Bazz's "carry" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bazz's "carry"

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Same ref who called the carry missed IU step on the baseline twice in the first half. The first possession ended in a kick out 3 and the second a bucket in the paint. 5 points for obvious rule biffs plus the phantom carry.

Reaction Score
Damn guys I would think the refs were playing the other night. Its basketball with the good and the bad. Same game, same parts, it will never be perfectly called.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Damn guys I would think the refs were playing the other night. Its basketball with the good and the bad. Same game, same parts, it will never be perfectly called.
True, but calling a carry on a play when the player doesn't actually put the ball back on the floor is about as bad of a call a guy can make.

Reaction Score
OK on the 'bazz charge. What I don't get is consistency with the BC game the BC guard was driving in with a forearm many times sending Bazz backwards. No call, every time.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The refs were really bad. I was listening to the postgame on the radio, when Joe D'Ambrosio asked Coach Miller something to the effect of, "I know you can't talk about the officiating, but it was unbelievably bad." (paraphrased) Horrible horrible stuff...

Reaction Score
OK on the 'bazz charge. What I don't get is consistency with the BC game the BC guard was driving in with a forearm many times sending Bazz backwards. No call, every time.
It wasn't a no call all the time though, I think Bazz got 2 defensive fouls for playing great D with his body and being pushed by hanlan. Shabazz did the push off because of how the refs weren't calling against BC the night before. It was a foul, but not if they called the games the same way. He should have known not to do it though, because he got away with pushing yogi down once and then gave it another shot as soon as the guy stood up. He's gotta learn not to push the limits so much, if you get away with one just move on and get past him

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
He should have known not to do it though, because he got away with pushing yogi down once and then gave it another shot as soon as the guy stood up.

I'm watching it right now. Yogi slipped and fell the first time, Bazz didn't push him down

Reaction Score
there was a questionable call against Brimah and within 10 seconds, the refs made a complete make-up call by calling a phantom foul against IU.
the refs were horrible last night.
I think both sides have valid complaints about the officiating last night.

Saw that. The two IU fans standing next to me both said make-up call and I agreed. I thought the refs were bad all night; but, bad towards both teams. I think everyone is going to take a while to adjust.

Reaction Score
Any catch what Yogi said to the UConn team after a foul about midway through the 2nd quarter? The ref pulled him over and laid down the law for a good 30 seconds and IU's coach was not happy with him either.

Reaction Score
there was a questionable call against Brimah and within 10 seconds, the refs made a complete make-up call by calling a phantom foul against IU.
the refs were horrible last night.
I think both sides have valid complaints about the officiating last night.
Make-up calls are allowed when they are in our favor.

Reaction Score
I think it's still payback to JC mode for most of the zebras. Thought KO was going to get T'd up after one call.

Reaction Score
I'm watching it right now. Yogi slipped and fell the first time, Bazz didn't push him down

Agree to disagree, and Shabazz himself admitted he shouldn't have made the move he did, but I havent watched it back to assess it

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The
Agree to disagree, and Shabazz himself admitted he shouldn't have made the move he did, but I havent watched it back to assess it
the first time yogi slipped. The second time, a few seconds later shabazz bulled in to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom