Baylor's Mompremier transfering | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor's Mompremier transfering

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Same. Or Miami.

That would be nice as well. She could thrive down there. Not sure if thats too close to home though.

Well, my head spins trying to keep up with all of Triad's "new looks" [avatars] here on the Boneyard . . . . . they seem to come along almost daily!!

:p

Dont mind me.... just trying to find the right fit :cool:

Reaction Score
With all of the transferring going on I have yet to hear anyone transferring for academic reasons. Someone should tell these young ladies that when your four years of school is over there are only a hand full of jobs that will pay you for playing basketball. So, it may be a good idea to get a good education, and a free one at that.
Well... they're transferring not quitting! They're still getting an education.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yours is a cautionary tale for all of us to heed next year at this time...just sayin :rolleyes:
Yep, with 14, we have nearly a full house. I'm not sure, but Baylor may have had 15 plus a walk-on.

Reaction Score
How cum we all knew she would trans fer even before she got to Waco, and she didn't?? Head bang

Reaction Score
Part of Official Press Release on Beatrice Mompremier transerring:
"Mompremier, 6-foot-4, is a former McDonald's All-American and Miami native. She was one of Baylor's best post players the last two seasons, and missed several games late in this season with an ankle injury and struggled to get back to form after she returned."
The italics
are mine. After calling her one of the better post players the last two years, the release then decides to give tell us -- and Beatrice -- what they really feel as she leaves the gym.
Sometimes saying nothing is better than saying something.
Baylor women's basketball player Beatrice Mompremier granted release
That extra qualifying phrase sucks. At least Kim didn't punch her in the face or whatever

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
With all of the transferring going on I have yet to hear anyone transferring for academic reasons. Someone should tell these young ladies that when your four years of school is over there are only a hand full of jobs that will pay you for playing basketball. So, it may be a good idea to get a good education, and a free one at that.
But by transferring they are adding an extra fifth year of free tuition room and board, so maybe that is their nefarious plan from the beginning - 'I know I am going to hate this school, but I can get my general ed requirements finished and then transfer to the school I really like, and get my first year of grad school paid as well! :eek::)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
But by transferring they are adding an extra fifth year of free tuition room and board, so maybe that is their nefarious plan from the beginning - 'I know I am going to hate this school, but I can get my general ed requirements finished and then transfer to the school I really like, and get my first year of grad school paid as well! :eek::)
And if they can blow out their knee, they can get a 6th yr of eligibility and get their 2nd year of grad school also paid for.... :oops:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Since BU just released this, you guys will have it probably before I finish typing.

Dry and Gulley, bench players not in rotation will not return (no surprise).

But a surprise to some . . . Beatrice Mompremier has announced her intent to transfer. No info yet on landing spot.

Just saw typo in "transferring". My bad.

I don't think this is a big surprise, as many Baylor fans had a feeling Mompremier would transfer. She came to Baylor expecting to play the 4 but she has been stuck down on the block because she didn't have enough offensive skill from outside of 5 feet. I hate to see a good bench player leave but she saw the writing on the wall and knew that Brown and Cox are going to get the lion's share of the playing time next season.

None of these transfers are a surprise to me.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And if they can blow out their knee, they can get a 6th yr of eligibility and get their 2nd year of grad school also paid for.... :oops:

Duke had a player Amber Henson.. finished playing in the 2015-16 season.... that had the option to have a 6th year of eligibility. She graduated in 4 years... got her M.M in her fifth year.... and now works for an consulting firm (i believe) She had no reason to use her six years..... even though she was granted an extra one.

JS

Reaction Score
Dont mind me.... just trying to find the right fit :cool:
381_9.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hold the phone, how many DI coaches actually know how to manage Websites? Baylor also had two other transfers I don't see there names listed either.

Reaction Score
Good catch thanks for the link.

That's amazing to me. What a bush league thing to do.

Or maybe their webmaster is good about keeping up with what's going on with the program? Doesn't have to be an order from the coach to update the team's info.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Or maybe their webmaster is good about keeping up with what's going on with the program? Doesn't have to be an order from the coach to update the team's info.
I could buy that if it the site were labeled 17-18 and he/she was getting ready for next year. But it says 16-17. Will that be archived as 16-17? Hope not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom