Baylor vs. Mississippi State Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor vs. Mississippi State Game Thread

Reaction Score
Wallace better take a deep breath..

Wallace has great court vision and IQ but she still plays internationally meaning she carries the ball and pushes off a lot. I hope the refs take notice of that.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
How do you miss that layup/baby hook from 3 feet. The big, slow, and clumsy is a horrible look. My problem with Vic's biggest big.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
For some reason I think Baylor doesnt like Vivians on MSU.
Mompremier shoved or bumped her as she was coming down the court and Jones tripped her, different plays.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Question, since I've been out of coaching for a few years: after receiving a pass in the foul lane, a player has three seconds to shoot or get out? Brown spent almost five in there with the ball, though she was making pivots.
Clearly since you've coached the new rules have gone into effect. Those rules state a player may stay in the lane without the ball until the next commercial break. C'mon coach, catchup.

Meanwhile MSS is doing what I suspected. Playing this talented but raw Baylor team tough. There players with experience, Jones and Davis are matched by the inexperience and "young" play of almost all of the others. Mulkey has continued have success with this group but I don't really see the improvement in players beyond the starters. Brown, because of her size, continues to show good footwork only occasionally. Mompremier continues to be effective mostly in transition, and her freshman have showed, IMO, virtually no real progress. But Mulkey's team just has talent to spared and it's enough to crush most teams. MSS however isn't most teams, and they play with poise. We'll see. Go Schaefer.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
State still way too soft on transition defense. The last lay up fpr Baylor should have been a lay down.

Reaction Score
What happened to MSU post player, last name starts with an M. She's been out of the game forever.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Miss State stays in this as long as the perimeter shots fall. Ugh - Brown again!

JordyG

Reaction Score
How does 45 for MSS constantly lose her mark on defense? Almost every Brown layup has been contested by another teammate. Glad to see 15 return.

JordyG

Reaction Score
William is so fast. May be as fast as Mo.
Last year Mo showed she was WAY faster at every turn. MSS needs to attack more instead of giving up on running their offense. Schaefer said if we're going to jack 3's, send in my daughter.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I think Baylor is making a mistake by not pressuring the ball. They have a super deep bench and should play more defense. They could easily absorb extra fouls.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The longer Miss St stays in this game, I think the pressure starts to begin for Baylor. They're supposed to win and be the Home Team in Dallas for the F4. Many also think they are the most talented team this year.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
The longer Miss St stays in this game, I think the pressure starts to begin for Baylor. They're supposed to win and be the Home Team in Dallas for the F4. Many also think they are the most talented team this year.

And so far they are letting Miss St dictate the pace.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Natalie Chou getting extended burn for Baylor so far. I don't remember her playing this many minutes early in any Baylor game this year. Two fouls on Wallace but I would think Prince slides down and plays guard.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Once Brown gets inside position forget it. Have to keep her out of there.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Stanford is our streak buster. I couldn't care less what the Samuelsons want. Let them play each other in their driveway in May.
MSS is actually trying to play this game for the 4th period. Wear them down and hope BU gets gassed. Not a bad strategy against a Mulkey team that to me has questionable conditioning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom