Reaction Score
I didn’t research
You guys are both way off base.

Pasqualoni was hired 7 years after getting let go from Syracuse which was at the end of the 2004 season.

McNabb graduated in 1998.

Pasqualoni was let go because he couldn’t recruit and the program hadn’t adapted to the modern game. He was a decent Xs and Os guy but he couldn’t do all the other stuff to make the magic happen. Which he further demonstrated at UConn.

He was hired as a caretaker by Hathaway. It was literally a slow moving car crash. CT high schools? Who cares?!? Morons.
I didn’t research everything in the original post. My bad.

Reaction Score
What fans they DO have don't like fighting the traffic on Commonwealth Ave., ....
The pleasures of on campus stadiums in places not built to handle huge crowds. And they even have the T.

Reaction Score
The pleasures of on campus stadiums in places not built to handle huge crowds. And they even have the T.
BC's stadium was built to hold about 26k and then expanded to 32k until ~1994 when it was expanded to 44.5k. I think the final expansion was too much for the location. Back in the 80s, BC played some big games like Penn St. and Alabama at Foxboro Stadium which made sense.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is anyone worried that BC will try to steal our DC now that they are looking for one? Oh wait...

Reaction Score

From a Penn State Fan's Perspective, you would be hard pressed to find anyone who would consider this current era of football a golden age. Saying this is laughable to a program that has had multiple undefeated seasons, National Titles, and won every major bowl game except for The Peach Bowl prior to the last 10 years taking place.

When you consider the state of the roster that CJF took over in 2014, most reasonable fans understand that a ton of good has been accomplished over the last decade. That's the rub though, most REASONABLE fans. Having multiple double digit win seasons, top ten finishes, and wins in The Fiesta, Cotton, and Rose Bowls would be amazing to most fanbases. That said a very vocal minority of our fanbase only views success as beating UM and OSU. There is no other success to them. By this self-created metric CJF has failed more than he has prevailed. This gets them howling mad LOL. With the playoff expanding, the goal posts will move again to CJF not winning a national championship.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I have never understood this “flagship” stuff. URI is the flagship of Rhode Island and ZooMass for Massachusetts. So what? This is not the South or Midwest where people have pride in their state. Sadly, very few non-alumni of our great school care that much. As the post above noted, BC and other eastern schools will have a tough time competing against SEC and Big 10, but we are in even worse shape. Did you notice the protests on campus last week about the UConn budget cuts? We are on thin ice across all departments.
People who live in CT care about UCONN even if they did not go to the school. Almost no-one cares about BC; in fact, more people up here dislike BC than cheer for the teams.

Reaction Score
Sounds like BC is going to hire Bill O'Brien, would be a solid hire for them

Reaction Score
People who live in CT care about UCONN even if they did not go to the school. Almost no-one cares about BC; in fact, more people up here dislike BC than cheer for the teams.
Some of that is natural jealousy from umess and bu people, just like people from the regional state schools here resent UConn grads. Non-alums in Connecticut will show some interest in the basketball team but the football team is ignored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom