BC’s Hafley takes job as Packers DC | The Boneyard

BC’s Hafley takes job as Packers DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As much as I despise Mike Farrell, he hit it out of the park with his commentary on Sirius-XM this morning as the guest of Childers & Neuheusel. He said that BC will be irrelevant in the future because they have a small non-caring fan base. What fans they DO have don't like fighting the traffic on Commonwealth Ave., & if they choose to attend the games, arrive late in the first quarter & leave starting in the Mid-third quarter. The won't be able to attract great coaching going forward & should be satisfied with a .500 season record,
Then, he piled on & said that the same fate awaits Rutgers once Schiano leaves.

Priceless!

Reaction Score
Can't blame him for taking that job. He did a decent job at BC and probably left them in a better position than when he was hired.
He did not do a decent job at BC. He did worse than Addazio who was fired. Word on the street is that he would probably be fired after the upcoming season and the main reason he was coming back for the 2024 season is he had too big of a buyout. BC was 27-24 overall and 14-18 in the ACC in the 4 years before Hafley got there under Addazio and Hafley was 22-26 overall and 12-22 in the ACC during his 4 years. His best year was 2020, his first year, with Addazio's players.

Reaction Score
As a Packers fan - I'm not sure how to feel about this. Barry definitely needed to go but I don't know what to think about this as a hire.

Reaction Score
As much as I despise Mike Farrell, he hit it out of the park with his commentary on Sirius-XM this morning as the guest of Childers & Neuheusel. He said that BC will be irrelevant in the future because they have a small non-caring fan base. What fans they DO have don't like fighting the traffic on Commonwealth Ave., & if they choose to attend the games, arrive late in the first quarter & leave starting in the Mid-third quarter. The won't be able to attract great coaching going forward & should be satisfied with a .500 season record,

Priceless!
BC needs to hire the right coach and they have fumbled the last 3 football coaching hires and they allow mediocre or worse head coaches to hang around:

Spaziani: 4 years 22-29 overall, 13-19 in the ACC
Addazio: 7 years 44-44 overall, 22-34 in the ACC
Hafley: 4 years 22-26 overall, 12-22 in the ACC

The last time BC was ranked to end the season was in 2007.

The real problem with BC athletics is Father Leahy, the President of BC. He just doesn't seem that interested in having successful athletics unlike the previous president, Father Monan. Reportedly, he is rarely at BC athletic events. He didn't even show up at Jerry York's retirement accouncement. Can you imagine the UConn president not showing up for Jim Calhoun's retirement press conference?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Priceless!

And Farrell grew up as a BC fan.

Reaction Score
Belichick to BC? Win / win. He continues to coach and an incredible amount of PR for BC. Recruiting. Fundraising. Why not?

Reaction Score
College football in New England continues to die out. It's a baren wasteland in today's world of power conferences and super teams. Low interest + aging demographics are making it irrelevant to the rest of the country. BC is hanging on only because of it's ACC affiliation. IF ACC breaks apart BC becomes Temple.

Reaction Score
Belichick to BC? Win / win. He continues to coach and an incredible amount of PR for BC. Recruiting. Fundraising. Why not?

Pigs would grow wings and fly to the moon before that happens.

Reaction Score
IF ACC breaks apart BC becomes Temple.

Without the basketball.

Although, hats off to BC hoops this year, they have an outside chance for the first time in over a decade to get to a post-season tournament. Of course it will be the NIT........

Train wreck!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
There's zero chance he'd put up with the current state of college recruiting
there will be fewer and fewer coaches who are going to want to deal with the current NIL culture. The new up and coming coaches wont be those who have a new approach to offfense or defense…it will be those who can negotiate best with kids and donors.

I wonder how long Mora will stick it out. He is already frustrated.

Reaction Score
there will be fewer and fewer coaches who are going to want to deal with the current NIL culture. The new up and coming coaches wont be those who have a new approach to offfense or defense…it will be those who can negotiate best with kids and donors.

I wonder how long Mora will stick it out. He is already frustrated.

I think he’s frustrated but our biggest collective has a full time paid director who is focused on the fundraising pieces. So he has some people between him and the problem and he can still focus on the big picture.

Reaction Score
College football in New England continues to die out. It's a baren wasteland in today's world of power conferences and super teams. Low interest + aging demographics are making it irrelevant to the rest of the country. BC is hanging on only because of it's ACC affiliation. IF ACC breaks apart BC becomes Temple.
Do you realize there are 31 colleges and universities playing football in Massachusetts? That is more than Florida 19, Georgia 19, South Carolina 15, Tennessee 18, Arkansas 13, Louisiana 12, Mississippi 10... Texas has 42, but has 4x the population as Massachusetts. So, there are more kids playing college football in Massachusetts than in Florida and Georgia.

BC's last 3 coaching hires over the past 15 have not been good and Fr. Leahy has allowed athletic mediocrity. Leahy is 75 so he will be gone soon. The other problem with BC is that it is not the state flagship so the average fan is not going to get behind them. That is why the greatest college football upside in New England is with UConn, just like it was in basketball. UConn when given the chance in the BE showed they can compete. We just need another chance.

Reaction Score
As much as I despise Mike Farrell..... he hit it out of the park with his commentary...said that BC will be irrelevant in the future because they have a small non-caring fan base. Priceless!
You despise Mike Farrell because why, he was often critical of UConn recruiting and"down starred" our recruits in favor of BC talent? A three star UConn guy could become a four star when he flipped to BC? I remember that. But if he was such an un-informed, biased jerk he wouldn't have earned the bonafides to have this platform on Full Ride. Sometimes the truth hurts and then it motivates change. And yet he's been a pretty well respected talent evaluator. I've listened to him on that show and initially was surprised (as you likely were) at his depth of knowledge and at all the accolades he got from the hosts. After hearing him on a few episodes, I've found him candid, entertaining and very well informed on a vast number of players--with logic based opinions on their talent. The question now is what would he say about UConn if he was asked by the Full Ride folks? And if he did I think I'd be more likely to cut him some slack. And I bet so would you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom