Baylor vs Kansas State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor vs Kansas State

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for playful banter, but we've come a long way as well. It works both ways, just sayin...

Yep, you've improved, also. But not like Baylor, and I am not just saying that because I am a Baylor fan. IMO, Baylor is the best team in the country right now. JMO. The development of Cox is monumental. I have never seen a player go from being that timid to be such a force so quickly other than maybe Breanna Stewart.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Texas by 3 over TCU at the half

TCU is much better than people think. They played Baylor really well and they flat out get after you. I really like that team and what is happening there in Ft. Worth.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Welp, USF survived a scare. One-point win over SMU, who missed a potential game-winning 3-pointer in the final seconds.

I'm not sure who deserves to drop out of the top 25 more, KSU or USF.

Reaction Score
Yep, you've improved, also. But not like Baylor, and I am not just saying that because I am a Baylor fan. IMO, Baylor is the best team in the country right now. JMO. The development of Cox is monumental. I have never seen a player go from being that timid to be such a force so quickly other than maybe Breanna Stewart.
Would you consider losing to Uconn in the natty an upset?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Would you consider losing to Uconn in the natty an upset?

I would consider it a major upset. :p

Of course I wouldn't. Nobody considers a loss to UCONN an upset. And I think that most UCONN fans would not say that losing to Baylor in the NC game would be an upset, either.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If it were to happen, I would hope that you'd be ready to be as gracious as always :D

I will turn on the southern charm that most people in the south "think" they have. It's not always so charming, though. I might even say "bless your heart."

Reaction Score
This team doesn't have 90+ wins in a row, they have 19. The team that had Stewart, Tuck and Jefferson had the other 71.

Same program and coaches, but point is teams' fans spoke trash through out. This team beat yours by double digits this year so there is that too.... But lose and keep talking.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would consider it a major upset. :p

Of course I wouldn't. Nobody considers a loss to UCONN an upset. And I think that most UCONN fans would not say that losing to Baylor in the NC game would be an upset, either.

Wrong it would be an upset because we would be favored.... That is how it works when using those terms.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
But on a serious note, Baylor is really good. Who knows what will happen by April. We Baylor fans have learned to like the show Eight is Enough.
The big question is, can a great SHORT team beat a great TALL team? The first time they played this season neither team could be considered great. However, we won't find out unless both teams make it to the FF.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This is Baylor's best chance for the foreseeable future to win a title. Don't choke ladies. :cool:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
But on a serious note, Baylor is really good. Who knows what will happen by April. We Baylor fans have learned to like the show Eight is Enough.
Finally people are coming around to the way you and I think. Of course I'm joking, but so many doubted this team, especially after the loss to UConn. Again I'm going to shine my own apple. Before the season started, and before Geno and UConn's young ladies started to work their magic, I picked Baylor to win The Boogie Down. Although I still think UConn is the better team and has shown more improvement since their last meeting, I don't see any other teams challenging either one. Now, circumstance and injuries could make a sea change for either team, but these are the two horses I'd ride. As Damon Runyon said, "The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet".

Reaction Score
Baylor must have been something else tonight. But they weren't so great against West Virginia in Waco the other day. I thought they would make the championship game last year against UConn, but Oregon State got in the way. I pick Baylor and UConn as the finalists this year, too, but a lot can happen.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor must have been something else tonight. But they weren't so great against West Virginia in Waco the other day. I thought they would make the championship game last year against UConn, but Oregon State got in the way. I pick Baylor and UConn as the finalists this year, too, but a lot can happen.

The problem with last year's team was the lack of production from the PG position. As good as Johnson was at passing the ball, she was a liability when it came to shooting and her defense was just OK. With Wallace and Jones sharing PG responsibilities Baylor is getting 10 assists a game between the two and they are both able to shoot the three, the mid-range jumper or drive to the basket, making the PG position much more of a threat this season. Plus, Alexis Prince is shooting the ball beautifully and Lauren Cox brings a reliable high post threat that Baylor hasn't had since Sophia Young.

Kim won't pull Nina Davis as a starter in favor of Cox since Davis is a senior, but when the NCAA tourney rolls around look for Cox to get a big chunk of minutes. Her versatility makes her much more of a threat than Davis. Cox is averaging 9.7 points, 4.9 rebounds and 1.76 blocks a game in only 13.5 minutes per game, all of which reflect better production than Davis in each category.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I earned the right the day I was born. November was a loooong time ago as far as this team goes. This is the best Baylor team ever.
Maybe it is, but you don't want to face South Carolina in the semi-finals, you may have a short stay at the Final Four.

JordyG

Reaction Score
easttexastrash said:

"November was a loooong time ago as far as this team goes. This is the best Baylor team ever."

If however this is true Mulkey had better win and this year with this "best ever" team. If they lose it won't be because of a lack of talent. If she loses it'll all be on her.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Don't mean to sound like an entitled Uconn fan, but have you or your team really earned the right to talk trash here, considering what happened in November?
What the hell are you talking about? You started the trash with implying that Baylor underperformed last year and post-Griner. Baylor and UConn are so afar above EVERYONE ELSE right now, with minor concession to FSU possibly. The game at UConn was a very good game and we, as UConn fans should not be chirping like it was USF.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
easttexastrash said:

"November was a loooong time ago as far as this team goes. This is the best Baylor team ever."

If however this is true Mulkey had better win and this year with this "best ever" team. If they lose it won't be because of a lack of talent. If she loses it'll all be on her.
That's also not true that she better win this year. Her team is still very young and improving. Next year it will again be BU and UConn as the top two dogs (ok, one bear and one dog). She has built a great program behind only UConn and ND at the moment (she does have 2 rings to Muffet's 1)

Reaction Score
Just to review, the K-State that got clobbered last night by Baylor has defeated NC State, Auburn, West Virginia, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and TCU. Of their five losses, two were to Baylor, and one to UConn.

So I'm guessing that they might actually rise in the rankings on this blow-out, as do many teams that get beat by UConn.

JordyG

Reaction Score
That's also not true that she better win this year. Her team is still very young and improving. Next year it will again be BU and UConn as the top two dogs (ok, one bear and one dog). She has built a great program behind only UConn and ND at the moment (she does have 2 rings to Muffet's 1)
Well it's my opinion that as good a team as Mulkey has next year's UConn team will be miles better making her window for winning a year of one. For me as well the fact that she could win only one championship with Griner and Sims is nothing to gloat about.

Reaction Score
I simply find it hard to believe that after losing four productive seniors (Davis, Cave, Jones, and Prince) and returning only 1 guard that plays meaningful minutes, that there won't be somewhat of an adjustment period for Baylor next season. Not to say they won't figure it out eventually, but Uconn will be deep and experienced next season.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

They have lots of talent but lose Prince, Jones, Davis, and Cave. I don't see Baylor as a contender next year. Perhaps in '18 if Richards and Morris develop.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not one team in WCBB worries me a this point.

Me.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom