Baylor Reveals This Season's "Ultra Competitive" Non Conference Schedule | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Baylor Reveals This Season's "Ultra Competitive" Non Conference Schedule

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
That's kind of funny but I can't imagine that she really thinks this. Geno is 991-135 - .880 winning %. Kim is at 506-96 - .841%.

The fastest coach to reach 600 wins is Nancy Fahey, current head coach of the Illinois Fighting Illini, who reached the mark in her 706th game as coach of the Division III Washington (MO) Bears. Nancy was 600-106. Kim would have to go 94-10 over the next 3 years or so - certainly possible, but not likely as I would expect 3-4 losses each year plus another one in the NCAA's.

I don't think any coach will come close to Geno's all time winning %. Kim, for example, would need to go 485-39 over the next 14 years averaging less than 3 losses per year during that time frame. Highly unlikely...
And you know, neighbor, it's not about the wins as much as it is about the championships.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I don't know that it would be a wise move for a player to quote Einstein to Geno. If you have the temerity to quote any physicist to Geno, at least quote an Italian like Enrico Fermi.
Only the second most notable Italian EF behind Enzo Ferrari--who also knew a thing or two about energy, heat, and light--and was much more fun at parties.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Kim actually scheduled this to give UCONN fans a chance to go Snipe hunting.

My biggest concern about this schedule, as opposed to last season's schedule, is that this season we may not make it past the Elite 8. The Final Fours that resulted from Griner's final season and the seasons since have all been a direct result of the strength or weakness of the OOC schedule. In other words, it hasn't made a difference either way. If you don't win it all you might as well lose in the first round. Where did UCONN's schedule get them last year...a loss to the same team Baylor lost to. MAYBE, just MAYBE, your success in the tourney is a direct result of the talent you have.

What was Geno's excuse for losing to MSU last season, lack of talent (3 AAs) or a poor OOC schedule? I will sit back, enjoy looking at Baylor at the top of basically every category like they did last year and then looking forward to a nice conference schedule and a loss in the S16 or E8.

Reaction Score
Sonny -
Please read what you wrote on CHOICES.

"In life you are defined by not by your abilities, but by your choices. Neither Baylor nor UCONN has a choice of conference opponents. UCONN WCBB isn't in the AAC by choice either."

Convoluted sentence ??leading your paragraph ---led to my believing you said the reverse of what you intended??-- sorry every time I read it comes out the same way- did you mean-YOU ARE DEFINED BY YOUR CHOICES. YES!
I replied: If everyone was only defined by their choices--we'd have no hero's or leaders' TRUISM!
I write many convoluted sentences--and try to not get angry when someone reads them as written.
- but with my response --I didn't expect anyone to take your tact--on a truism.
If you wrote that in the manner it was written you'd get my response again --you'd get the same response.
Adding now: EVERY person who ever lived on this or any other planet--at times makes BAD Choices.
Argue -a truism ---

No problem my friend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom