Baylor's Mompremier transfering | The Boneyard

Baylor's Mompremier transfering

Reaction Score
Since BU just released this, you guys will have it probably before I finish typing.

Dry and Gulley, bench players not in rotation will not return (no surprise).

But a surprise to some . . . Beatrice Mompremier has announced her intent to transfer. No info yet on landing spot.

Just saw typo in "transferring". My bad.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
WOW!!!! WTH is going on in Waco??? Somebody forgot to lock the out door, and left it w-i-d-e open. This can't be good for Mulkey and staff with respect to recruiting. :eek:

Might this just be the tip of the iceberg with more to come???

Reaction Score
Check the transfer page for lot's of talk on this....

Haven't made a habit of tracking transfers as you guys do. I move across the Ferrell parking lot to the baseball park as soon as the ladybears are done (been watchin a lot of baseball in late March the last 4 years).

Dry and Gulley were expected to empty some bench spots. Bea took a huge tumble in confidence at mid season once she gave up the starting spot. My guess is that her lack of development on the offensive end had KMulkey not trusting her with ball in hand. Right or wrong, KMulkey believes in running an offense through the #5 if you have the size and skill to to so. Someone will get a great kid if they can put Bea on a fast track of tutoring her offense this summer.

My head spins sometimes when I try to keep up with you all and how quick your take is on other rosters.

Last edited:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Haven't made a habit of reading that thread. I move across the Ferrell parking lot to the baseball park as soon as the ladybears are done (been watchin a lot of baseball in March the last 4 years).

My head spins sometimes when I try to keep up with you all and how quick your take is on other rosters.

Well, my head spins trying to keep up with all of Triad's "new looks" [avatars] here on the Boneyard . . . . . they seem to come along almost daily!!

:p

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
WOW!!!! WTH is going on in Waco??? Somebody forgot to lock the out door, and left it w-i-d-e open. This can't be good for Mulkey and staff with respect to recruiting. :eek:

Might this just be the tip of the iceberg with more to come???
They had a full roster, if not more.

In the case of Mompremier, she split time with Brown as a frosh. I think Kalani separated herself as a soph.

Reaction Score
They had a full roster, if not more.

In the case of Mompremier, she split time with Brown as a frosh. I think Kalani separated herself as a soph.

No question that after the first month Kalani willed her way into a power game and doing a much better job in staying out of foul trouble And with Cox having an outside shot that Bea doesn't have, Bea didn't show much more game in/out than strong defensive rebounding but only adequate offense from 10-15 feet. This hurts. Next big and necessary question is, is Cox ready to mature into the college game.

Watching all the talent heading to Austin raises questions for some down here if Cox was really a #1 recruit. Stay tuned. Or I guess I should read your other threads and find out what else I need to know.

Springtime in Texas and baseball is calling.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Well, my head spins trying to keep up with all of Triad's "new looks" [avatars] here on the Boneyard . . . . . they seem to come along almost daily!!

:p

Yeah, Triad changes avatars (keeping it fresh) like most folks change their underwear................(I hope). :eek:

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Haven't made a habit of tracking transfers as you guys do. I move across the Ferrell parking lot to the baseball park as soon as the ladybears are done (been watchin a lot of baseball in late March the last 4 years).

Dry and Gulley were expected to empty some bench spots. Bea took a huge tumble in confidence at mid season once she gave up the starting spot. My guess is that her lack of development on the offensive end had KMulkey not trusting her with ball in hand. Right or wrong, KMulkey believes in running an offense through the #5 if you have the size and skill to to so. Someone will get a great kid if they can put Bea on a fast track of tutoring her offense this summer.

One must recognize that ....while this IS "The Boneyard", we're not boneheads. ;) There are a lot of intelligent and knowledgeable posters here. I sometimes wonder how some of them get the inside information that they do.........and it's usually correct. BTW..............I'm not the only seer here. I'm just the only one that dresses the part. :cool:

Reaction Score
Why should anyone with mom in her name,and not just an ordinary one but a premier one at that,listen to a jacket throwin',snakeskin panted,tantrum throwin',sometimes child-like coach anyway?

Reaction Score
I wonder how many players on top teams have transferred so far? On the top 30?

Seems as though a lot of kids have either gone pro or transferred among good teams. Is it a function of over-recruiting and crowded benches? Should the NCAA reduce full scholarships to 12 or 13 instead of the current fifteen? NCAA football at one point sharply reduced the number of scholarships each school could offer, which put an end to stockpiling talented players by the top teams who never ended up using most of them, but kept them away from their competitors.

Even with the one-year layoff, seems as though more and more kids are opting out of their original choices.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Since BU just released this, you guys will have it probably before I finish typing.

Dry and Gulley, bench players not in rotation will not return (no surprise).

But a surprise to some . . . Beatrice Mompremier has announced her intent to transfer. No info yet on landing spot.

Just saw typo in "transferring". My bad.

Thanks much. This one has been getting a thorough discussion on the Transfer Thread since this morning....given the rampant amount of transfers this spring, that has become a must-read thread virtually every morning.....:confused: :rolleyes:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Part of Official Press Release on Beatrice Mompremier transerring:

"Mompremier, 6-foot-4, is a former McDonald's All-American and Miami native. She was one of Baylor's best post players the last two seasons, and missed several games late in this season with an ankle injury and struggled to get back to form after she returned."

The italics are mine. After calling her one of the better post players the last two years, the release then decides to give tell us -- and Beatrice -- what they really feel as she leaves the gym.

Sometimes saying nothing is better than saying something.

Baylor women's basketball player Beatrice Mompremier granted release

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I wonder how many players on top teams have transferred so far? On the top 30?

Seems as though a lot of kids have either gone pro or transferred among good teams. Is it a function of over-recruiting and crowded benches? Should the NCAA reduce full scholarships to 12 or 13 instead of the current fifteen? NCAA football at one point sharply reduced the number of scholarships each school could offer, which put an end to stockpiling talented players by the top teams who never ended up using most of them, but kept them away from their competitors.

Even with the one-year layoff, seems as though more and more kids are opting out of their original choices.

Vowelguy has been keeping a surprisingly up-to-the-minute chart over on the Transfer Thread for P5 transfers. It has changed on a very frequent basis since it was started....

Reaction Score
With all of the transferring going on I have yet to hear anyone transferring for academic reasons. Someone should tell these young ladies that when your four years of school is over there are only a hand full of jobs that will pay you for playing basketball. So, it may be a good idea to get a good education, and a free one at that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom