Baylor vs Kansas State | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Baylor vs Kansas State

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
easttexastrash said:

"November was a loooong time ago as far as this team goes. This is the best Baylor team ever."

If however this is true Mulkey had better win and this year with this "best ever" team. If they lose it won't be because of a lack of talent. If she loses it'll all be on her.

And if she wins she will be only the third coach to win a third championship in NCAA history and she will have done it with three completely different teams. She will officially be a more successful coach than everyone except Geno and Pat. It's all about championships, not how many times you get to the Final Four. I will take 3 championships over X number of FF appearances, no matter what the number is.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It's all about championships, not how many times you get to the Final Four.
How about all those times a certain team fails to make it to FF as a #1 seed. That should count for something no?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
What the hell are you talking about? You started the trash with implying that Baylor underperformed last year and post-Griner. Baylor and UConn are so afar above EVERYONE ELSE right now, with minor concession to FSU possibly. The game at UConn was a very good game and we, as UConn fans should not be chirping like it was USF.

Yeah, I didn't want to mention that I was not the one who started the trash talking in this thread. I was just giving it as good as I was getting it.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
How about all those times a certain team fails to make it to FF as a #1 seed. That should count for something no?

It's all about championships. I will trade 1 championship for 5 years of getting to the FF and going home empty handed.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It's all about championships. I will trade 1 championship for 5 years of getting to the FF and going home empty handed.
I'm a UCONN fan so I not about that life of "trading?" Wouldn't know how!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
They have lots of talent but lose Prince, Jones, Davis, and Cave. I don't see Baylor as a contender next year. Perhaps in '18 if Richards and Morris develop.

I agree. That is an incredible group of talent, probably three WNBA draft picks, and I can't see Baylor replacing them with players who will challenge what will be an incredibly deep UCONN team. Richards and Morris will need a year to develop, as will Cara Ursin. However, once those three have a year under their belts watch out. Baylor will have a strong group of post players in Brown, Mompremier and Cox, and hopefully Nalyssa Smith and Queen Egbo as freshmen. The Baylor guards will be Ursin, Richards, Morris, Chou, Landrum, Gulley, Oliver and hopefully Christyn Williams.

If Baylor can win a championship this seasons I think the chances of landing Smith and Williams increase exponentially. They will see a proven championship caliber program and one in which they will be able to contribute almost immediately.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm a UCONN fan so I not about that life of "trading?" Wouldn't know how!
Yeah, you guys are selfish that way. :) The rest of WCBB just hopes for an occasional title to carry us over until the next one rolls around.

Reaction Score
Yeah, you guys are selfish that way. :) The rest of WCBB just hopes for an occasional title to carry us over until the next one rolls around.
I think a UCONN - Baylor National Championship game would be fantastic. Yes the Huskies won in November, but it was on our floor. The Natty would be on the Bear's turf. Both teams have improved greatly. Both have great coaches. Hope it comes to be...great matchup. Will be "good for women's basketball!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom