Baylor Reveals This Season's "Ultra Competitive" Non Conference Schedule | The Boneyard

Baylor Reveals This Season's "Ultra Competitive" Non Conference Schedule

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Did coaches not learn anything from Maryland last year?? NCAA committee looks at nonconference strength of schedule. Unless coaches got a memo that they won't be looking at this year. I dont know. I wanna see good teams play good teams.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@easttexastrash.

Whats-Up-Image17.gif

With this Mickey Mouse schedule?

Reaction Score
Why even bother with an OC schedule. It is official Baylor is the new MD & I hope the selection committee remembers this come March.

Ms Mulkey ---went far an wide to provide her team with the greatest and toughest competition within the WCBB world.
lamar, Coppin, Missipi Valley St (Remember a Mss Team was in the NCAA last year), and there are others.
The laughter of some poster is just---unprofessional, uncalled for, and without explanation--
With this response to a very difficult OOC --it is no wonder Ms Kim Mulkey thinks the WCBB world --has "it" in for her!
This is akin to the laughter I heard when she wore green leather pants, or discussed the legal situation at Baylor--just horse laughs--

How much fun is that????

Reaction Score
What a grueling, murderers' row schedule! They'll be lucky if they can go .500 vs those juggernauts. ;)
Now here is a fan of WCBB that know his/her stuff!! Very much as I posted. Brilliant, simply brilliant (because you agree with me)

Reaction Score
Did coaches not learn anything from Maryland last year?? NCAA committee looks at nonconference strength of schedule. Unless coaches got a memo that they won't be looking at this year. I dont know. I wanna see good teams play good teams.
What idiot came up with that concept--Good teams play good team's ---you'll never be an assistant at Baylor.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Wow! I laughed so hard I nearly chocked on my lunch LOL

Ha, don't laugh too hard.. we haven't released ours yet. I don't expect it to be the gauntlet of last year but I think it should still be pretty decent...

Ohio State, Duke, Maryland and Connecticut for sure.. probably 1 more big program besides those 4.. Dawn's not going to beat down a young team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well Baylor lost top talent in Jones, Prince, Davis to graduation and Monetprier to transfer..... so I understand the schedule in the sense that it is a bit of a rebuilding year.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Brenda at least had an excuse with a young team what is Kim's excuse for this joke of a OOC schedule
Neither Brenda nor Kim has an excuse for this pathetic OOC schedule. Last year I said I hoped the selection committee was paying attention to MD and thankfully they were. This year I hope the recruits are paying attention. This is really really ratchet for two high profile coaches to have gone this route two years in a row. Hey Kim, remember when you complained that ESPN should have been covering the UCONN vs. Baylor game last year? You were right but only because UCONN was in it. Next time you get on a soap box about lack of attention to WCBB, think before someone takes your advice and really punches you in the mouth.

Reaction Score
And they're all home games? How do they manage that? We always have to do home and homes.

No.
When UConn played cupcakes, it would be at home only. Generally, schools pay the opponent a fee to come to their place.
Once UConn moved to the AAC, however, it had to beef up the non-conference sked and good teams/p5 schools will only do home-and-homes.

Reaction Score
That said, Baylor could end up with 5 games against Top 10 opponents (TX x2, WV x2, UCLA), which isn't too bad.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Did coaches not learn anything from Maryland last year?? NCAA committee looks at nonconference strength of schedule. Unless coaches got a memo that they won't be looking at this year. I don't know. I wanna see good teams play good teams.

Wow!!! Four thoughts come to mind when I saw Baylor's pre-conference schedule for this season. I counted 11 games. I'm assuming there will be two more games added on after the Christmas break before their conference season begins. I believe you are allowed to schedule 13 pre-conference games each year.

1. Business as usual. Another ultra soft (cupcake) lineup of low mid-major programs for her team to "feast" on to begin the season, thereby guaranteeing an undefeated record going into conference play. I find it difficult to be impressed when a team boasts a 13-0 or 12-1 record going into January, when all the the teams they played were cupcakes...........please!! :confused:

2. She still refuses to play top 30 programs in November and December. She's not a rookie coach. She knows EXACTLY what she's doing. They come out west to play top 25 UCLA, then at home to top 25 Kentucky. At worst, they should win one of those games, maybe both.

3. Kim no doubt believes her program to be a top 5 program, but refuses to play other programs worthy of a program that befits Baylor's top 5 ranking. It suggests to me that she's not too sure (or confident) of her team's ability to play competitive teams and win early in the season, but instead prefers to cut their teeth on lesser talented teams to prepare for conference play.

4. She's not convinced that the tournament selection committee will refuse to award them a #1 seed come March because of her embarrassingly weak OOC schedule. Until they do, maybe she has a point.

I'm not a Baylor fan, or a Mulkey fan. What she does is of no interest to me, especially since they are not on UConn's schedule this year. If we see them, it will be in March. I'm just sharing an personal observation from afar here. The more things change, the more they stay the same..........smh. I think Mulkey is better than this, and I'm a little surprised this type of scheduling continues.

Good luck to Kim and her team this year, Go Bears. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom