Baylor-Tennessee game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Baylor-Tennessee game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
They've had a lot of spunk all year. Consistent execution, however, has not been their calling card.

Looks like Glory's available. Which is good because Harrison's not going to give them anything.

Fine if GJ can remember in the second half not to hesitate and take one or 2 steps in! Trouble is UT just does not have enough consistent outside shooting options.

Reaction Score
These announcers are like forks scraping a blackboard - how do you endure this?

This is nothing. There are far far far worse WCBB announcers.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The LVs are a big disappointment to me and the refs are a big disappointment to the LV fans.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
R Griffin half time interview was pretty cool! Something I rarely say about that whole Gruden thang. :)

Reaction Score
offensive execution is the 3rd on TN's list after rebounding and D. You can't beat Baylor by not executing on O.

Reaction Score
Supposedly the Baylor bench taunted Glory when she was down. Something along the lines of "get up, you're faking".

Of course their coach was too busy arguing the call to notice.

What delayed the TN coaches, I have no idea.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Game is pretty much over IMO. Tennessee could not afford to get down by 6 early...

Griner is an underachiever in terms of her rebounding. I love her free throw shooting, jump hook, and defense, but she needs to do a better job of boxing out. I realize I am not the first one to point this out of course.

Shame on her for only having 8 rebounds in the first half.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Supposedly the Baylor bench taunted Glory when she was down. Something along the lines of "get up, you're faking".

Of course their coach was too busy arguing the call to notice.

What delayed the TN coaches, I have no idea.
Source?

Reaction Score
TENN isn't hitting their jump shots. To beat Baylor, I think a team has to be able to hit jump shots and make 3's.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
How many times are they going to challenge Baylor down low? What the...
that is remarkably dumb. even when Griner's on the o ther side of the key, she's able to slide over and block, as Taber found out.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Source?
maria cornelius tweeted it.

“@mmcornelius: Baylor players at end of bench taunted Glory while she was down, said she was faking it and get up”

if true, that's low class for Baylor's bench. but it would be a bummer if that's all tennessee fans take away from the game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me what the benefit is of having Griner follow Baugh out 15 to 20 feet from the basket? I am being serious. I know that there must be a good reason if Mulkey has her to do, but is Baugh really going to beat you out there?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Tennessee follows up a great defensive possession with an awful 3 point shot with 25 seconds left in the shot clock.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me what the benefit is of having Griner follow Baugh out 15 to 20 feet from the basket? I am being serious. I know that there must be a good reason if Mulkey has her to do, but is Baugh really going to beat you out there?
No- and I wondered the same thing.

Reaction Score

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually rooting for Tennessee to pull this out. Not likely. I wish they'd actually run some offense, but why start now?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually rooting for Tennessee to pull this out. Not likely. I wish they'd actually run some offense, but why start now?

LOL...that was a great answer to my question.

Reaction Score
If there was a way for them both to lose this game, I would be happy. I honestly cannot decide which team I am rooting for...just watchin'

Reaction Score
Tennessee follows up a great defensive possession with an awful 3 point shot with 25 seconds left in the shot clock.

That would be Ms Bass.
The team has a chance to cut it single digits and the worst player on the floor decides to shoot a 3.

Reaction Score
These announcers are like forks scraping a blackboard - how do you endure this?

If it's a UConn game, you mute the TV and tune into Bob & Kara on WTIC AM.

For this game, I'm switching to Dancing with the Stars :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits