Bazz's "carry"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bazz.gif

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Ridiculous call. How do you carry when you aren't dribbling ???

Reaction Score
Come on guys, he faked out the refs. It will probably be reviewed in post game referee class. Its over and done. Are we going to start refs complaint threads after every game?

We are UConn dammit!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
he definitely faked out the ref as it would've been carried had he put it down. i did think boat's carry was legit though

Reaction Score
The charge call late in the game was worst actually.......Yogi had a few nice acting jobs on the night including just falling when Boat stripped him from behind!

Reaction Score
Thought the charge call was legitimized b/c Bazz threw the arm out. It was still a bad call, but Bazz did push off a little. That's enough to make the flop look legit. If Bazz just runs straight into him it's a blocking call.

Reaction Score
The charge call late in the game was worst actually.......Yogi had a few nice acting jobs on the night including just falling when Boat stripped him from behind!
I laughed at that play. Bazz got a taste of his own medicine. We all know Bazz is the better actor though, as he has more Oscars.

I remember Michael Jordan's as being worse against Utah, but he didn't get called.

Reaction Score
That call taken to its natural conclusion...

...makes every jump shot a carry and a turn over. Because ever jump shot is taken after picking up the dribble and then putting you hand under the ball.

Reaction Score
Thought the charge call was legitimized b/c Bazz threw the arm out. It was still a bad call, but Bazz did push off a little. That's enough to make the flop look legit. If Bazz just runs straight into him it's a blocking call.

Hear ya but the arm has to be somewhere and not tucked into your side, in this case it was Yogi coming back out of defensive position so it's a no-call especially in that part of a game. Ref can't get fooled by those if he's any good!

Reaction Score
TIL you can carry without actually dribbling. I haven't yelled at my TV that loudly in a while, I wish Saunders and Fraschilla had a stronger reaction to the replay. That was a black and white call and the ref blew it.

Also, the dunk IU had from the baseline where their big man took 4 steps without a travel being called got the blood boiling too.

Reaction Score
there was a questionable call against Brimah and within 10 seconds, the refs made a complete make-up call by calling a phantom foul against IU.
the refs were horrible last night.
I think both sides have valid complaints about the officiating last night.

Reaction Score
there was a questionable call against Brimah and within 10 seconds, the refs made a complete make-up call by calling a phantom foul against IU.
the refs were horrible last night.
I think both sides have valid complaints about the officiating last night.

You're right......I remember the sequence and immediately said "make up call" to myself down the other end!!

Reaction Score
You're right......I remember the sequence and immediately said "make up call" to myself down the other end!!

Was it a makeup call though?

To be fair, they never replayed what happened to Brimah to get the offensive call. I have no idea what the foul was. But it was pretty clear that Vonleh charged into him 3 times. Maybe they let that go usually if there was no earlier questionable call. Who knows? Maybe you're right. But it wasn't phantom. They had some reason to call it.

Reaction Score

To be fair, they never replayed what happened to Brimah to get the offensive call. I have no idea what the foul was. But it was pretty clear that Vonleh charged into him 3 times. Maybe they let that go usually if there was no earlier questionable call. Who knows? Maybe you're right. But it wasn't phantom. They had some reason to call it.

I replayed the Brimah call at home and it was awful.....#33 pushed him from behind while he was going up for the tap (which went in) and made him make some, but very little contact on the kid trying to box him out......Vonleh's call was equally as weak so I am assuming guilt for the other end played a part LOL

Reaction Score
the last charge call against Napier with under 22 seconds left. Wasn't IU in the bonus?
I was expecting foul shots, not in-bounding the ball from half court.

Reaction Score
the last charge call against Napier with under 22 seconds left. Wasn't IU in the bonus?
I was expecting foul shots, not in-bounding the ball from half court.

Player control fouls and illegal screens without the ball .... I believe you don't shoot on those!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Maybe it was a different offensive foul, but on one put back, Brimah went over the back of a guy and basically tackled him to the ground.

Reaction Score
The charge on Vonleh needed to be called. You can't displace a defender in position with your shoulder and he did it three times, each one progressively more egregious than the last. My biggest beef with officials is that you don't get that call often enough without flopping. Nobody likes flopping, but if that's the only way you get the call, people do it. Brimah shouldn't be punished for staying on his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom