Baylor vs. Mississippi State Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Baylor vs. Mississippi State Game Thread

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
The longer Miss St stays in this game, I think the pressure starts to begin for Baylor. They're supposed to win and be the Home Team in Dallas for the F4. Many also think they are the most talented team this year.

And the more that pressure builds the more likely Kim M. and Wallace will go off the rails and get T'd up :p

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not a lot of people seem to have noticed that Vic has solved some of his scoring issues in the tournament - 100+ first round and 90+ against DePaul. They only scored 75 against UW but still won by 11. They are big, they have some speed on the perimeter, and they have stayed out of foul trouble - no MSS player has more than 1 foul. Meanwhile with Baylor having the exact same number of fouls Wallace picked up three.
Baylor has shot 59% and trails by three!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Not a lot of people seem to have noticed that Vic has solved some of his scoring issues in the tournament - 100+ first round and 90+ against DePaul. They only scored 75 against UW but still won by 11. They are big, they have some speed on the perimeter, and they have stayed out of foul trouble - no MSS player has more than 1 foul. Meanwhile with Baylor having the exact same number of fouls Wallace picked up three.
Baylor has shot 59% and trails by three!

Good points. I must admit I haven't been paying much attention to them.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Mother of Pearl! After tonight UConn could be the only #1 seed remaining. Someone check the Vegas odds for Mulkey talking/screaming in tongues by the 4th period.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Jones may be back from injury, but this just isn't the same player.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Mother of Pearl! After tonight UConn could be the only #1 seed remaining. Someone check the Vegas odds for Mulkey talking/screaming in tongues by the 4th period.
Carolina is a 1

JordyG

Reaction Score
More and more Baylor is showing exactly what they showed playing UConn: The inability to execute and effective half court offense under pressure.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Miss State looks so relaxed. But, they really have to keep Brown out of that paint. Easier said than done I suppose.

JordyG

Reaction Score
That is the second time McCowan has let Brown beat her down the floor after a basket. Just inexcusable. Against UConn last year she had to be reprimanded by Schaefer for this very offense.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Baylor makes a ton of mistakes.

UConn would be up by 20 over Baylor if they played like this, yet MSU is only up by 3

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
They need to get Brown in foul trouble.

It would be nice if they tried to stay in front of her and draw a charge. She likes to bull her way in there.

Reaction Score
Baylor is a MESS
no, no, no. they are scary good; absolutely unbeatable. maybe the best team since UConn's early 2000s teams.

18451950-chicken-little-the-sky-is-falling.jpeg

Reaction Score
I think that there's no team out there that can beat UConn! This game is proof! Everybody kept saying Baylor being "scary good." I was not and still not convinced; they lost the BIG 12 tourney championship to W. Virginia. I just think the way UConn passes, executes plays, and adjusts to defense is too much for anybody team handle this year.Especially with every player on the floor having the ability to make plays within the offense. Also, there have been no frontcourt duo that has played better offensively or defensively than Gabby Williams and Napheesa Collier this year so big players haven't made me concerned at all. You can't argue Coates and Wilson because they have IMO been mediocre at best. #bleedblue

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom